St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He really should be able to, considering he's spent about £40m on this squad.

He should be able to but football doesn’t always work like that hence why we love it. Upsets happen for many reasons but they do happen often irrespective of squad sizes or spend. Our first loss in the league for a year, that isn’t half bad so the amount of knicker wetting going on about it is rather funny.

So it’s a day where St Mirren got everything right on a day we weren’t on it, fair fucks to them but we move on and let’s see how we respond against Motherwell however I imagine it will be a positive one but we have no god given right to win any game just by turning up

Edited by Jinky67

There are times when it absolutely makes sense for the home team to give the away team a larger number of tickets than to their own support, this should be limited to cup ties between lower league teams & premiership teams where the home club has already almost sold their projected home support out.

As for yesterday, think of all those kids (or indeed adults), who hadn’t been to a victory against the OF and left absolutely buzzing! 
Great performance by St Mirren & hats off for the move to reduce the number of visitors. 

6 hours ago, btb said:

Have you read the thread?

265 less fans yesterday than the last time your lot played, that represents over 1300 Saints fans boycotting the Two Stands option, taking into account the money we lost by having to discount the price of STs in the Family Stand and assuming that we will have reduced policing/stewarding costs we'll not be losing much, if any, money.

If you're trying to come across as reasonable you're failing badly M8.

There are 7 people that sit near me that don't turn up for games against Celtic or Rangers.

They weren't there yesterday, but I hope they come back next time.

The atmosphere was so much better, despite the Celtic fans embarrassing themselves in the first 20 minutes.

I drove from the west end of the town where I live, to pick up my dad in the north end.  This was about 11:30.  99% of the people I saw were Saints fans.

It felt like we'd at least won our stadium back even before the game.  And then winning the actual game was a fantastic bonus.

On 19/09/2022 at 15:32, wastecoatwilly said:

My first post on the subject was fill your stands with your own fans, we wouldn't be having this debate if you did,it's not our problem it's your's M8.
So your semantics have decided to cut our allocation to help with the problem like many other clubs i'm saying good luck with that M8.

Attendance down by 300 comparing Sunday vs last season game v Celtic at home and that is with cutting their extra allocation this season of around 1300 seats.

I think you have to look at that as a major win and considering it was a 12pm Sky game too. Moving in the right direction. 

On 19/09/2022 at 15:32, wastecoatwilly said:

My first post on the subject was fill your stands with your own fans, we wouldn't be having this debate if you did,it's not our problem it's your's M8.
So your semantics have decided to cut our allocation to help with the problem like many other clubs i'm saying good luck with that M8.

St Mirren and their fans don’t have any problems with reducing your allocation.

We’re all totally happy with the arrangement 

The only folk that have a problem with it are you are your fellow Old Firm fans

GIRFUY 😃