Pars vs Falkirk!

Drew Main, SLO, is aware of fans' concerns re GSTK being played. Hopefully he has relayed that information to the hierarchy and a minute silence is deemed enough. 

Anyway, to the actual game. If we're going to lose, it'll be by the one goal. We just don't concede goals often at all, and for all the football isn't very exciting, it's regimented and solid to break down. If it gets us promoted then I'm all for it. 6 goals or winning by 1, 3 points is all that matters. 

McGlynn's record at EEP is pish. Pretty sure it's only 1 win since 2009. Not sure out of how many games mind you. If I'm guessing off the top of my head, maybe 10-12. 

If we assume Williamson is injured, I think we will line up Hogarth in goals, a back four of Yeats Donaldson Henderson and Mackie.

Hetherington and McGinn

Nesbitt, Oliver, Morrison

Alegria.

Thats how I think he goes. Ideally Williamson would be back, then Yeats would probably replace Nesbitt. I think Hetherington and McGinn will both start.

If I had my choice rather than what I think it will be, I'd start McCann over Mackie and Lawal over Nesbitt.

I'd love us to line up

Hogarth
williamson Donaldson Henderson McCann

Yeats McGinn

Morrison Lawal McGuffie
                Alegria 

PJ for Hogarth when fit, Oliver in there over McGuffie for me, or Kai Kennedy when fit, but that's our best defence (disclaimer assuming Henderson has the Kelty mare out his head) and best 2 in front of the defence.

I think our best front 4 consists of Morrison, Lawal, and then pick any 2 from Oliver, Alegria, Burrell and Kennedy.

Hope to see little to no more of McGuffie and Nesbitt.

McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington to start and stink the place out as per. Would happily see the likes of Lawal and Burrell thrown in from the start instead. Having Williamson back to allow Yeats to move in to midfield would be a huge bonus 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Has Alegria actually been good for you lot? He looked astonishingly shite at Partick.
Thought we had spoke about this in thus thread already but obviously not...

Hes been decent so far. Was excellent v QotS which was our best performance of the season, but if he can't physically bully his defender, he doesnt really offer much else, so its been some good and some fairly anonymous. He's certainly never looked shite though IMO.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If we assume Williamson is injured, I think we will line up Hogarth in goals, a back four of Yeats Donaldson Henderson and Mackie.

Hetherington and McGinn

Alegria.

Thats how I think he goes. Ideally Williamson would be back, then Yeats would probably replace Nesbitt. I think Hetherington and McGinn will both start.

If I had my choice rather than what I think it will be, I'd start McCann over Mackie and Lawal over Nesbitt.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from (i.e. I agree with your choice of McGlynn's starting 11) I'd drop Henderson and leave Mackie beside Donaldson as we've been relatively solid when those two have played together. Why the f**k he'd play Mackie at LB ahead of McCann is beyond me however.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from (i.e. I agree with your choice of McGlynn's starting 11) I'd drop Henderson and leave Mackie beside Donaldson as we've been relatively solid when those two have played together. Why the f**k he'd play Mackie at LB ahead of McCann is beyond me however.
Aye. It's beyond me too, but I think it's what will happen

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

PJ for Hogarth when fit, Oliver in there over McGuffie for me, or Kai Kennedy when fit, but that's our best defence (disclaimer assuming Henderson has the Kelty mare out his head) and best 2 in front of the defence.

I think our best front 4 consists of Morrison, Lawal, and then pick any 2 from Oliver, Alegria, Burrell and Kennedy.

Hope to see little to no more of McGuffie and Nesbitt.

Going to be honest and say I completely forgot about Oliver. Aye I'd have him in over McGuffie any day. I think Nesbitts the worst out the lot but McGuffie seems to be not far behind him. 

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Normally I'd remember these little stints that our players have had elsewhere, but I've no recollection recollection these at all. 

Who have Falkirk got in their ex Pars category? Williamson and Brad McKay? Big fan of Williamson but McKay is an absolute donkey.

McKay was one of the worst centre halves we have had last season but did look pretty solid when playing with Donaldson, really something I thought I would never say as he had no games last season you could even say he was ok.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hetherington and McGinn

Alegria.

Nesbitt is starting for sure, hes bin stinking the place out most weeks and doesnt even gets subbed tellls you all you need to know.

15 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Going to be honest and say I completely forgot about Oliver. Aye I'd have him in over McGuffie any day. I think Nesbitts the worst out the lot but McGuffie seems to be not far behind him. 

I made a point of credit where it was due with Nesbit, in the hope QoS was a corner turned for him, what it actually was, was a brief period of flat track bullying for us which is the only time he might shine. In a tough match he absolutely wants none of it and Kelty was the perfect demonstration of it. 

You seen none of that from Lawal. Always shows for the ball, takes it in tight spaces, tracks back and tackles* and likes to get involved when there's handbags. 

*this bit is what gives me the fear with him. His tackling style is....... "Enthusiastic"

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Brad McKay was OK for us I always thought, and Donaldson was very good last season. Watson was decent until his desertion to go on Holiday and Williamson was a fan favorite albeit a bit Harum scarum defensively; Falkirk should have a decent defence of mostly ex Pars players.

McKay was atrocious last season but has improved hugely so far this season. Donaldson has been a very good signing, not without mistakes but then we are talking about third tier football. Watson coming back to us last season was a great bit of business given how laughably bad our defence was, pity he is out for a while yet. I thought signing Williamson from Partick was a good move but in truth he has been a major disappointment. Hugely injury prone and seems not to have a tackle in him (probably scared to get injured), was outstanding against QoS but that was purely in an attacking sense as he never needed to tackle anyone and he has been injured ever since (as usual).