Which WOSFL Club Next In Line to Receive Their SFA License

SFA licensing will be pausing accepting membership applications until Autumn this year, due to membership process review, whatever that entails. That's straight from the SFA licensing board. 

As my club had made an initial application 

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

SFA licensing will be pausing accepting membership applications until Autumn this year, due to membership process review, whatever that entails. That's straight from the SFA licensing board. 

As my club had made an initial application 

That's not surprising as they have to audit the existing members to renew their licences for next season, an increasingly large task with no more staff to do it.  Initial applications submitted now won't be licenced in time for next season anyway.

59 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Closing ranks not wanting anymore teams in from lower leagues even if you are genuine and progress the correct way but will set up a new conference league for B teams. You don’t need to be clever to read the script. 

They aren't closing it, just pausing. I would be disappointed if the above was the case. It could be just as easily be a positive outcome.

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

They aren't closing it, just pausing. I would be disappointed if the above was the case. It could be just as easily be a positive outcome.

Last time people would have been aware of this happening was back in 2018. Which would lead to floodlights being introduced. That's probably going to give people the fear more than anything. Not that the process will open up again, but what tweaks to the requirements may be forthcoming.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Last time people would have been aware of this happening was back in 2018. Which would lead to floodlights being introduced. That's probably going to give people the fear more than anything. Not that the process will open up again, but what tweaks to the requirements may be forthcoming.

I reckon they will add something to do with having a certain amount of seats inputed for spectators at each ground. Having a cover isn’t too bad cause there is ways and means. Having a seated stand however could make it that bit harder for teams to go for a license.

I can’t see what else it would be that they may tweak? Club house requirements? 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The 2023 requirements haven't really changed for the ground section, and they won't change again until the turn of the year.  Personally, I'm expecting seating to become a requirement at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Sadly not Beith:

May be an image of text that says "1938 BEITH JUNIORSF. www. beithjuniors com light STATEMENT recent speculation short, this present Social Media various online Football Forums, being the that was prudent that fully clarified our osition we no Division. and this reasons which we were wi oo Licence orocess. information that that pending block nvolving taking were ope have stated cannot apply or sooner rather we Club everything past years know funds due what resolve lo able to. have been equired meet years Rooms Disabled Toilet hope above darifies opportunity to Juniors Committee Beith Trust been going around. been, continue Heating& McTaggart National Autistic Society"

That’s unfortunate however it does look like they have their ducks lined up as soon as they can figure out how the hell to sort the ground situation.  Which is guess the first point of call is how the council came into running/leasing the ground when it was owned by the trust.

I’m not quite sure if they accept they are currently those in charge of the ground the council can’t allow planning permission tho.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Sadly not Beith:

May be an image of text that says "1938 BEITH JUNIORSF. www. beithjuniors com light STATEMENT recent speculation short, this present Social Media various online Football Forums, being the that was prudent that fully clarified our osition we no Division. and this reasons which we were wi oo Licence orocess. information that that pending block nvolving taking were ope have stated cannot apply or sooner rather we Club everything past years know funds due what resolve lo able to. have been equired meet years Rooms Disabled Toilet hope above darifies opportunity to Juniors Committee Beith Trust been going around. been, continue Heating& McTaggart National Autistic Society"

Excellent statement from Beith. Good on them for not hiding from the question on everyone's minds 're them becoming champions.

They look as if they have been actively moving toward licencing, but have met obstacles which hopefully can be overcome.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully we will learn from today which clubs have gained a licence this time around.

Glenafton seems to be a nailed on certainty.

Others, at a guess maybe Troon, Carluke, Renfrew?

Creetown down South?

Bo'ness Athletic in the east?

Won't be long now.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Driver said:

Do they not already ground share with Bo'ness United who already have a licence?

This has been done to death but the ground is only part of the licence, there is also a great deal of admin work and volunteers needed to get a licence as shown by Clydebank being licenced and Yoker not being 

Confirmation of Glenafton's licence award.

· 

CLUB STATEMENT
Following the SFA Annual General Meeting that was held at Hampden Park earlier today, we can confirm that Glenafton Athletic have now been granted membership of the SFA.
A representative of the club Steven Kerr (Development Officer) was presented a certificate onstage at the AGM in recognition of the club being granted membership of the SFA, having met entry level licensing requirements.
Achieving our club license not only allows progression within the pyramid system, but it also means the club now have automatic entry into the preliminary rounds of the Scottish Cup starting this season.
Steven Kerr (Development Officer) added:
"Achieving our club license has been a long process, and I would like to once again thank everyone who has assisted with our application. There is probably too many people to mention, but I would like to once again thank Keith Stewart from East Ayrshire Council for the help he has given myself with the application, it is greatly appreciated.
Over the course of the last year, we have made massive improvements to the Loch Park infrastructure which will be of great benefit to the club and community going forwards. Through grant funding we have been able to install 300 LUX LED floodlights, upgrade the Hunter Suite and Pavilion, build a disability shelter, and we also now have a medical room facility as well within the park"
We are sure our supporters will be delighted with this news, and we all look forward to seeing the Glens participate in the Scottish Cup once again.