St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I know you've seen the numbers so at this point you're just railing against St Mirren making the matchday experience as positive as possible for its own fans. 

I realise that it's tough to hear that we don't want your money, and we've acted to reduce your numbers, and that we as a club wholly believe it's been a positive step, but it's all true.

The fact we've just beaten you at home for the first time in 12 years... Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. But we can't hope to consistently match you on the park, so we seek small advantages where we can. Whether that's letting our fans keep their usual seats, or Curtis Main ripping the piss for several minutes near the corner flag, we'll take what we can get.

If you honestly still can't see why this has all been utterly perfect for St Mirren FC then you're either being disingenuous or you're just hard of comprehension.

It only took 3 pages to get a reasonable response well done M8.
Curtis Main bullied our defense yesterday in a good way.

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic's allocation has been cut at several grounds it was a general point M8 with a St Johnstone fan starting it, I disagree and got 2 pages out of it 

Yip we don't care big club found.

Yet Celtic and Rangers fans never seem to be able to reflect on the reasons why this keeps happening. Why are clubs deciding to turn down these supposed riches? Why were St Mirren able to sell 1300 more tickets to their own fans yesterday than they usually do for this fixture? Why do these clubs not think you are worth the hassle anymore?

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Livingston have no problem in giving Celtic 3 stands and also get results doing it.
For me locking fans out of grounds isn't the answer M8.

Isn't the answer you reckon :rolleyes: maybe we should just give yous the whole stadium then and fill our pockets with cash 

St.Mirren 3 Rangers 2 ending Rangers 27 game unbeaten run.......... NO FANS and no dodgy Penalties 

Celtic 1 St.Mirren 2  Saints first away win at Celtic park in 31 years....NO FANS 

St.Mirren 2 Celtic 0  ending Celtic's unbeaten league run of 38 games....... Away end only 

You sure about that 🤔 

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yet Celtic and Rangers fans never seem to be able to reflect on the reasons why this keeps happening. Why are clubs deciding to turn down these supposed riches? Why were St Mirren able to sell 1300 more tickets to their own fans yesterday than they usually do for this fixture? Why do these clubs not think you are worth the hassle anymore?

I hope your club are able to keep the 1300 fans M8, that will save me looking at empty stands every second week.
Stop fecking blaming the fans that want to go and can't it's got feck all to do with us M8.

St Mirren are very actively trying to increase their fan base. The Club and supporters groups and individual supporters are buying tickets and season tickets to give out at each home to disadvantaged groups; folk that cannot afford to go and to other groups ( we had several Ukranian families at our last home game).

The Club has also given some season tickets to every school in Paisley.

Giving the family stand to the OF was only an expriment which didn't go down well with home supporters. The season ticket holders in the FS were asked to move to other seats in other stands but many simply didn't go.

After fan pressure the experiment has ended with positive results in the returning families. Hopefully as time goes by these free tickets will encourage some of the beneficiaries to return on a regular basis. The aim is to fill those empty seats with Buddies.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I hope your club are able to keep the 1300 fans M8, that will save me looking at empty stands every second week.
Stop fecking blaming the fans that want to go and can't it's got feck all to do with us M8.

Since you are the ones greetin' about it is to do with you.  Wanting something doesn't entitle you to it.  Time to put down the shovel and dry those eyes m8.

11 hours ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

Just discovered :lol: did she use a calculator, nothing to do with the Queen .....  St.Mirren won the game 

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

And if you subtract one from the other you get the number of years Rangers have existed for. This CANNOT be a coincidence.

35 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And how many times have Celtic scored in the 96th minute? Another coincidence!

Lads, lads, lads. You’re missing a crucial piece of the jigsaw here - @bennett is fucking wired to the moon.

Any way, not one grumble from me about yesterday’s result. St Mirren comfortable throughout and worthy winners of the game. I really don’t get why Ange changed the team so much considering there’s an international break now *shrug*
 Still, he’s more than earned a fuckup. 

Played, Saints. Well deserved. 

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Still don't get it, do you? Still can't understand why these clubs have come to the conclusion that not having you there is better than having you there? That's a you problem I'm afraid.

Edited by GAD

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Livingston have no problem in giving Celtic 3 stands and also get results doing it.
For me locking fans out of grounds isn't the answer M8.

You'd be surprised mate, after Rangers' antics on the opening day there's been discussions had about it. We're no longer selling walk up tickets for the home end unless it's to season ticket holders* to stop away fans getting into the home end. *For Rangers/Celtic games

Opening day was total chaos and fans forced the club to take action. I reckon it won't be long before we're eating into the south stand allocation for those games. Rangers' fans were totally embarrassing that day, and Celtic will be tarred with the same brush regardless of who did it. Clubs are looking at both clubs as the same when it comes to allocation and behaviour. 

Edited by ATLIS

5 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Since you are the ones greetin' about it is to do with you.  Wanting something doesn't entitle you to it.  Time to put down the shovel and dry those eyes m8.

Celtic's away allocation is based on a loyalty scheme,you keep going you get a ticket,knowing a fan of clubs has it's advantages tae M8.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic's away allocation is based on a loyalty scheme.

No, it's really not.  It's based on how many tickets other clubs choose to give you.  What you choose to do with that allocation is up to you, but it's got nothing to do with us.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

It's up to the home team how many away fans they let in.

Some teams will choose the cash and others will choose to give their team a better chance and a better atmosphere for their fans.

Doesn't have to be one or the other, should've just left it at the highlighted bit.

Ideally the home teams have enough fans to afford to not give the erse cheeks, or anyone else for that matter, a superior number of fans entry to their stadium, St Mirren have done this and it helped them get a very good result. Our players don't seem to mind having the away team's fans outnumbering us though, they thrive off the atmosphere/noise/buzz inside the stadium, and play well, also helps raise our own support cheering them on. It's an individual choice though, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

12 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

No, it's really not.  It's based on how many tickets other clubs choose to give you.  What you choose to do with that allocation is up to you, but it's got nothing to do with us.

You're coming across as a bit of a diddy dafty M8 whether you give us 800 or 2000 it's still a loyalty scheme.
Semantics have got feck all to do with it.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You're coming across as a bit of a diddy dafty M8 whether you give us 800 or 2000 it's still a loyalty scheme.
Semantics have got feck all to do with it.

Rattled?  It's your loyalty scheme so why are you greetin' at the fans of other clubs? Semantics define meaning so they do have something to do with everything.  Though, in fairness, your view on them does explain your posts.

13 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Rattled?  It's your loyalty scheme so why are you greetin' at the fans of other clubs? Semantics define meaning so they do have something to do with everything.  Though, in fairness, your view on them does explain your posts.

My first post on the subject was fill your stands with your own fans, we wouldn't be having this debate if you did,it's not our problem it's your's M8.
So your semantics have decided to cut our allocation to help with the problem like many other clubs i'm saying good luck with that M8.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My first post on the subject was fill your stands with your own fans, we wouldn't be having this debate if you did,it's not our problem it's your's M8.
So your semantics have decided to cut our allocation to help with the problem like many other clubs i'm saying good luck with that M8.

I honestly can't make much sense of that word salad m8.  But let's keep it simple.  Our seats are our seats.  What we do with them is our business. not yours. Nobody wants to feel like an away fan in their own stadium.  If you can't get your head around an idea as simple as that then there isn't much hope for you.