Football and the various royal events

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just out of interest how did any minute’s silence go at other grounds.

I was at East End and quite a few in the North West near myself were booing during it. 

You must have been near me! I wasn't booing mind.

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Was far too interested in my chilli shredded chicken, with honey and pepper sauce pie to figure out why everyone was clapping. Mind you I did manage to muster a few boos in between the bites though.

Well done to the Killie fans that did boo, something that was audible enough, and I'm sure there was Livi fans like myself that did similar.

Is that a real pie you've described?! If so, where is it sold?

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that a real pie you've described?! If so, where is it sold?

Livi seem to be running with a system of a specialty pie. We just rotate out pies that are class. Think we had a steak and chorizo one at one point as well. They always just seem to be absolutely amazing pies though, whatever the random concoction of the week may be. 

So, at the lovely, Tony Macaroni Arena.

Edited by ATLIS

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Livi seem to be running with a system of a specialty pie. We just rotate out pies that are class. Think we had a steak and chorizo one at one point as well. They always just seem to be absolutely amazing pies though, whatever the random concoction of the week may be. 

So, at the lovely, Tony Macaroni Arena.

Can you get relegated please? If so we might visit your ground next season. If not, can you please also then get relegated again?

Edited by DA Baracus

11 hours ago, btb said:

Yeah but they shouldn't be forced to do either, I'm not going tomorrow coz we're playing the green half of the cheeks, I wouldn't have broken the minutes silence but I wouldn't have stood up for either or joined in the minutes applause . 

Yeah, but that is exactly the point I was making. Whether you stand, sit, applaud or do nothing at all, you can do it and be respectful of those that do.

Personally, I think the institution is rotten and either needs reformed or gone, but I respect my fellow fans feeling if they want to do a minutes applause or whatever. Protest before and after if needs be. 

Oh well today is the day.  

It will be a sad day and of course the end of an era (the North Korean copycat era)

I was my usual showing empathy at the start but f**k sake its been draining.

Rangers fans, if you are still kicking about pretending your are still in mourning - good news - a song tomorrow for the staunch ones - thought he would be banned after Diana, but no.

Maybe a point already made, but can I just say how very much I am enjoying Celtic fans sharing videos of the 2005 Pope BOOOOO at Hampden and

1) Claiming this was not widely reported in the media at the time 😀

2) Using it as an example of free-speech and saying 'I've got no problem with Hearts fans booing', as if this was the stated opinion of ANY Celtic fans at the time whatsoever.

Fucking marvelous stuff.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think Hate is a strong word to use but I like the fact Celtic fans were not force to do anything they didn't want to do. 

They did a great job of embarrassing themselves. 

I started the week thinking any disruption would be arsehole behaviour, but over the last ten days any poignancy has been lost in crass weirdness where the queen has become some kind of deity and the monarchy beyond criticism.

A bit of kick back against that is welcome. The fact it’s really rattling medias biggest c***s makes me quite comfortable about how I feel today.