Which WOSFL Club Next In Line to Receive Their SFA License

It's a massive undertaking for any club and it needs everyone to buy into it and contribute to it in terms of time and personal commitment. I would encourage any club seriously thinking about it to give it a go as the benefits massively outweigh the initial costs, but they shouldn't underestimate the personnel required and the time commitment. 

21 hours ago, archieb said:

Petershill and Whitletts Vics have said they're going for a licence too.

I don't think Whitletts are anywhere near the application stage yet. Their biggest off field priority just now is moving back to Whitletts. 

I think once that's done they'll be ready to start the process.

This season 22/23 in the Scottish Cup the entrants from below tier 6 and beyond are
WOSFL     14
EOSFL      26
SOSFL       3 ( 1 Division )
MSFL         3 ( Midlands League - 1 Division )
NCSFL       3 ( North Caledonian League - 1 Division ).
There's obviously former level of Tier 6 teams like Tranent, Bonnyrigg and Kelty entering the Scottish in later rounds and its always great to see these teams flourish and do well in the Scottish Cup.

I'm more inclined to see how all the WOSFL teams do but still looking forward to seeing how they all fair.
It's great to see so many teams entering the main Scottish cup and genuinely like to see some do really well and making it to the 4th round when the premier league teams enter. Speaking to most it's been a favorable experience gaining their SFA license and I'm looking forward to seeing more gain their license in the near future.  I do however get a feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if the powers above made it harder to gain a license in the future but that's the skeptic in me.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 13/09/2022 at 09:03, megaspinnernet2 said:

Recon Arthurlie will need to move away from dunterlie park for the any chance of getting a license  

IMO There is no chance of Arthurlie getting a licence while still at Dunterlie.   

IS there any further talk of moving elsewhere in the town?

On 13/09/2022 at 07:44, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This season 22/23 in the Scottish Cup the entrants from below tier 6 and beyond are
WOSFL     14
EOSFL      26
SOSFL       3 ( 1 Division )
MSFL         3 ( Midlands League - 1 Division )
NCSFL       3 ( North Caledonian League - 1 Division ).
There's obviously former level of Tier 6 teams like Tranent, Bonnyrigg and Kelty entering the Scottish in later rounds and its always great to see these teams flourish and do well in the Scottish Cup.

I'm more inclined to see how all the WOSFL teams do but still looking forward to seeing how they all fair.
It's great to see so many teams entering the main Scottish cup and genuinely like to see some do really well and making it to the 4th round when the premier league teams enter. Speaking to most it's been a favorable experience gaining their SFA license and I'm looking forward to seeing more gain their license in the near future.  I do however get a feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if the powers above made it harder to gain a license in the future but that's the skeptic in me.

I'd expect the 14 Wosfl clubs to grow to 30 or 40 over time.

Especially if clubs already have the most of the infrastructure in place.

On 11/09/2022 at 20:35, glensmad said:

It's a massive undertaking for any club and it needs everyone to buy into it and contribute to it in terms of time and personal commitment. I would encourage any club seriously thinking about it to give it a go as the benefits massively outweigh the initial costs, but they shouldn't underestimate the personnel required and the time commitment. 

And if the initial costs are say 70k or upwards for floodlights etc do the benfits still outweigh the costs, how long until that investment if it is manageable is clawed back?

4 hours ago, tell_me_more said:

And if the initial costs are say 70k or upwards for floodlights etc do the benfits still outweigh the costs, how long until that investment if it is manageable is clawed back?

One good season in the Scottish cup with a money spinning draw alone will cover 5 seasons worth of investment in players, improvements etc...

But if any team thinks it's going to be a quick fix if they get their SFA license then they are sadly mistaken, the whole point if for the future and their investment.
Right now, the WOSFL has 14 teams in the first-round draw, if but hard work and luck, any survive the next couple of rounds then they go into the 4th round draw with Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock etc...    that's a windfall for any team if they get the right draw.

Plus you cannot make an expectation of any team when they will claw it back because each team is run differently with many chairmen, committees have different, views, understandings and business thoughts on how to run the near future of their clubs.  Good business investment always has the worst case sinario inbuilt

Typically the clubs worked their backsides off in improving the grounds, lights etc - then energy prices go through the roof, with few or no midweek games to use the lights and get income through the bar and ground. Think some clubs will have second thoughts, those with 3g who use them 24/7 seem to be ok so far.

11 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

IMO There is no chance of Arthurlie getting a licence while still at Dunterlie.   

IS there any further talk of moving elsewhere in the town?

last i know of anything clubs leaving the ball parts in getting land of the new retail park