Which WOSFL Club Next In Line to Receive Their SFA License

On 11/03/2023 at 01:10, PossilYM said:

And tells those in the LL forum that say the Wosfl big guns were never serious about the Lowland league they were correct.

Got to disagree with you here. Remember the west only completed their first full season last campaign.

Some clubs would naturally be closer to being licence ready than others. Beith may be one of those who have further to travel to get there. 

I feel it shows the depth of good sides in the West rather than a total  disinterest going to LL land.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Andydoc said:

I've been told, from a very good source, that Beith have an acceptance from SPFL to get their license.

Floodlights are the only issue and they have an agreement to have them fitted within 6 weeks.

On the basis of the application that they have submitted , they will have their license.

No free pass, I'm afraid.

Interesting post from the East of Scotland League section of the forum

2 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

BS

My gut reaction was similar, but Bonnyrigg got in VERY late when it was clear they would win the league. 

Albeit they were already in the licencing process and the floodlight rule came in, but similar to Beith, they were only in their 2nd season of their agreement to work towards a license. So if Beith have been shown to be making progress, whether or not they official opened an application, then digression has been used before.

Can't see Lithgae being happy if this is the case though. 

41 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So if Beith have been shown to be making progress, whether or not they official opened an application, then digression has been used before.

What are you on about? If they haven't "officially opened an application" then they won't be even speaking to the SFA licensing department. Who of course are very strict on prospective clubs meeting the licensing requirements - so no floodlights or club policies on their website means no licence.

Bonnyrigg's situation was different as the criteria changed and there was time to get compliant before another SFA board meeting.

Edited by Ginaro

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Bonnyrigg's situation was different as the criteria changed and there was an time to get compliant before another SFA board meeting.

They were one of the clubs fully compliant, except for the new floodlights requirements. That was the only thing they had to throw up last minute. Also in the middle of fundraising and getting planning permission in place before a derogation was given.

No one has suggested Beith have a secret stash of cash to put floodlights up at this late stage. Unlike Bonnyrigg, it's also not a requirement that's caught clubs out. You would have thought there would have been signs of fundraising.

I'm not doubting any of that, my post was only hypothetical. What I am saying is that this is the SFA... Anything is possible! Very unlikely, but I would never say impossible. 

Especially after the recent Talbot incident* 😂

* I know, nothing to do with the SFA, etc... Just the madness of Scottish football 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They were one of the clubs fully compliant, except for the new floodlights requirements. That was the only thing they had to throw up last minute. Also in the middle of fundraising and getting planning permission in place before a derogation was given.

No one has suggested Beith have a secret stash of cash to put floodlights up at this late stage. Unlike Bonnyrigg, it's also not a requirement that's caught clubs out. You would have thought there would have been signs of fundraising.

Fair play to Beith fir their success on the park , outstanding !!

They will be first to admit they are a long way off meeting licence criteria and that is nothing to do with lights.

Hey Folks
Was just checking and hopefully someone can confirm any teams I've missed.
This year in the Scottish Cup, there were 26 Licensed teams playing from the East of Scotland
and 3 from the South of Scotland but what I'm wanting to know is from this list I've added from the West of Scotland Leagues.  I know a few teams have announced they are applying or looking to gain their license like Carluke Rovers but its really to find out which ones are waiting of their license being granted as they have applied and passed all regulations.  Anyone know of any team have I missed that has a license to enter next years competition

Auchinleck Talbot
Clydebank
Cumnock
Darvel
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Pollok

Benburb
Bonnyton Thistle
Drumchapel
Rutherglen Glencairn

Glasgow University

Girvan
Threave Rovers

(Waiting on SFA certification in June?)
Glenafton
Gartcairn

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey Folks
This year in the Scottish Cup, there were 26 Licensed teams playing from the East of Scotland
and 3 from the South of Scotland but what I'm wanting to know is from this list I've added from the West of Scotland Leagues.  I know a few teams have announced they are applying or looking to gain their license like Carluke Rovers but its really to find out which ones are waiting of their license being granted as they have applied and passed all regulations.  Anyone know of any team have I missed that has a license to enter next years competition

Auchinleck Talbot
Clydebank
Cumnock
Darvel
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Pollok

Benburb
Bonnyton Thistle
Drumchapel
Rutherglen Glencairn

Glasgow University

Girvan
Threave Rovers

Glenafton
Gartcairn

Drumchapel Utd would have a bit of work to do to that cage they play in. Even adding some cover wouldn't get you a safety certificate for anymore than 200 if compared to Pollok's certificate for 900. Doubt Drumchapel will be applying this summer.

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Drumchapel Utd would have a bit of work to do to that cage they play in. Even adding some cover wouldn't get you a safety certificate for anymore than 200 if compared to Pollok's certificate for 900. Doubt Drumchapel will be applying this summer.

Being in Glasgow City Council area might be detrimental on capacity.

But facilities wise is their really much of a difference between Drumchapel & Bonnyton?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Being in Glasgow City Council area might be detrimental on capacity.

But facilities wise is their really much of a difference between Drumchapel & Bonnyton?

And Bonnyton were parachuted straight into the top league.

On 30/03/2023 at 22:28, Spyro said:

I'm not doubting any of that, my post was only hypothetical. What I am saying is that this is the SFA... Anything is possible! ...

Like trying to shoehorn Brechin City into the LL even after the playoff defeat to Kelty a couple of years back. Some people on here get a bit too hung up about what they think they know for sure about procedures. Would the SFA care enough about helping the WoS champions to be flexible like this though and could Beith get planning permission done and also install in the space of six weeks with a competitive game played under them? Seems a bit farfetched.

Edit: I guess we are all assuming it isn't an April Fool's prank because it's after 12 o'clock but maybe not safe to do so these days?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, rockson said:

They applied at the right time to secure that.

They applied 

But go back to the original plan.

All in it together conferences but hold on the SFA say they can only sing and dance with one league and one league only.

All of sudden the big guns close ranks add in the Killie boys as a fig leaf to cover sporting integrity.

15 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey Folks

Auchinleck Talbot
Clydebank
Cumnock
Darvel
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Pollok

Benburb
Bonnyton Thistle
Drumchapel
Rutherglen Glencairn

Glasgow University

Girvan
Threave Rovers

Glenafton
Gartcairn

I think Troon are awaiting SFA certification in June too

22 hours ago, PossilYM said:

They applied 

But go back to the original plan.

All in it together conferences but hold on the SFA say they can only sing and dance with one league and one league only.

All of sudden the big guns close ranks add in the Killie boys as a fig leaf to cover sporting integrity.

They applied though. If other teams had also done so they might have got in too. Or not.