Which WOSFL Club Next In Line to Receive Their SFA License

19 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How would Dunterlie Park be a problem? Cover for 100 check, properly enclosed check, dressing rooms with controlled access to the pitch check. Only issue I can see might be whether they can squeeze in floodlight pylons in on both sides of the ground but if they had to they could probably move the pitch over a bit to the side with the enclosure.

The issue are more related to remedial work that would have to be done to the terracing, toilets, barriers and other areas like exits as we would run into the same problems that Pollok have had and we would probably be in a worse position for this to be resolved. 

However these are no insurmountable just takes planning and funding.

4 hours ago, archieb said:

Seems like Hurlford are also looking seriously into licensing:

https://twitter.com/HurlfordUtd/status/1574770990768427008?s=20&t=bg-2bZ7o_llqNWPlc26_dg

I take it Hurlford haven't put anything in motion except opening doors to find out if there's an interest from fans.  OR, has Hurlford already started the procedure?

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/09/2022 at 20:19, Andy groundhopper said:

Every club can see  toa pathway upwards, guess some will find the financial outlay a struggle and be happy to stay around the wosfl. My gripe is that it's not a 2 up and down system (yet) so both HL and LL champions go up. You could probably put together a good division of current non League v the current spfl2 and see a vast improvement.

Yes I agree, most clubs understand the "pathway" if they want to progress upwards through the pyramid, or remain as they are.

I certainly agree that "SPFL club 42" (ie : the bottom club in SPFL 2) should be relegated automatically (each season) replaced by the winners of a Lowland/Highland league champions play-off. All of the Tier 5 clubs are licensed so promotion would be granted the winners. This change should be negotiated and implemented from 2023/24.

However, I do NOT agree that the Lowland/Highland play-off losers should also be promoted automatically. The existing SPFL clubs would be very unlikely to approve a 2nd Tier 5 promotion place, as it would be a bridge too far for existing SPFL clubs to agree this extra promotion place, at the present time (turkeys voting for Christmas).

Looking ahead say FIVE years from the implementation of automatic one up/one down, it may be possible to introduce a 2nd Tier 4/Tier 5 play-off between "SPFL club 41" and the Lowland/Highland play-off losers. The winning club should be placed/retained in SPFL 2, for the following season, with the losing club being placed /retained at Tier 5.

Scottish football evolves slowly, so this would be a one step at a time approach. Existing SPFL clubs who are relegated to Tier 5, may be relieved that there could/should be an extra promotion opportunity.

Think the guaranteed promotion for both HL and LL champions could be the only way spfl clubs could vote for a change, don't think they fancy the wilderness for too long. Since their relegations, you don't hear many complaints from ex spfl clubs - maybe the Lowland could resemble the English National before long.

• 1 month later...
By initial application are they saying that they've just started the process?
Yip as with the other two clubs who applied this year from the wosfl our initial application was heard at an sfa management meeting last month & was accepted, we now are working towards raising funds over the next two months to get all the upgrades we require to pass the audit & hopefully get it all done in time for next season .

Having floodlights already will help a lot, think these are the unlicensed clubs which have them (who knows if they are up to standard): 

Glenafton, Petershill

Drumchapel, Gartcarin, Neilston?, Rossvale (Petershill), Shotts, St Cadoc's (Benburb), Whittlets (but they are moving ground?)

Ashfield, Greenock, Maryhill?, Renfrew, Yoker

Adrossan?, Carluke, Port Glasgow

Easterhouse, Glenvale, Kilsyth Athletic, Rossvale Academy/West Park, St Peter's (Renfrew), 

3 hours ago, Stormrelic said:
4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
By initial application are they saying that they've just started the process?

Yip as with the other two clubs who applied this year from the wosfl our initial application was heard at an sfa management meeting last month & was accepted, we now are working towards raising funds over the next two months to get all the upgrades we require to pass the audit & hopefully get it all done in time for next season .

Good luck. 👍 Don't underestimate the amount of paperwork, courses and qualifications required. The stadium stuff really is only a fraction of the work, the personnel commitment is considerable. I'm sure you have all that in hand though, the club wouldn't have made the commitment to apply and pay the fee without knowing what they were taking on. I wish you well and hope to see a successful outcome at the AGM next summer. 

Good luck. [emoji106] Don't underestimate the amount of paperwork, courses and qualifications required. The stadium stuff really is only a fraction of the work, the personnel commitment is considerable. I'm sure you have all that in hand though, the club wouldn't have made the commitment to apply and pay the fee without knowing what they were taking on. I wish you well and hope to see a successful outcome at the AGM next summer. 
Thanks ,we have been working on getting the paperwork up to scratch for a while now & we had a lot of it in place already with the quality mark award , the stadium only needs a few things , defibrillator (already organised) ,new signage,a covered area for two wheelchairs & helpers & the most expensive part new goals as we need socketed goals instead of the current ones with wheels ,we will start a gofundme page next week to try help with some of the costs & I know it's going to be a hard slog but we will get there & it will eventually help improve the team on the park too .

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Having floodlights already will help a lot, think these are the unlicensed clubs which have them (who knows if they are up to standard): 

Glenafton, Petershill

Drumchapel, Gartcarin, Neilston?, Rossvale (Petershill), Shotts, St Cadoc's (Benburb), Whittlets (but they are moving ground?)

Ashfield, Greenock, Maryhill?, Renfrew, Yoker

Adrossan?, Carluke, Port Glasgow

Easterhouse, Glenvale, Kilsyth Athletic, Rossvale Academy/West Park, St Peter's (Renfrew), 

neilston training lights ditto shotts, ashfield for speedway, ardrossan's are a new set of lights on existing pylons