Pars vs Falkirk!

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How anyone can think it's not a penalty after watching the highlights is beyond me.

A good clue - look at the reaction of the other Falkirk defenders. Not one of them complains about the decision and in fact, one even shouts at the guy for making such a stupid tackle.

Definite penalty, bizarre decision to slide in. Its not even as if its a split second, the ball is well away when he brings him down. Terrible timing. 

I thought it ‘soft’ from 100 yards away, at the game. On reviewing the footage, it WASN’T a penalty AT ALL!
First of all, he didn’t & secondly “wiped out”? [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23] GTF, YFC. The forward fell over in the act of playing the ball across goal!
Put it this way, do you think play would have been brought back for a pen if the man at the back post could have finished his dinner?[emoji849]
You don’t even have the honesty to admit you got out of jail with the decision.

Hahaha you’re at it ya chancer

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Definite penalty, bizarre decision to slide in. Its not even as if its a split second, the ball is well away when he brings him down. Terrible timing. 

Did not need to make the challenge at all. I'd be fuming if one of our defenders gave away a pen like that.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

One was an attempt to block a cross, one was a cynical hack.  Not like for like.  I think it is a penalty but not a card, whereas Benedictus one is definitely a card.

The last couple of times I’ve seen Benedictus play I just don’t get it.  Home fans in both games (Pars and Rovers) rave about how he played and I just see a big lump, knackered after half an hour and lacking in any skills other than clearing man and ball.  I guess that’s the only reason he left Rovers - doesn’t have the ability for the Championship any more.

Lol we have conceded 2 goals this season so far.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

I thought it ‘soft’ from 100 yards away, at the game. On reviewing the footage, it WASN’T a penalty AT ALL!

First of all, he didn’t & secondly “wiped out”? 😂🤣😂 GTF, YFC. The forward fell over in the act of playing the ball across goal!

Put it this way, do you think play would have been brought back for a pen if the man at the back post could have finished his dinner?🙄

You don’t even have the honesty to admit you got out of jail with the decision.

This is about as deluded as it gets. If we’d scored, of course it wouldn’t be brought back for a penalty. The referee would obviously have considered that an advantage. Are you seriously this  stupid that you even asked that question? Probably sums up how stupid/deluded your entire argument is.

Man sliding through an opponent after the ball has gone is a foul all day long. It’s quite baffling that anyone claiming to be a football fan can’t understand that. Yes, we got lucky. But the lucky part was that your defender is so stupid to slide in there. Not lucky that the referee gave an obvious penalty. 

14 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Who plays Morrison on for the goal? I thought it was offside at the time but nobody else was shouting for it and still can’t see it on the highlights lol

MacDonald I think, who had tried to chase down the number 19. Think he was about 6 yards from the bye line. At the time, I certainly thought he had kept Morrison onside. Even when the ball’s played, it looks like Morrison might be in line with Mochrie - hard to tell from camera angle though. Mochrie’s moving away from the goal as Morrison is moving towards the goal.

I haven't seen it back but I will stick with my original thought when seeing it live that it's a penalty all day long, we'd have been looking for a penalty at the other end. The full Norrie McCathie stand shouted for a penalty, the vast majority of Falkirk fans thought it a penalty and there was no protest from the Falkirk players at the decision. 

It's all fine and well saying the highlights show x y and z but the ref has to call it there and then

Re the penalty youv absolutely seen them not given, but that doesn't mean you can feel too aggrieved if it is given.
The fault is with Henderson who as others have said, put it in the hands of the referee to decide whether to bring it back with the cross having been successfully made.

I doubt the Pars fans are overly seething if it isn't given, but I can't argue

Falkirk were excellent first half, we were lucky to be only 1 down. Second half was much better, the shape was better and we were sharper in possession. 

Falkirk played the better football overall, but second half we played some decent stuff as well. A bit too simplistic to say we played hoofball, looking for a bite with that. Fair to say we have a bigger more physical side (especially with Todorov & McCann playing) but despite this, Falkirk were more dangerous throughout from set plays. 

