Dundee vs. Inverness CT

We've opted for a minute silence. I firmly expect it to be ruined.

Personally I hope not. No need for any embarrassing unionist nonsense as witnessed in Glasgow this week but a minute silence seems a reasonable mark of respect. Maybe I’m old and out of touch.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Maybe I’m old and out of touch.

Not at all. I'm no loyalist/monarchist however I can easily stand in silence for a minute to show respect to an old lady who carried out her duties faithfully throughout her life. If I couldn't I'd simply wait downstairs in the concourse before taking my seat. 

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've opted for a minute silence. I firmly expect it to be ruined.

A minutes silence is not the time to express any disapproval you have against any person or role they held.  Sadly there appears to be plenty of people these days that think their opinion is the only opinion that matters and that they need to express it regardless of the occasion.

I certainly won't ruin it (for anyone thinking from my post that I would be) but I don't think a minute silence is apt for such a controversial figure that people that hugely strong opinions about, positively and negatively.

I feel a minute's silence forces people to take part and thus it's likely drunken arseholes could feel inclined to voice their opposition.

A minute's applause made much more sense to me because there is no obligation to take part for those that oppose everything the Queen stood for but equally it means if they don't take part, they're not ruining the moment either. 

In many other grounds the advice for not taking part in the silence would be to wait outside the ground, but we read that it's an absolute b*****d to get into Dens close to kick off at the best of times!

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I certainly won't ruin it (for anyone thinking from my post that I would be) but I don't think a minute silence is apt for such a controversial figure that people that hugely strong opinions about, positively and negatively.

I feel a minute's silence forces people to take part and thus it's likely drunken arseholes could feel inclined to voice their opposition.

A minute's applause made much more sense to me because there is no obligation to take part for those that oppose everything the Queen stood for but equally it means if they don't take part, they're not ruining the moment either. 

In many other grounds the advice for not taking part in the silence would be to wait outside the ground, but we read that it's an absolute b*****d to get into Dens close to kick off at the best of times!

What a lot of pish. 

If people feel the need to interrupt a minutes silence at a football match because they disagree with it then we're no better than the likes of the bigot brothers.  Celtic have reasons they boo memorial day and people are quick to call them vile yet the same people are suiting their own agenda this week. 

There may be players or staff members who want this minutes silence to pay a small token of respect - particularly those from down South. I couldn't give shiny shite about the Royal Family but i'll stand with my mouth shut for 60 seconds without acting like a knuckledragger because i'm not a fucking moron. 

There's ways and means to make your points on the way this country should be ran and it's not at 3pm at Dens Park against a bunch of Highland morons.  Shut your pus, let those who want to pay respects to the Queen do so and pump these fucking backwards Highland b*****ds.  

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should be a minutes applause, then you can take part or not, problem solved.

Same 11 for this one, defence finally sorted, no tinkering Gal.

Thank you.

Agree on all accounts.

No need to change it. Hope Rudden makes the bench so we have an option to change it if necessary though.

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Jesus, you forget how tedious Sandy is and it’s quite alarming that he thinks he’s funny/clever.

Anyway I think we are going to destroy our opponents tomorrow and the greedy, jug eared dwarf will get punted as a result.

Dundee 5 ICT 0

Not consider letting us win by that margin that way propelling the 'jug eared dwarf' straight into the Tannadice hot seat. That's a winner for both parties in different ways

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

There's ways and means to make your points on the way this country should be ran and it's not at 3pm at Dens Park against a bunch of Highland morons. 

There are ways and means to pay your respects to a dead monarch and it's not at 3pm at Dens Park against a bunch of Highland morons. 

Actually, this is the perfect time to make your thoughts heard on the monarchy. I honestly can't think of a better time. Beats standing there and joining in like a gimp because you don't have an opinion.

3 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

an old lady who carried out her duties faithfully throughout her life.

:lol: 

f**k me.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If any Dundee fans interupt the minutes silence the game should be forfeited to us.

In fact, the very discussion on it here should cause the forfeiture of the three points.  This is verging on treason.

The way things are going anyone not in that fucking queue in London will be done for treason.