Jump to content

Pars vs Falkirk!


Recommended Posts

Just now, parsforlife said:

Its not normally a problem, we had the queen of the south game won comfortably by HT for example.

One of only two games so far where we've scored in the first half. Falkirk should have been out of sight first half. Some other team will be at some point if we continue this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Its not normally a problem, we had the queen of the south game won comfortably by HT for example.

We were poor first half vs Alloa, Montrose and Airdrie (after first 20 mins).

It's definitely an issue and good job for the rest of the league since we're top despite it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We were poor first half vs Alloa, Montrose and Airdrie (after first 20 mins).

It's definitely an issue and good job for the rest of the league since we're top despite it.

If our finishing had been better we'd have had have been a few goals up in the airdrie game at HT.   Didn't see the montrose game,  Alloa I don't think there was much between the two halves, neither were particularly great and we won it on a mistake. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

One of only two games so far where we've scored in the first half. Falkirk should have been out of sight first half. Some other team will be at some point if we continue this way.

Typically more goals are scored in the second half.    44% of our goals have been in the first half which is about the normal rate. 

I think there's no denying the first half yesterday was our worst 45 minutes this season,   its the only half we've lost so far.   

Edited by parsforlife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We've not played well at home yet IMO and have 8 points out of 12.

Our four home goals also include a mishit cross, an own goal and a penalty.

There's not alot to be impressed about going forward,  but we defend very well and are winning games through sheer weight of pressure,  we force teams teams to defend especially cross balls so often they eventually get one wrong.   The quality in this league is low players will make mistakes,  I've no problem with forcing that out of them and taking advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Some level of blue tinted glasses. 

I'd be absolutely seething if it wasn't given because it was as clear a foul as you could ever see. You can't just clear out a player with a slide tackle without getting absolutely anything on the ball and say "I've seen them not given". 

 

I appreciate everyone will have a degree of biased but some of the takes post game from the Falkirk fans on here have been staggering. You'd think it was prime Pep Barcelona yesterday against Tony Pullis with a referee holding them down, wild. 

Like your black and white stained ones 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Like your black and white stained ones 

As I said, everyones got biased leanings. 

However I'm pretty content that my assessment of Dunfermline having the better of the second half and it being as stonewall a penalty as you're ever likely to see are bang on the money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As I said, everyones got biased leanings. 

However I'm pretty content that my assessment of Dunfermline having the better of the second half and it being as stonewall a penalty as you're ever likely to see are bang on the money. 

No argument about the penalty and Dunfermline were much improved in the second half but Falkirk finished the match back on top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just had a look at DAFC. net and a number of Pars fans on that thought the pen was soft. Have to say at the game I thought it was a pen but watching the FFCTV highlights I’m not as convinced. To be fair though if it was for us I would have been shouting for it.

Vast majority on Dot Net are thick as f**k so probably not the best source for verification.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Vast majority on Dot Net are thick as f**k so probably not the best source for verification.

I can only presume that Falkirk don't have a DAFC.net equivalent so all their thickos are on here. Yer Kiddy and BPM would be far more at home on a one club forum. 

Edited by Grant228
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...