Football and the various royal events

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why do they need to move anything? 

I thought it was all as a mark of respect because she'd died? 

No one has died this time. It would suggest that wasn't the reason at all and simply a way of prioritising the Royal events over everything else. Regardless of what the people want. 

Anyone having a problem with this is simply being deliberately awkward. 

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is where you're going to find a lot of people will have a problem with it and I think quite the opposite. I think those who think its totally normal to just go along with rearrange everything because someone is getting a priceless gold and jewel encrusted crown placed on their head need their head examined. It's honestly batshit crazy. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This is where you're going to find a lot of people will have a problem with it and I think quite the opposite. I think those who think its totally normal to just go along with rearrange everything because someone is getting a priceless gold and jewel encrusted crown placed on their head need their head examined. It's honestly batshit crazy. 

Regardless of the reason, we know 7 months in advance that 6th May is not going to be a match day. All matches easily scheduled between the Friday and Sunday. No problem. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sorry, why? 

Because, not that I agree with it but I'm certainly not going to get my knickers in a twist about it, as I've already said, we have been given 7 months warning that 6th May is not a match day. Easily dealt with.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Because, not that I agree with it but I'm certainly not going to get my knickers in a twist about it, as I've already said, we have been given 7 months warning that 6th May is not a match day. Easily dealt with.

Well you not getting upset is fine but you said anyone who does is being deliberately awkward.

Youre right to say 7 months is sufficient notice but peoples problem with it probably goes beyond convenience. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well you not getting upset is fine but you said anyone who does is being deliberately awkward.

Youre right to say 7 months is sufficient notice but peoples problem with it probably goes beyond convenience. 

I knew my opinion would be well out of step with the vast majority of P&B posters, but there we are.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As long as they don’t cancel the fixture card outright that’s fine 

Still bizarre but not something to fret over 

If they cancel the football because the authorities think we should be watching a 73 year old man get some silly jewels placed on his head instead then yes, I’ve got a problem with it 

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

As long as they don’t cancel the fixture card outright that’s fine 

Still bizarre but not something to fret over 

If they cancel the football because the authorities think we should be watching a 73 year old man get some silly jewels placed on his head instead then yes, I’ve got a problem with it 

I'm surmising that the weekend's football won't be cancelled, only the Saturday not being used as a match day. If the reality is different then I reserve my right to change my stance.

Ridiculous. He's already been proclaimed as king and will have been doing the job for 8 months. No need to disrupt the country again so that the London economy can get another boost. They'll probably be rounding up any one found wandering the streets when it's on and the TV detector vans searching out homes not tuned into the royal jolly. If you want to watch it, watch it. If you want to go the football, go to it. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm surmising that the weekend's football won't be cancelled, only the Saturday not being used as a match day. If the reality is different then I reserve my right to change my stance.

The only issue with using Sunday is that the Champions League semi-finals are the following midweek which could be a problem for the Old Firm. 

Spoiler

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif