St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know a lot of the analysis in the Scottish media will focus on Celtic but I just wanted to say St Mirren deserve so much credit for todays performance. Tactics were brilliant and every player gave everything on the pitch.

Also brilliant decision by the board to only give Celtic 1 stand.

The of ‘so fucking easy’ from the Saintees at the end was also amazing.

Big well done to St Mirren all round.

You were doing so well till "Sainteeees "

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene.

Some defending by Celtic. Two pretty much unmarked headers at the back post for both goals.

The 2nd especially, to lose a goal from what was essentially a long throw into the box was really poor. Did look like a small push on Welsh but he should be much much stronger than that so it’s really poor from him also goes to show just how important CCV is to us.

The disappointing thing from our point of view is we didn’t really threaten even when we changed things up and I can’t really remember a really good chance that we had so have to credit St Mirren for that. 

Edited by Jinky67

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Did look like a small push on Welsh but he should be much much stronger than that so it’s really poor from him also goes to show just how important CCV is to us.

The only more embarrassing than Welsh throwing himself to the ground was your number 9 shouting at a wee ball boy.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Welsh threw himself to the ground for the 2nd. He's got to be stronger in that situation but instead tried to buy a free kick. 

Overall that was unexpected and pleasing. Seeing some of Celtic lineup I felt we might be able to get something from the game especially after 30 mins when they had done hee haw. To win it well was superb, tactically we were spot on. Robinson was under pressure but has done a good job. 

It was also much nicer to leave without being surrounded by OF fans in both stands. It is bad enough in Paisley normally with the gloryhunters who like to tell you they only support the OF cause their grandad's dad's dog or something supported them. 

That's me just home from the pub and aye, I'm pished.

See your Roll of Honour, your Boys of the Old Brigade, your Merry Poughboy, your Aiden McAnespie and all the other faux Irish pish that you opine...get it right fucking up ye.

BOOM, BOOM...BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

Edited by Arch Stanton

Lads were excellent today and Robinson’s team selection and tactics were spot on. Saints fans were just as good. Least said about their fans, the better. Glad there were only half as many as usual. The best team won, surprisingly easily in the end. Celtic fans can make as many excuses as they like but some of their star men struggled to have an impact today. I think Ange needs a plan B, as other teams will be looking to replicate this performance. If only we had beaten SJ and the Well…

Ange thoroughly outcoached by Robbo today. Don't think he'd done any homework at all and his team seemed to fall into every trap St Mirren set. O'Hara was right, it was so comfortable. Can't remember ever beating an OF team as easily as that. Even the 4-0 v Mowbray's team wasn't nearly as easy as that was today.