Which WOSFL Club Next In Line to Receive Their SFA License

Does anyone have a record of the amount clubs receive from the SFA annually (say the last 5 years). I read a few years back it was £8K - £12K .

What factors influence the amount apart from the obvious more licenced clubs less to each individual clubs.

What is the official title for this payment?

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Does anyone have a record of the amount clubs receive from the SFA annually (say the last 5 years). I read a few years back it was £8K - £12K .

What factors influence the amount apart from the obvious more licenced clubs less to each individual clubs.

What is the official title for this payment?

Think it depends on how much profit the SFA makes each year, as well as what level of licence you have. The SFA's annual report (last one online is 2019) says payments or distribution to members, which made up 31% of their expenditure.

I'm sure @Burnieman, @Tynie Pecksniff or others will be able to provide more info...

On 13/09/2022 at 07:44, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This season 22/23 in the Scottish Cup the entrants from below tier 6 and beyond are
WOSFL     14
EOSFL      26
SOSFL       3 ( 1 Division )
MSFL         3 ( Midlands League - 1 Division )
NCSFL       3 ( North Caledonian League - 1 Division ).
There's obviously former level of Tier 6 teams like Tranent, Bonnyrigg and Kelty entering the Scottish in later rounds and its always great to see these teams flourish and do well in the Scottish Cup.

I'm more inclined to see how all the WOSFL teams do but still looking forward to seeing how they all fair.
It's great to see so many teams entering the main Scottish cup and genuinely like to see some do really well and making it to the 4th round when the premier league teams enter. Speaking to most it's been a favorable experience gaining their SFA license and I'm looking forward to seeing more gain their license in the near future.  I do however get a feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if the powers above made it harder to gain a license in the future but that's the skeptic in me.

Out of the 14 Wosfl teams this season in the big Scottish Cup 4 or 5 of them would have probably have played in the competition anyway pre Wosfl.

Girvan and Glasgow Uni were SFA members plus our top West Junior league and also possible Junior cup winners.

Threave Rovers were a handy outfit at Sosfl level.

That's 5 plus Drumchapel Utd went into the Scottish Cup via a new cup competition for non SJFA members.

The old Central League sides have the poorest representation with only Rutherglen Glencairn representing Lanarkshire, 2 Glasgow clubs, Benburb and Pollok plus Clydebank.

Not exactly great considering the Junior footballing history of the area.

10 out of 63.

Bit of work to be done by the ex Junior clubs me thinks.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Out of the 14 Wosfl teams this season in the big Scottish Cup 4 or 5 of them would have probably have played in the competition anyway pre Wosfl.

Girvan and Glasgow Uni were SFA members plus our top West Junior league and also possible Junior cup winners.

Threave Rovers were a handy outfit at Sosfl level.

That's 5 plus Drumchapel Utd went into the Scottish Cup via a new cup competition for non SJFA members.

The old Central League sides have the poorest representation with only Rutherglen Glencairn representing Lanarkshire, 2 Glasgow clubs, Benburb and Pollok plus Clydebank.

Not exactly great considering the Junior footballing history of the area.

10 out of 63.

Bit of work to be done by the ex Junior clubs me thinks.

That's fine for you to say from behind your screen. It has been stated on here how lengthy and onerous the process is. Has to be taken into account that the majority of the ex Juniors came across as there was virtually no choice. There was no commitment to go for their licence so don't see what they have to feel guilty about.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

That's fine for you to say from behind your screen. It has been stated on here how lengthy and onerous the process is. Has to be taken into account that the majority of the ex Juniors came across as there was virtually no choice. There was no commitment to go for their licence so don't see what they have to feel guilty about.

Problem that might occur should a non licensed club win our top league.

Playoffs would be a non starter.

Where would that put the pyramid project?

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

If the WoS champion is unlicensed then the SoS and EpS champions have a playoff, if only one is licensed they get promoted automatically.

If none of the tier 6 champions a licensed nobody goes up.  It’s not that complicated 

13 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Carrying on like the WoSFL didn't exist, as it has done for the majority of its existence.

