St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

On 22/09/2022 at 17:22, Bobby_F said:

I get that the police/stewards are scared to deal with sectarian singing, flares, standing etc when it's a whole stand; but surely when they spot individuals who clearly shouldn't be there, they should be removed.

I was in the Family Stand and there were quite a number of faces (mostly younger guys) who I'd never seen before. Assume they were Celtic fans. Mates in the West Bank also said there were a decent number exiting, presumably Celtic fans, from the FS before the final whistle.

There was no bother but it did cross my mind at 2-0 what might occur if Celtic were to pull it back in the dying minutes.

There's quite a high turnover of stewards in the Family Stand and it's not unusual for them to be young women. Might be worth the club having a wee think about stewarding arrangements for these OF games. Stewarding & police presence is usually focused at the W7 corner but there is now potential for flashpoints elsewhere when the OF visit.

On 22/09/2022 at 17:22, Bobby_F said:

I sit with my 86 year old dad in the back row of W3.

As they left (in about the 92nd minute) they got some 'Cheerios' and responded with a single finger salute - right in front of the police.  Nothing happened.

I get that the police/stewards are scared to deal with sectarian singing, flares, standing etc when it's a whole stand; but surely when they spot individuals who clearly shouldn't be there, they should be removed eliminated.

There