St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is many fans no here think Celtic just need to turn up and win,St Mirren proved that's not the case yesterday M8.

Including quite a few Saints fans... but honestly I had a wee incline a perfect storm was brewing with the expected disrespect, team changes, and big Ange with bigger fish to fry not really realising were actually a hard wee team to get the better off when we get our tactics spot on. we are a football club with a very proud history and fans who like nothing better than getting one over our 2 Glasgow neighbours

And a wee special mention to around 80% of our towns population this is for you  

Up Yours GIF by Stick Up Music

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He really should be able to, considering he's spent about £40m on this squad.

Ange doesn't believe in a first 11,he wants 25 players playing at the same level,spending dosh on a squad is for 60 games a season, different from picking the correct 11 to win one game, it's his job to get that right.

15 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

More Scottish clubs need to grow a backbone and start reducing the OF’s allocation. It’s always infuriated me when we’ve given the OF 3 stands, it truly is the utter pits. The happy clapping gimps will say “we need the money!1!1!” but the sensible ones will realise that by doing so you create a totally vile atmosphere that basically becomes a home game for the OF side, who are usually cheered on to a comfortable victory by their thousands fans.

So yeah, well done St Mirren for doing that. Even better you kicked them out and managed to beat them as well. Can only be a good thing for the fanbase. That’s how you win over people and get them supporting your local team, not by turning your stadium into an OF party zone.

The simple answer is to fill your stands not rely on other teams fans to fill it for you,your contradiction is fecking laughable.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The simple answer is to fill your stands not rely on other teams fans to fill it for you,your contradiction is fecking laughable.

Disagree. I'd rather have an empty seat than an opposition fan, staunch unionist or plastic paddy it doesn't matter, sitting in it.

In our case, we moved the Family Stand season ticket holders to accommodate. Thats the lifeblood and future of our fanbase. Bringing them up thinking that the Glasgow clubs are somehow exceptional is madness.  It's our ground, you'll sit where we let you, and where every other visiting fan sits. 

The numbers in the crowd were roughly the same, the result was very different. Looking at the last 2 seasons, we've missed out on top 6 by a couple of points or goal difference. Those 3 points could be the difference, who knows?

Difficult to fill your own stands when we have to compete with two giant clubs that have far more money than the rest of us, so are therefore are able to play more attractive football, win everything, and as a result of that are able to easily entice the would be OF gloryhunting simps of society who shun their local teams. That and of course being brought up by their stupid OF parents to support them, despite living miles and miles away from Ibrox or Celtic Park and basically have no real connection to these places whatsoever.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Difficult to fill your own stands when we have to compete with two giant clubs that have far more money than the rest of us, so are therefore are able to play more attractive football, win everything, and as a result of that are able to easily entice the would be OF gloryhunting simps of society who shun their local teams. That and of course being brought up by their stupid OF parents to support them, despite living miles and miles away from Ibrox or Celtic Park and basically have no real connection to these places whatsoever.

Strange St Johnstone have won more trophies than sevco in the last decade so the gloryhunting bit is mince M8, blaming the glasgow clubs for you not having crowds is pure diddy mince.
Always the easy excuse to point the finger yet your first post was about emptying the stands of fans that want to go to the football. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Don't complain about the dosh your club doesn't have then M8.

Not once have I complained about dosh. 

PS Can you please refer to it as the Green/Blue Pound as that's easier to rip the pish out of. 

PPS I almost gave you a Charles for the use of 'Pure Diddie Mince' in a post above.  Well played, Sir.  

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strange St Johnstone have won more trophies than sevco in the last decade so the gloryhunting bit is mince M8, blaming the glasgow clubs for you not having crowds is pure diddy mince.

This is complete nonsense. Anyone that has a proclivity for glory-hunting would be choosing Rangers over St Johnstone. That’s not to dispute the fact they’ve won more trophies in that period, it’s just nonsense to suggest a glory-hunter would choose St Johnstone over Rangers using an isolated 10 year period, which is why such fanbases have an impossible task to catch up with Rangers or Celtic.

52 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

More Scottish clubs need to grow a backbone and start reducing the OF’s allocation. It’s always infuriated me when we’ve given the OF 3 stands, it truly is the utter pits. The happy clapping gimps will say “we need the money!1!1!” but the sensible ones will realise that by doing so you create a totally vile atmosphere that basically becomes a home game for the OF side, who are usually cheered on to a comfortable victory by their thousands fans.

So yeah, well done St Mirren for doing that. Even better you kicked them out and managed to beat them as well. Can only be a good thing for the fanbase. That’s how you win over people and get them supporting your local team, not by turning your stadium into an OF party zone.

I mentioned in the St Mirren thread how restricting them to one stand totally changed the atmosphere in the ground.  Yes, they filled the North Stand but so do Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Killie.  You can't know if it had an impact on the players but that was the most comfortable win over an OF team I can remember seeing and I've been going to these games for decades now.  The crowd cheered the team on, and the players looked confident.  Obviously, it was just one game and we won but the whole vibe of the place yesterday felt really different.

I know it seems counter-intuitive but for us diddies it's the only way we can hope to compete and actually grow our own clubs.  You're absolutely spot on about how giving half or more of your own stadium to the OF just turns it into another home game for them.  They already have enough advantages we don't need to give them that as well.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Not once have I complained about dosh. 

PS Can you please refer to it as the Green/Blue Pound as that's easier to rip the pish out of. 

PPS I almost gave you a Charles for the use of 'Pure Diddie Mince' in a post above.  Well played, Sir.  

I've been to hundreds of games that didn't include Celtic for me it has no difference.
Opposition fans or home fans it's the same dosh M8.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Don't complain about the dosh your club doesn't have then M8.

Have you read the thread?

265 less fans yesterday than the last time your lot played, that represents over 1300 Saints fans boycotting the Two Stands option, taking into account the money we lost by having to discount the price of STs in the Family Stand and assuming that we will have reduced policing/stewarding costs we'll not be losing much, if any, money.

If you're trying to come across as reasonable you're failing badly M8.

Edited by btb

3 minutes ago, btb said:

Have you not read the thread?

265 less fans yesterday than the last time your lot played, that represents over 1300 Saints fans boycotting the Two Stands option, taking into account the money we lost by having to discount the price of STs in the Family Stand and assuming that we will have reduced policing/stewarding costs we'll not be losing much, if any, money.

If you're trying to come across as reasonable you're failing badly 

Wee willy is never reasonable. 

16 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Did look like a small push on Welsh but he should be much much stronger

Welsh had a handful of Ayunga's shirt. There was nothing for Celtic to complain about, aside from their own shambolic defending.

Edited by Drooper

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Have you not read the thread?

If you're trying to come across as reasonable you're failing badly M8.

I didn't question what your club does to get fans into the ground M8, you didn't read my posts.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

We had a small sample of having no fans at games during COVID,if it truly made a difference to how a team played the results would've been obscure to say the least. 

Were you not the one arguing about how successful St Johnstone were during Covid, just a few posts up?

Demonstrably, the crowds at football can make a difference. Giving you one stand, restricting the amount of seats you have access to is a no-brainer. It doesn't affect the overall numbers in any meaningful way, it does allow the Season ticket holders and future of the club to sit in THEIR OWN SEATS and we comfortably took the 3 points. I'm not sure what your beef is? 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We had a small sample of having no fans at games during COVID,if it truly made a difference to how a team played the results would've been obscure to say the least. 

But they were.  Our 2-1 win was definitely helped by the fact that there was no crowd.  They were many reasons for Celtic being guff (by their standards) that season but not having tens of thousands of fans urging them on did seem to have an impact.