EoSFL would be happy as its a clear shot at promotion with the SoSFL struggling for licenced clubs. Would also mean extra promotions in the lower divisions as Dalbeattie & Gretna look like battling relegation from the Lowland.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If the WoS champion is unlicensed then the SoS and EpS champions have a playoff, if only one is licensed they get promoted automatically.

If none of the tier 6 champions a licensed nobody goes up.  It’s not that complicated 

Correct

What it would do to the pyramid project in West is another matter.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Probably not a huge amount, just like darvel losing the play-off hasn’t done much

I think sometimes folks don't really get what the pyramid is about in relation to the Wosfl.

The whole point is to get rid of as many of the  best in the West upwards into the LL and beyond.

In return we would get over time Cumbernauld Colts, Caley Braves  and probably the likes of Albion Rovers.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

I think sometimes folks don't really get what the pyramid is about in relation to the Wosfl.

The whole point is to get rid of as many of the  best in the West upwards into the LL and beyond.

In return we would get over time Cumbernauld Colts, Caley Braves  and probably the likes of Albion Rovers.

Right now, it's fine the way it's going albeit a bit slow.
Rome wasn't built in a day and certainly neither was Scottish Football

Every club in the WOSFL has the chance of gaining their license but there is a process to go through which takes a lot of hard work and dedication for all involved in the club.  The benefits are there.  The best is able to progress, obviously slower with one promotion slot but they can none the less but they need to be licensed.
We have a functioning pyramid system a bit slow/weak in certain areas that being the SPFL2 relegation and promotion to and from the Lowland league and not forgetting the highland league, with below the Highland league a lot weaker and hope they all don't mind me stating this.

Every club has a history either amateur, junior or senior and should never be forgotten but Scottish Football is trying to progress with obstacles in the way but I'm sure it will get there.  Teams like Cumbernauld Colts and Caley Braves as you have stated, i see are there on merit, what merit, the merit to have the foresight to jump to join the Lowland league first, are they good enough to stay there, only time will tell but the teams in the Lowland and for that matter the SPFL2 know that a high level of teams will be coming up and they better get their house in order if they don't want to swap places.

The Lowland league promotional place is working, (none of us want it this way as we want more promoted except most of the Lowland teams don't want more relegated) even if the winners of the WOSFL are not licensed then it goes between the SOSFL and the EOSFL and they won't knock it back.

There has been people skeptical of teams like Auchinleck and Pollok, do they really want to get promoted or they happy to stay in the WOSFL premier division, i think they will all eventually come round to thinking it's a great idea.  There are teams who are desperate to go, Kilwinning, Clydebank, Irvine Meadow and a few more and they know it won't be brill to start with as many teams in the Lowland are spread out and not big crowds, but they still want to go as I believe they know it will get a better standard eventually.

I'm actually enjoying it right across the board and watching teams in the East and North and believe the standard is rising as some want to progress.  Yes, there are many who want to stay stagnant and I'm fine with that and say good luck but the opportunity to progress is there for all, just depends on who wants it and only time will tell

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Every club can see a pathway upwards, guess some will find the financial outlay a struggle and be happy to stay around the wosfl. My gripe is that it's not a 2 up and down system (yet) so both HL and LL champions go up. You could probably put together a good division of current non League v the current spfl2 and see a vast improvement.

21 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Every club can see a pathway upwards, guess some will find the financial outlay a struggle and be happy to stay around the wosfl. My gripe is that it's not a 2 up and down system (yet) so both HL and LL champions go up. You could probably put together a good division of current non League v the current spfl2 and see a vast improvement.

Andy, I think we all agree with you that it's not good enough just having 1 promotional place to the Lowland, but it comes as a package, the same crap is at SPFL2 and they only have a relegation playoff.  I don't think any team who is relegated from the SPFL will come back up for a long time, Ask Berwick, East Stirlingshire, Cowdenbeath and even Brechin who are in , what many consider a weaker tier 5 league, they never won it after being relegated but now they have realized and doing well in the Highland.

