St. Mirren v Sellick, Sunday 18th September

Highlight for me was the Rangers fan on Twitter saying we were bending over to Celtic because our manager has a Parkhead season ticket.

Feels like we've been getting embroiled in this Old Firm fuckwittery on such a frequent basis over the past couple of seasons. It's so tedious.

4 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

download (4).jpg

Sure that was for a specific reason for 24 hours or so.  Don't see what the difference is to Partick letting Rangers youth use their ground or other clubs giving half their ground and taking the Old Firm boaby. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Sure that was for a specific reason for 24 hours or so.  Don't see what the difference is to Partick letting Rangers youth use their ground or other clubs giving half their pound and taking the Old Firm boaby. 

Celtic had rented the stadium to play a couple of friendlies while Parkhead was getting used for the Commonwealth games. As much as rival fans like to use that picture as evidence of St Mirren having some sort of affinity to Celtic, the signage was taken down a couple of hours after it was put up.
Celtic did have full control of the stadium for those games, and as you say it’s no different from what has went on at other stadiums, but the St Mirren board hadn't agreed to the changing of any signage and it was taken down a couple of hours after it went up. 

Highlight for me was the Rangers fan on Twitter saying we were bending over to Celtic because our manager has a Parkhead season ticket.
Feels like we've been getting embroiled in this Old Firm fuckwittery on such a frequent basis over the past couple of seasons. It's so tedious.
Lets just get relegated and ta daaaah, simples [emoji6]

17 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Hasn’t got a season ticket imo.

Indeed.

I gave up my season ticket after Sevco were admitted to the league.

Without Sevco, Ceptic would have withered and died. It was the perfect opportunity to finish off the Old Firm for good. To finish off sectarianism in Scotland.

I have rarely been to a game since then and certainly not one involving the OF. When you realise that competition in Scottish football is akin to that in wrestling then you lose that excitement. If you know it’s a fix then what is the point.

And every time I go back to a game, I sit and ask myself, why did I bother?

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed.

I gave up my season ticket after Sevco were admitted to the league.

Without Sevco, Ceptic would have withered and died. It was the perfect opportunity to finish off the Old Firm for good. To finish off sectarianism in Scotland.

I have rarely been to a game since then and certainly not one involving the OF. When you realise that competition in Scottish football is akin to that in wrestling then you lose that excitement. If you know it’s a fix then what is the point.

And every time I go back to a game, I sit and ask myself, why did I bother?

That's taking Sevco/ing to a grandmaster level that even Squonk can't compete with.

20 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

All Saints fans should be boycotting this game

if non OF fans started boycotting games against the OF then it would hopefully force the non OF clubs to resign and start a new league without them 

Yes I’m sure it would force their hand because some bent out of shape diddies decide to (continue) sitting on the couch. 

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Everyone knows exactly why St Mirren are asking for applause rather than silence. Just wish they had made a public statement about why they have come to this decision. 

Hardly alone in a minutes applause, let’s not get all mopey about it and just get on with the football.

Those who want to mourn and pay respects have ample opportunity to during the national silence tomorrow and on Monday.