Patrick Thistle πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘ Vs Cove Rangers πŸ”΅βšͺ️

Here's hoping the match gets the go ahead on Saturday. Nothing to indicate it shouldn't.

Disappointing not to take a shot at Ayr but looking forward to seeing Cove in the flesh for the first time in a long time.Β 

Games have been tight in general but Cove have had a poor start to their season.Β 

Hoping to keep our noses up towards the top of the league.Β 

I'll go for a 2 - 0 Thistle win.

Edited by jagfox

English games are back on as of today and the coffin won't be in Scotland from Wednesday onwards so unless there are other unknown to me policing issues I can't see a good reason for this being off.Β 

As for the game we're due a win against Cove, who have looked pretty poor after a win on day 1, and hopefully the extra break will have allowed Tiffoney to get back to fitness.Β 

Edited by Fuctifano

This is the kind of match which will show how far we've developed from last season. We've already seen against a limited Hamilton side that we didn't do enough to win which was very reminiscent of last season. This is another game like that. Cove have had a poor start to the season so this is the kind of game we need to take 3 points from, performance is almost secondary, just win.

Harry Milne to get his first goal for Thistle this weekend is a strong possibility in my opinion. Was hoping he'd wait until next month so I could see him in person bang one in against the Dons.

Cove come into this one with a slight upturn in form after a narrow loss away to Queen's Park and a draw against Accies. Both games we didn't show our abilities of last season.

We've added a bit more depth to the squad since our last game in Kyle McClelland and Max Johnston, however, we're still lacking up top. New signings could allow us to shape up 5-3-2 and at least have Leighton alongside Mitch who's been isolated and asked too much of.

Any performance from Thistle close to when they blew Caley away and it'll be 3 points for the home side.Β 

A draw here for Cove would be progression under the faltering McIntyre who's days could be numbered. Arbroath at Balmoral next in the league

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

Happy to be allowed to watch football again, it felt like we were headed for a lockdown of mourning for two weeks. A mourndown?Β 

Feeling a little confident, so that's Cove getting a smash & grab and weekend ruined.Β 

I like it and I'm going to use it.Β πŸ™‚

Cove start as per below. Very surprised Jamie Masson gets a start. All credit to him for a wonder strike a couple of weeks ago but he's nowhere near good enough for the Championship. Doesn't have the work-rate, physicality or creativity imo.

Leighton can feel harshly done by not to start after scoring in his last 2. He should have started ahead of Masson for me.

Blair back in the match day squad after 2 months out. Won't play today according to what was said in the paper. Huge player for us.

Evan back in the side after a month out is a boost.

4-1-4-1 doesn't work. Hard to see us getting much from the game but we will hopefully be competitive.

Β 

Screenshot_20220917-142417.jpg

6 minutes ago, Barney Exactly said:

I’m missing something at Firhill today…….can anyone help?

1/ Why the booing during the minutes applause pre kick off?

2/ Why are Thistle fans singing f**k the Queen?

Β 

I really didn’t think Firhill was a place for this kind of nonsense

How long have you been going to Jags games? We had a song for years where the lyrics were "FTP and FTQ" that only got shelved recently as it was deemed sectarian (which it isn't).

I don't imagine we'll be alone in booing a one minute's applause. The football isn't the place for "honouring" political figures anyway. I'm glad the fans made some noise about this.

Β 

43 minutes ago, Barney Exactly said:

I’m missing something at Firhill today…….can anyone help?

1/ Why the booing during the minutes applause pre kick off?

2/ Why are Thistle fans singing f**k the Queen?

Β 

I really didn’t think Firhill was a place for this kind of nonsense

β€œMy Team: Partick Thistle”

Aye, ok.