I am positive the lack of relegation to and from Lowland and relegation from SPFL2 has and will be looked at higher up and eventually with pressure will be addressed. It is too damaging for the credibility of the SFA and to everyone looking in, it looks like I'll grease your palm to make sure our league doesn't lose our favorites and traditional old teams. The SPFL2 and Lowland realize this but continue to cover their asses

In a short space of years, we have had the whole Scottish Pyramid system grow giving every club in Scotland the chance to be promoted through the leagues.  It's too slow at the moment but it will change. Even if they change and have the Lowland and Highland champions promoted, it's still putting the Lowland in the same predicament of only 1 promotion, so every avenue, every idea must be looked at to make sure we get the best functioning pyramid system that we can all settle for and be proud off.  We are nearly there just as stated above the sticking points are SPFL2 relegation and promotion and relegation to and from the Lowland and Highland leagues.

There are teams who will be happy to stay where they are like your Lugars, Royal Alberts, Kellos, Port Glasgow's. I'd love to think they will go for it in the future but if they do it's a very, very long way off

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Andy, I think we all agree with you that it's not good enough just having 1 promotional place to the Lowland, but it comes as a package, the same crap is at SPFL2 and they only have a relegation playoff.  I don't think any team who is relegated from the SPFL will come back up for a long time, Ask Berwick, East Stirlingshire, Cowdenbeath and even Brechin who are in , what many consider a weaker tier 5 league, they never won it after being relegated but now they have realized and doing well in the Highland.  I am positive it's been looked at higher up and eventually with pressure will be addressed. 

In a short space of years, we have had the whole Scottish Pyramid system grow giving every club in Scotland the chance to be promoted through the leagues.  It's too slow at the moment but it will change. Even if they change and have the Lowland and Highland champions promoted, it's still putting the Lowland in the same predicament of only 1 promotion, so every avenue, every idea must be looked at to make sure we get the best functioning pyramid system that we can all settle for and be proud off.  We are nearly there just as stated above the sticking points  are SPFL2 relegation and promotion and relegation to and from the Lowland and Highland leagues.

There are teams who will be happy to stay where they are like your Lugars, Royal Alberts, Kellos, Port Glasgow's. I'd love to think they will go for it in the future but if they do it's a very, very long way off

Looks a pretty modern set up infrastructure wise at Port Glasgow.

Would be looking to see the likes of the Undertakers in the big Scottish  within the next few years along with the likes of Renfrew.

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Looks a pretty modern set up infrastructure wise at Port Glasgow.

Would be looking to see the likes of the Undertakers in the big Scottish  within the next few years along with the likes of Renfrew.

Again it all depends on the resources at committee level. Having a nice compliant ground is only about 15-20% of the work, the paperwork and qualifications and training courses and Disclosures and policies take up an enormous amount of the Licensing process.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Again it all depends on the resources at committee level. Having a nice compliant ground is only about 15-20% of the work, the paperwork and qualifications and training courses and Disclosures and policies take up an enormous amount of the Licensing process.

Can't be that insurmountable Gensmad, me thinks you're just the person the Wosfl should be appointing as the SFA licence official to help guide clubs through the set up.

49 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Can't be that insurmountable Gensmad, me thinks you're just the person the Wosfl should be appointing as the SFA licence official to help guide clubs through the set up.

It certainly isn't insurmountable, but it needs everyone involved in the club to buy into the concept and contribute to the process. We managed it with a committee of eight, everyone played a part, some small and some enormous. The Scottish FA Licensing Department guys Brian Mann and Stuart Brown are extremely helpful and guide you through it, there would be no need for somebody at the WoSFL to fulfill that function.

On 13/09/2022 at 10:03, megaspinnernet2 said:

Recon Arthurlie will need to move away from dunterlie park for the any chance of getting a license  

How would Dunterlie Park be a problem? Cover for 100 check, properly enclosed check, dressing rooms with controlled access to the pitch check. Only issue I can see might be whether they can squeeze in floodlight pylons in on both sides of the ground but if they had to they could probably move the pitch over a bit to the side with the enclosure.