Football and the various royal events

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I won’t ‘cause a scene’ but I sure as f**k won’t be applauding at Easter road today. f**k that. 

Stuff like this is unavoidably political and it’s actually being foisted upon football fans so I defend anyones right to protest. If you are sat watching any sort of news commentary right now and thinking this isn’t political then you probably zip up at the back. 

There’s ways and means and people will cross a line but if you are forcing a very public showing of support for something on the public at the football then they have the right to reject it. 

Yeah I’m just going to sit down and not applaud. I’m sure there will be plenty of booing from both sets of fans though. 

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why are these c***s so surprised people don’t like the monarchy?

The best bit of the GB banners the other night is that it seems to have really annoyed James Whale and Jeremy Kyle. 
Pair of talentless c***s.

I'm not a royalist and won't be grieving but there are plenty of people who seem to get a minute's silence or applause and I'll either join in or stay quietly in my seat out of respect for my fellow supporters who do wish to pay tribute. It's common decency. I just can't get my head round booing or singing through a tribute, no matter who it's for.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm not a royalist and won't be grieving but there are plenty of people who seem to get a minute's silence or applause and I'll either join in or stay quietly in my seat out of respect for my fellow supporters who do wish to pay tribute. It's common decency. I just can't get my head round booing or singing through a tribute, no matter who it's for.

If you want to pay your respect or pay tribute you can join the queue in London or observe the national silence tomorrow evening 

“No matter who it’s for”

Yeah plenty of people don’t deserve the respect of your silence

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's fair.

As much as I don't have an issue with what our fans were singing, I don't necessarily agree with the timing.

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's fair.

As much as I don't have an issue with what our fans were singing, I don't necessarily agree with the timing.

It's not fair because it's not about respect to the Royals it's about a noisy section of Rangers support, many not even from Scotland, making an overtly political statement. 

f**k them. 

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just out of interest how did any minute’s silence go at other grounds.

I was at East End and quite a few in the North West near myself were booing during it. 

Minutes applause at Mcdiarmid. Visible number around me chose to sit down and not join in and a larger number came in the ground after it finished. 

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just out of interest how did any minute’s silence go at other grounds.

I was at East End and quite a few in the North West near myself were booing during it. 

I can't say, I was in the bog when Dunbar had theirs

Amazing how you can train your bladder, isn't it...

Was far too interested in my chilli shredded chicken, with honey and pepper sauce pie to figure out why everyone was clapping. Mind you I did manage to muster a few boos in between the bites though.

Well done to the Killie fans that did boo, something that was audible enough, and I'm sure there was Livi fans like myself that did similar.

Edited by ATLIS

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Was far too interested in my chilli shredded chicken, with honey and pepper sauce pie to figure out why everyone was clapping. Mind you I did manage to muster a few boos in between the bites though.

Well done to the Killie fans that did boo, and I'm sure there was Livi fans like myself that did similar.

Aye, Livi went the shitebag route to try and drown out any boos. There were a few I could hear but I was too busy sticking silly bets on to notice