St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I didn't question what your club does to get fans into the ground M8, you didn't read my posts.

Your post below was in response to @Doctor Sanchez who is a Saints fan so you're clearly not saying what you think you are M8.

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Disagree. I'd rather have an empty seat than an opposition fan, staunch unionist or plastic paddy it doesn't matter, sitting in it.

In our case, we moved the Family Stand season ticket holders to accommodate. Thats the lifeblood and future of our fanbase. Bringing them up thinking that the Glasgow clubs are somehow exceptional is madness.  It's our ground, you'll sit where we let you, and where every other visiting fan sits. 

The numbers in the crowd were roughly the same, the result was very different. Looking at the last 2 seasons, we've missed out on top 6 by a couple of points or goal difference. Those 3 points could be the difference, who knows?

Don't complain about the dosh your club doesn't have then M8.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Were you not the one arguing about how successful St Johnstone were during Covid, just a few posts up?

Demonstrably, the crowds at football can make a difference. Giving you one stand, restricting the amount of seats you have access to is a no-brainer. It doesn't affect the overall numbers in any meaningful way, it does allow the Season ticket holders and future of the club to sit in THEIR OWN SEATS and we comfortably took the 3 points. I'm not sure what your beef is? 

So you genuinely think that's why St Johnstone won 3 cups?
Like I said i've got no problem with clubs doing things to get their own fans in but don't blame the fans that want to be there and can't.   

29 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I mentioned in the St Mirren thread how restricting them to one stand totally changed the atmosphere in the ground.  Yes, they filled the North Stand but so do Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Killie.  You can't know if it had an impact on the players but that was the most comfortable win over an OF team I can remember seeing and I've been going to these games for decades now.  The crowd cheered the team on, and the players looked confident.  Obviously, it was just one game and we won but the whole vibe of the place yesterday felt really different.

I know it seems counter-intuitive but for us diddies it's the only way we can hope to compete and actually grow our own clubs.  You're absolutely spot on about how giving half or more of your own stadium to the OF just turns it into another home game for them.  They already have enough advantages we don't need to give them that as well.

I think it did have an impact on the game, maybe not throughout, but definitely at the end. I sit at the family stand end of the West Stand and when we were holding the ball down there it was brilliant as we were able to get right on top of the ref, linesman and the Celtic players and put pressure on them without having it drowned out by 1600 Celtic fans in the other stand. I also thought the west Stand as a whole were really unlucky not to get the Celtic No 9 sent off. We managed to give him a full heads gone last 10 minutes, but unluckily he was so shite he couldn't even kick anybody properly.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Livingston have no problem in giving Celtic 3 stands and also get results doing it.
For me locking fans out of grounds isn't the answer M8.

You're not getting this.  We don't actually care what you think 

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Livingston have no problem in giving Celtic 3 stands and also get results doing it.

Irrelevant to us though, it's clearly the case that giving two stands to supports whose attitudes & songbooks are outdated & offensive spoiled the matches from our perspective, resulted in a boycott and so didn't actually generate much, if any, extra revenue M8.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Had enough of this. Who did we lock out? You are the opposing team.  Your fans got the away stand. You were treated in the same way as every other team who comes to our stadium.  

Our house. Our rules. Like it, lump it but stop whining about it.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's up to the home team how many away fans they let in.

Some teams will choose the cash and others will choose to give their team a better chance and a better atmosphere for their fans.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Some teams will choose the cash and others will choose to give their team a better chance and a better atmosphere for their fans.

Except in our case the poisoned atmosphere meant the extra cash turned out to be non-existent.

Edited by btb

8 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Had enough of this. Who did we lock out? You are the opposing team.  Your fans got the away stand. You were treated in the same way as every other team who comes to our stadium.  

Our house. Our rules. Like it, lump it but stop whining about it.

Celtic's allocation has been cut at several grounds it was a general point M8 with a St Johnstone fan starting it, I disagree and got 2 pages out of it 

16 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

You're not getting this.  We don't actually care what you think 

Yip we don't care big club found.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I know you've seen the numbers so at this point you're just railing against St Mirren making the matchday experience as positive as possible for its own fans. 

I realise that it's tough to hear that we don't want your money, and we've acted to reduce your numbers, and that we as a club wholly believe it's been a positive step, but it's all true.

The fact we've just beaten you at home for the first time in 12 years... Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. But we can't hope to consistently match you on the park, so we seek small advantages where we can. Whether that's letting our fans keep their usual seats, or Curtis Main ripping the piss for several minutes near the corner flag, we'll take what we can get.

If you honestly still can't see why this has all been utterly perfect for St Mirren FC then you're either being disingenuous or you're just hard of comprehension.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic's allocation has been cut at several grounds it was a general point M8 with a St Johnstone fan starting it, I disagree and got 2 pages out of it 

When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression

1 minute ago, btb said:

Are we - as has been pointed out (by myself and others) the extra cash didn't materialize for us.

Yes we are.

" others will choose to give their team a better chance and a better atmosphere for their fans"

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yip we don't care big club found.

We've taken the brave (in some naysayers eyes, stupid) decision to roll back an allocation that, in reality should never have been afforded in the first place. 

It was a calculated risk and an exercise of backing yourself and the very first game after we make the call, we win.

1,300 more St. Mirren fans showed up than at our last home outing against Celtic. A lot of kids will have visited the ground for first time against either Celtic or Rangers yesterday and gone away with their parents absolutely buzzing.

There is absolutely no downside to this whatsoever. Less Celtic/Rangers getting in to comfortably accommodate St. Mirren fans who might not have shown up and who historically did not show up when 2 stands were given to Old Firm is an absolute no-brainer.

Selective editing, spot the difference! 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yes we are.

" others will choose to give their team a better chance and a better atmosphere for their fans"

23 minutes ago, bennett said: