Jump to content

St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September


Recommended Posts

There are several clubs across the SPFL who have chosen to hold an applause, it's become a pretty common approach to marking someone's death. I'm not sure why you'd expect an explanation beyond "to pay respects".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Everyone knows exactly why St Mirren are asking for applause rather than silence. Just wish they had made a public statement about why they have come to this decision. 

Go on for a laugh, do tell us exactly what the reasons are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Go on for a laugh, do tell us exactly what the reasons are?

Ok, so you turn out to be the only person with a knowledge of Scottish football who doesn't know. I'll leave you with your innocence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, so you turn out to be the only person with a knowledge of Scottish football who doesn't know. I'll leave you with your innocence. 

Everyone just wants this sideshow to be over. Who gives a.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Highlight for me was the Rangers fan on Twitter saying we were bending over to Celtic because our manager has a Parkhead season ticket.

Feels like we've been getting embroiled in this Old Firm fuckwittery on such a frequent basis over the past couple of seasons. It's so tedious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

download (4).jpg

Sure that was for a specific reason for 24 hours or so.  Don't see what the difference is to Partick letting Rangers youth use their ground or other clubs giving half their ground and taking the Old Firm boaby. 

Edited by Hoose Rice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Sure that was for a specific reason for 24 hours or so.  Don't see what the difference is to Partick letting Rangers youth use their ground or other clubs giving half their pound and taking the Old Firm boaby. 

Celtic had rented the stadium to play a couple of friendlies while Parkhead was getting used for the Commonwealth games. As much as rival fans like to use that picture as evidence of St Mirren having some sort of affinity to Celtic, the signage was taken down a couple of hours after it was put up.
Celtic did have full control of the stadium for those games, and as you say it’s no different from what has went on at other stadiums, but the St Mirren board hadn't agreed to the changing of any signage and it was taken down a couple of hours after it went up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Highlight for me was the Rangers fan on Twitter saying we were bending over to Celtic because our manager has a Parkhead season ticket.
Feels like we've been getting embroiled in this Old Firm fuckwittery on such a frequent basis over the past couple of seasons. It's so tedious.
Lets just get relegated and ta daaaah, simples
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Hasn’t got a season ticket imo.

Indeed.

I gave up my season ticket after Sevco were admitted to the league.

Without Sevco, Ceptic would have withered and died. It was the perfect opportunity to finish off the Old Firm for good. To finish off sectarianism in Scotland.

I have rarely been to a game since then and certainly not one involving the OF. When you realise that competition in Scottish football is akin to that in wrestling then you lose that excitement. If you know it’s a fix then what is the point.

And every time I go back to a game, I sit and ask myself, why did I bother?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed.

I gave up my season ticket after Sevco were admitted to the league.

Without Sevco, Ceptic would have withered and died. It was the perfect opportunity to finish off the Old Firm for good. To finish off sectarianism in Scotland.

I have rarely been to a game since then and certainly not one involving the OF. When you realise that competition in Scottish football is akin to that in wrestling then you lose that excitement. If you know it’s a fix then what is the point.

And every time I go back to a game, I sit and ask myself, why did I bother?

 

 

 

That's taking Sevco/ing to a grandmaster level that even Squonk can't compete with.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

All Saints fans should be boycotting this game

if non OF fans started boycotting games against the OF then it would hopefully force the non OF clubs to resign and start a new league without them 

Yes I’m sure it would force their hand because some bent out of shape diddies decide to (continue) sitting on the couch. 

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Everyone knows exactly why St Mirren are asking for applause rather than silence. Just wish they had made a public statement about why they have come to this decision. 

Hardly alone in a minutes applause, let’s not get all mopey about it and just get on with the football.

Those who want to mourn and pay respects have ample opportunity to during the national silence tomorrow and on Monday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...