Dundee vs. Inverness CT

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It will be interesting to see what the reaction is towards Dundee fans booing from their fellow fans. I suspect they will be MASSIVELY in the minority.

What do you mean?

I mean, I'm against the silence but won't disrupt it. Personally, think it'd be an arsehole move to boo, but certainly wouldn't hold it against anyone that does tomorrow either. I'd blame the club if that comes to pass because plenty of other clubs have opted for the applause.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What do you mean?

I mean, I'm against the silence but won't disrupt it. Personally, think it'd be an arsehole move to boo, but certainly wouldn't hold it against anyone that does tomorrow either. I'd blame the club if that comes to pass because plenty of other clubs have opted for the applause.

We're not dealing with a random right half from nineteen canteen. The enforced silence is a buy-in for a highly devisive political figure and those that are asserting that it's not ok to speak up in such a scenario, then you are displaying political colours as was so beautiful to some in the Broomloan Road on Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

We're not dealing with a random right half from nineteen canteen. The enforced silence is a buy-in for a highly devisive political figure and those that are asserting that it's not ok to speak up in such a scenario, then you are displaying political colours as was so beautiful to some in the Broomloan Road on Wednesday.

There are marks of respect for numerous causes before kick offs. Not "just some random right half".

It's not that difficult to just stand quietly. Or sit on your phone. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There are marks of respect for numerous causes before kick offs. Not "just some random right half".

It's not that difficult to just stand quietly. Or sit on your phone. 

That's not a coherent response to my point though is it.

In fact, it rather suggests that it puts you firmly in the camp I was referring to.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

That's not a coherent response to my point though is it.

In fact, it rather suggests that it puts you firmly in the camp I was referring to.

It's absolutely fine to "speak up" in any scenario you seem fit. If that time is during a minute's silence for you then, have at it. 

For myself personally, it's abhorrent to do that - regardless of the person. I've stood and observed minutes silences for folk I've never known and for folk who effectively ruined family members lives through their bullying.

Again, it's not that difficult to show some respect to the people who do want to mourn by just being quiet or playing on your phone.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What do you mean?

I'm not sure the club should be held responsible for the behaviour of a few fans who won't/can't stay silent for a minute.  If folk are so against the monarchy and feel it is appropriate to "protest" by disrupting the minute's silence then it's on them and they should be willing to accept whatever criticism comes their way.  In fact, welcome it.

As I said elsewhere, this is a lose-lose situation.  

If they’re bringing political pish into Dens people have every right to object. The queen is a divisive figure, which our tone deaf board again fail to realise. Same as there military simping with the third kit. This isnt America “thank you for your service” cuntos.

14 hours ago, RawB93 said:

There are ways and means to pay your respects to a dead monarch and it's not at 3pm at Dens Park against a bunch of Highland morons. 

Actually, this is the perfect time to make your thoughts heard on the monarchy. I honestly can't think of a better time. Beats standing there and joining in like a gimp because you don't have an opinion.

:lol: 

f**k me.

Looking forward to hearing your wetwipe protest. 

Thank you. 

I'm not for it, I want the monarchy abolished, however I do understand that many Dees probably did respect the Queen and may have served in the Armed forces. Not my thing but to others it will be.

I will just sit down and roll my eyes until this has passed, get it out the road and move on. I'm not participating but I won't be disrupting it for others either.

Edited by johnnydun

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not for it, I want the monarchy abolished, however I do understand that many Dees probably did respect the Queen and may have served in the Armed forces. Not my thing but to others it will be.

I will just sit down and roll my eyes until this has passed, get it out the road and move on. I'm not participating but I won't be disrupting it for others either.

You're falling for their schtick.

The word you are looking for is worked.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

If they’re bringing political pish into Dens people have every right to object. The queen is a divisive figure, which our tone deaf board again fail to realise. Same as there military simping with the third kit. This isnt America “thank you for your service” cuntos.

Exactly this.

I look around the world at other heads of state and find it hard to find a less divisive example.
When the time comes would or should we have a minutes silence for Nicola? She’s the epitome of a divisive HOS, albeit she leads the executive.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I look around the world at other heads of state and find it hard to find a less divisive example.
When the time comes would or should we have a minutes silence for Nicola? She’s the epitome of a divisive HOS, albeit she leads the executive.

No. No politician should get a minute silence for reasons such as that.

Doesn't mean people shouldn't show any respect, just not forced to at completely irrelevant events.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d keep anything political out of football. If the club are choking to do something then a minutes applause is probably the only way to stop it being a total car crash.

it’s probably fate that I’m going to miss the game today.