Football and the various royal events

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are they honestly apologising over "f**k the crown"?

They say f**k all about all the songs sang every week at Both Rangers and Celtic games. The media often try and tell you they didn't hear a thing. Don't say anything bad about the Royal Family though 🙄

Suspect they'll have very little option given the language pre-watershed.

You just know the 'half-wits' were all sitting around in someones living room while their mum made tea wondering what to put on a little banner - FTK, FTQ etc etc. Can you imagine the scenes of back slapping when one of then came up with the Fagan jem..........walking home proud of the clever idea they came up with and messaging all their little pals in the WhatsApp group. Bet all the way to Poland some were so bursting with excitement they literally creamed themselves.

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

You just know the 'half-wits' were all sitting around in someones living room while their mum made tea wondering what to put on a little banner - FTK, FTQ etc etc. Can you imagine the scenes of back slapping when one of then came up with the Fagan jem..........walking home proud of the clever idea they came up with and messaging all their little pals in the WhatsApp group. Bet all the way to Poland some were so bursting with excitement they literally creamed themselves.

The Earl of Inverness will be verklempt at the news of this new Irish/Kashmir alliance.

592921728_2022-09-1517_21_20-JEM-DefinitionMeaningSynonyms_Vocabulary.com-Opera.jpg.787bbbb79441e083c49cb576aeafe45e.jpg

I like seeing how much the Green Brigade annoy the Celtic ownership. Not with throwing a flare at the face of a child and hospitalising him but with their banners. Many more people globally were happy with the death of the Queen than sad. Yet most of those people are in India, Nigeria and the like so our media here hasn't covered their views. Green Brigade are clearly aware of all those people, though, and their banners display that. (Just a quick example as to why formerly colonised people don't like the monarchy; Louis Mountbatten, Prince Philip's uncle, partitioned India due to British self-interest which caused immense strife to tens of millions of Indians. That type of direct involvement by the monarchy over a period of centuries). The Celtic ownership only care about Brand Celtic, share price and the like, and its not Nigerians and Indians who contribute to that share price. Then we have the black armbands worn in Warsaw which Postecoglou was instructed to mention today by his higher-ups. The black armbands weren't for the war dead in Donbass, home of match opponents Shakhtar, but for the dead Queen in UK. That's because the main TV market for the game was in UK, and not hurting the feelings of those punters was what mattered to the Celtic board. Extending solidarity to the families of the dead sons in Donbass (and wider Ukraine) offered no economic reward. 

51 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I like seeing how much the Green Brigade annoy the Celtic ownership. Not with throwing a flare at the face of a child and hospitalising him but with their banners. Many more people globally were happy with the death of the Queen than sad. Yet most of those people are in India, Nigeria and the like so our media here hasn't covered their views. Green Brigade are clearly aware of all those people, though, and their banners display that. (Just a quick example as to why formerly colonised people don't like the monarchy; Louis Mountbatten, Prince Philip's uncle, partitioned India due to British self-interest which caused immense strife to tens of millions of Indians. That type of direct involvement by the monarchy over a period of centuries). The Celtic ownership only care about Brand Celtic, share price and the like, and its not Nigerians and Indians who contribute to that share price. Then we have the black armbands worn in Warsaw which Postecoglou was instructed to mention today by his higher-ups. The black armbands weren't for the war dead in Donbass, home of match opponents Shakhtar, but for the dead Queen in UK. That's because the main TV market for the game was in UK, and not hurting the feelings of those punters was what mattered to the Celtic board. Extending solidarity to the families of the dead sons in Donbass (and wider Ukraine) offered no economic reward. 

What pisses me off is this “nation in mourning” nonsense when their are millions and millions of us who don’t give a shit or are not unhappy to see the back of yet another entitled parasite.

54 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Mounbatten wasn't royalty, he was aristocracy. 

I'm sure the green brigade were acutely aware of Nigerians and Indians when they made their stupid wee banners and weren't just trying to get it right up their pals on the other side of the tit for tat shit flinging contest. Nuh-uh, it was all about representing the oppressed in the third world. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Mounbatten wasn't royalty, he was aristocracy. 

I'm sure the green brigade were acutely aware of Nigerians and Indians when they made their stupid wee banners and weren't just trying to get it right up their pals on the other side of the tit for tat shit flinging contest. Nuh-uh, it was all about representing the oppressed in the third world. 

The Green Brigade are presumably Scots of Irish heritage and therefore well aware of the centuries of brutal British imperialism inflicted upon Irish people. That shared historical experience with Nigerians and Indians probably gives the Irish a clarity of vision which many Brits lack on this topic.

I made clear Mountbatten's connection to the monarchy but regardless, the victims of British imperialism understandably don't have time for minor nitpicks. As far as they're concerned, every act done to them was done in the name of the British crown. 

Edit: Adding to post as I didn't address your tit-for-tat point very well. I don't even have any Celtic fans among close friends or family let alone Green Brigaders so I'm solely going on what I see from them in media. Therefore, obviously I could be entirely wrong. But why I think its a sincere conviction from them rather than just doing stuff to annoy Rangers is that they seem consistent with their anti-imperialism messaging. Their Palestine flags have hee-haw to do with Rangers, for example. Maybe Green Brigaders feel a connection to Palestinians folk due to their own family history, as I mention above, or maybe its just the adoption of a standard left wing anti-imperialist stance from them. Either way, I don't think the motive is at all linked to Rangers and I think that goes for most (not all) of the other causes I've seen them express support for.

Edited by FreedomFarter