The ref was dubious, but not biased. The penalty was clear, Bene was lucky not to be sent off and there were a fair few other yellows missed.

A really good game, both teams going for it and lots of chances, looking forward to the next one already.

The only thing I was seething about yesterday was being stuck near to a loudmouth roaring for most of the game. A full 20 minutes of screaming to 'get Todarov subbed and Bring on O'Hara', 'Why is O'Hara still on the bench McPake' etc etc. 

O'Hara is in the stand with a knee brace on.

Falkirk were excellent first half, we were lucky to be only 1 down. Second half was much better, the shape was better and we were sharper in possession. 
Falkirk played the better football overall, but second half we played some decent stuff as well. A bit too simplistic to say we played hoofball, looking for a bite with that. Fair to say we have a bigger more physical side (especially with Todorov & McCann playing) but despite this, Falkirk were more dangerous throughout from set plays. 
The ref was dubious, but not biased. The penalty was clear, Bene was lucky not to be sent off and there were a fair few other yellows missed.
A really good game, both teams going for it and lots of chances, looking forward to the next one already.

You may be my Romanian linked alter ego but I have to say I agree with every word …….

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dominated? Na 2nd half was pretty even 

Some level of blue tinted glasses. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the penalty youv absolutely seen them not given, but that doesn't mean you can feel too aggrieved if it is given.
The fault is with Henderson who as others have said, put it in the hands of the referee to decide whether to bring it back with the cross having been successfully made.

I doubt the Pars fans are overly seething if it isn't given, but I can't argue

I'd be absolutely seething if it wasn't given because it was as clear a foul as you could ever see. You can't just clear out a player with a slide tackle without getting absolutely anything on the ball and say "I've seen them not given". 

I appreciate everyone will have a degree of biased but some of the takes post game from the Falkirk fans on here have been staggering. You'd think it was prime Pep Barcelona yesterday against Tony Pullis with a referee holding them down, wild. 

I'd be absolutely seething if it wasn't given because it was as clear a foul as you could ever see. You can't just clear out a player with a slide tackle without getting absolutely anything on the ball and say "I've seen them not given". 

I appreciate everyone will have a degree of biased but some of the takes post game from the Falkirk fans on here have been staggering. You'd think it was prime Pep Barcelona yesterday against Tony Pullis with a referee holding them down, wild. 
Meh. I dont even recall hearing a particularly loud protest from the stands. Maybe the ref had gave it before that could even happen. At the game I thought it was a stonewaller. Having watched the highlights I feel it's a penalty but one you probably see not given on a fairly routine basis. Don't think theres anything controversial about that tbh.

The penalty was a clear penalty for me. A moronic challenge that quite simply didn't need to be made. I immediately thought 'if the ref doesn't give that we've got away with one here' - as others have said the player reactions are always a giveaway. No complaints 

Dunfermline improved when they stopped shelling high balls up the park which were meat and drink for Henderson and Donaldson. They got Mochrie on the ball and he started to dictate the play. 

I certainly don't buy that Dunfermline were well on top in the second half. They improved (a lot) but it was still pretty even overall, I would say we looked more likely to get a winner despite being pegged back. Dont think the goalie was getting near the shots from McGuffie or Morrison which were very well blocked tbf. I'm still not sure how neither Burrell or Hetherington didn't tuck away Morrisons cut back near the end, possibly the former toeing it away from the latter 

Nesbitt was really good on Saturday as well. If he can turn in a performance like that every week rather than once every couple of months that would be huge for us

With players returning from injury the bench is looking stronger but to not have another option to bring on up front and continuing to have to play Yeats at right back definitely effected us. Hopefully Alegria and Williamson are back soon as ironically it's probably the two positions in the team we are most short in. I doubt we'll bring anyone else in so just need to hope we are fortunate in that regard 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876