St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

OF fans complaining about the away experience, whether that be allocation or treatment, clearly haven't visited their own grounds as an away fan.. and it shows.

What percentage of Celtic Park or Ibrox, per capacity, do we get? Give them the same at Greenhill Road.

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Neither Saints player in the Australia squad for the NZ game. Guess we've got to assume they're on the periphery. Greive on the bench for the Kiwis.

Was going to watch while I worked but probably won't bother now.

They are playing each other twice in the matter of a few days, so I guess there will be a rotation in the squad, plus our players wouldn't have most likely arrived till possibly yesterday.

*Edit
I see Mooy and Boyle have started. I still guess it will be a rotated squad and this is possibly their strongest starting 11
Ex buddie Cameron Howieson on the bench for New Zealand along with Grieve.

Edited by smellthepaw

2 hours ago, Ric said:

OF fans complaining about the away experience, whether that be allocation or treatment, clearly haven't visited their own grounds as an away fan.. and it shows.

What percentage of Celtic Park or Ibrox, per capacity, do we get? Give them the same at Greenhill Road.

The minimum would be W6 and W7 in the West Stand which by my reckoning would be around 650-700 seats.

I'm sure the North Bank guys would be OK relocating to N1 for those matches.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

The minimum would be W6 and W7 in the West Stand which by my reckoning would be around 650-700 seats.

I'm sure the North Bank guys would be OK relocating to N1 for those matches.

When you say minimum, is that based on the physical restrictions of the stadium, or down to SPFL rules regarding allocations?

I'll be honest, my comment comes from nothing more than seeing several hundred Saints away fans crammed into a corner while the stadium they are in accommodates 60 odd thousand.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

When you say minimum, is that based on the physical restrictions of the stadium, or down to SPFL rules regarding allocations?

I'll be honest, my comment comes from nothing more than seeing several hundred Saints away fans crammed into a corner while the stadium they are in accommodates 60 odd thousand.

More to do with segregation.

They are playing each other twice in the matter of a few days, so I guess there will be a rotation in the squad, plus our players wouldn't have most likely arrived till possibly yesterday.

*Edit
I see Mooy and Boyle have started. I still guess it will be a rotated squad and this is possibly their strongest starting 11
Ex buddie Cameron Howieson on the bench for New Zealand along with Grieve.
They showed Baccus in the stand near the end with other fringe players not featuring today. Hopefully more rotation come the return game in NZ on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Hot from the rules:

Admission Prices, Admission to Grounds and Ticket Distribution

I26 The Home Club, in its absolute discretion, shall determine admission charges for League Matches and, except for Premiership/Championship Play-Off Matches where the minimum ticket/admission prices specified in or consented to by the Board and the ticketing and admission arrangements all in terms of Rules C26A and C26B shall be charged and applied by the relevant Home Club, Play-Off Matches.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

I28 A section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the Visiting Club and any tickets for League Matches and Play-Off Matches must be distributed on that basis. Details of these arrangements should be publicised by the Clubs concerned in advance.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/CLEAN_SPFL Rules and Regulations 29-Jul-22 (MASTER COPY).pdf

On 19/09/2022 at 12:35, Doctor Sanchez said:

Were you not the one arguing about how successful St Johnstone were during Covid, just a few posts up?

Demonstrably, the crowds at football can make a difference. Giving you one stand, restricting the amount of seats you have access to is a no-brainer. It doesn't affect the overall numbers in any meaningful way, it does allow the Season ticket holders and future of the club to sit in THEIR OWN SEATS and we comfortably took the 3 points. I'm not sure what your beef is? 

His team lost.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

The cost of putting up and taking down the pillars in the way of the view when Celtic visit might be prohibitive

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Neither Saints player in the Australia squad for the NZ game. Guess we've got to assume they're on the periphery. Greive on the bench for the Kiwis.

Was going to watch while I worked but probably won't bother now.

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread. Though, to be fair, it's pretty much our thread anyway, what with that reduced Celtic allocation.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I noticed the small group in the MS during the game but not those in the TF. It was only after watching replays of Ayunga's goal that you could see some of them, still seated and their faces tripping  them.

They could easily be St Mirren fans. ‘Aye, he scored, we’re two nil up, but I’m still not sold on him. Get a sub on Robinson, get this sorted!’

You know what we’re like. 😜

On 20/09/2022 at 23:40, wastecoatwilly said:

You have highlighted one of the many problems an away fan has to deal with,moving the game for Tv,restricted allocation, the lack of a walk up turnstile,proof of where you live, Can you tell me any other sport that makes it harder to see the event?

Away fans of diddy teams don't usually have that problem.

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thinking more about the allocation issue: we've all seen the pictures of the obviously Celtic fans in the away end and, to a degree, I'm comfortable with that. If they want to pay us money and sit on their hands for 90 minutes, then fine.

The main things for me are that a) we're not relocating our own fans and b) we've nipped the 'two away ends' thing in the bud. The fans who've 'snuck in' are largely quiet/non-vocal and that's the real difference. The on-par attendance confirmed we've not missed out: more of our own fans in the place, and a smattering of silenced Celtic fans. While we're working on building our own fan base, this seems like an ok compromise.

I sit with my 86 year old dad in the back row of W3.

At the start of the game I noticed two guys dressed all in black standing on the concrete area at the back.  Nobody is allowed to stand there, and once my 14 (at time) nephew did, and stewards got him moved within minutes.

I assumed these two guys were under cover cops, given their position, them not being challenged, and thought perhaps they were there to look out for Celtic fans in places they shouldn't have been.

Forgot all about them until around the 80th minute when Celtic fluffed another attack and I heard a huge bang coming from behind me.  Turned round and it was clear they were unhappy about the game.  "Not Saints fans then" I asked, and the guy came back with some threatening verbals.

A few others around me then realised what was going on, and someone said a policeman had spotted it - though didn't do anything.

Felt very uncomfortable for the next 10 minutes with my back turned to two very angry young guys.

As they left (in about the 92nd minute) they got some 'Cheerios' and responded with a single finger salute - right in front of the police.  Nothing happened.

I get that the police/stewards are scared to deal with sectarian singing, flares, standing etc when it's a whole stand; but surely when they spot individuals who clearly shouldn't be there, they should be removed.

Edited by Bobby_F

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

I sit with my 86 year old dad in the back row of W3.

At the start of the game I noticed two guys dressed all in black standing on the concrete area at the back.  Nobody is allowed to stand there, and once my 14 (at time) nephew did, and stewards got him moved within minutes.

I assumed these two guys were under cover cops, given their position, them not being challenged, and thought perhaps they were there to look out for Celtic fans in places they shouldn't have been.

Forgot all about them until around the 80th minute when Celtic fluffed another attack and I heard a huge bang coming from behind me.  Turned round and it was clear they were unhappy about the game.  "Not Saints fans then" I asked, and the guy came back with some threatening verbals.

A few others around me then realised what was going on, and someone said a policeman had spotted it - though didn't do anything.

Felt very uncomfortable for the next 10 minutes with my back turned to two very angry young guys.

As they left (in about the 92nd minute) they got some 'Cheerios' and responded with a single finger salute - right in front of the police.  Nothing happened.

I get that the police/stewards are scared to deal with sectarian singing, flares, standing etc when it's a whole stand; but surely when they spot individuals who clearly shouldn't be there, they should be removed.

This is part of the reason they think they can do whatever the f**k they want.