Pars vs Falkirk!

20 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Dunfermline just couldn’t deal with us in the first half but the celebrating playing well for 45 minutes against a dreadful Dunfermline mob like we’ve won the European Cup is embarrassing. Decent reaction from the Kelty game but Dunfermline look guff.

Good atmosphere but once again let down by that Norrie pish. While it was a minority that minority is getting bigger. That combined with the racist shout at the Kelty game needs nipped in the bud before it gets completely out of hand. 

Approaching the embarrassing stage now tbh mate.

20 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Dunfermline just couldn’t deal with us in the first half but the celebrating playing well for 45 minutes against a dreadful Dunfermline mob like we’ve won the European Cup is embarrassing. Decent reaction from the Kelty game but Dunfermline look guff.

Good atmosphere but once again let down by that Norrie pish. While it was a minority that minority is getting bigger. That combined with the racist shout at the Kelty game needs nipped in the bud before it gets completely out of hand. 

Doesn't say much for your lot considering that dreadful, guff Pars team shat all over Falkirk second half.

26 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Just seen the highlights, never a pen.

Can only think the ref thought the Pars could have played all day without scoring & decided to give them a helping hand.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just watched the highlights and the PK was certainly nothing like as clear cut as it looked at the game. 

Let me get this straight. Falkirk fans want Benedictus to get a second booking for sliding through a Falkirk player well after the ball had gone (which he did, and should have got a second booking for). But you think it’s ‘soft’ that we got a penalty for your defender sliding through Todorov with a challenge that was just as late? 😂

Todorov plays it across the goal and gets wiped out after playing the ball. The ball’s still in play. It’s a clear foul and should be a yellow card. If someone slides in like that and goes through the man after the ball has gone, I really don’t understand anyone trying to argue that’s not a foul. 

Let me get this straight. Falkirk fans want Benedictus to get a second booking for sliding through a Falkirk player well after the ball had gone (which he did, and should have got a second booking for). But you think it’s ‘soft’ that we got a penalty for your defender sliding through Todorov with a challenge that was just as late? [emoji23]
Todorov plays it across the goal and gets wiped out after playing the ball. The ball’s still in play. It’s a clear foul and should be a yellow card. If someone slides in like that and goes through the man after the ball has gone, I really don’t understand anyone trying to argue that’s not a foul. 

I thought it was a penalty. However I though Benedictus committed at least three yellow card offences yesterday and the ref bottled it….

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought it was a penalty. However I though Benedictus committed at least three yellow card offences yesterday and the ref bottled it….

He did. Benedictus should have been off, I’ve acknowledged that. But the referee let a lot of yellow card offences go for both teams. Benedictus got lucky though, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I thought he was about to go a few minutes before that very late challenge. Never mind at that one.

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Let me get this straight. Falkirk fans want Benedictus to get a second booking for sliding through a Falkirk player well after the ball had gone (which he did, and should have got a second booking for). But you think it’s ‘soft’ that we got a penalty for your defender sliding through Todorov with a challenge that was just as late? 😂

One was an attempt to block a cross, one was a cynical hack.  Not like for like.  I think it is a penalty but not a card, whereas Benedictus one is definitely a card.

The last couple of times I’ve seen Benedictus play I just don’t get it.  Home fans in both games (Pars and Rovers) rave about how he played and I just see a big lump, knackered after half an hour and lacking in any skills other than clearing man and ball.  I guess that’s the only reason he left Rovers - doesn’t have the ability for the Championship any more.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Two totally contrasting teams for me, Falkirk play nice football, Dunfermline use their presence in the air and have more dig about them. My concern is out of the two, what style is more likely to get you out the 3rd div. 

We knew Dunfermline would play long ball tbh. That’s what’s McPakes style is based on. At Dundee his tactic was to get the ball to Charlie Adam and him ping it long. His style won’t ever change.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think the Pars tried to play nice football last season. Okay if you've got the players to do it. We'll see how it pans out.

I’m not knocking Dunfermline for playing to their strengths, you do what you have to do to get out the third tier cesspit.

33 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I thought it ‘soft’ from 100 yards away, at the game. On reviewing the footage, it WASN’T a penalty AT ALL!

First of all, he didn’t & secondly “wiped out”? 😂🤣😂 GTF, YFC. The forward fell over in the act of playing the ball across goal!

Put it this way, do you think play would have been brought back for a pen if the man at the back post could have finished his dinner?🙄

You don’t even have the honesty to admit you got out of jail with the decision.

23 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

The last couple of times I’ve seen Benedictus play I just don’t get it.  Home fans in both games (Pars and Rovers) rave about how he played and I just see a big lump, knackered after half an hour and lacking in any skills other than clearing man and ball.  I guess that’s the only reason he left Rovers - doesn’t have the ability for the Championship any more.

Completely disagree that he has nothing about him other than clearing the ball. He’s been excellent at coming out with the ball this season, great organiser. Guys 30, hardly past played at Championship level.

18 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Guys 30, hardly past played at Championship level.

He’s looked past it any time I’ve seen him.  Last time we played at Starks, Conor Sammon had him on toast.  

I repeat, Conor Sammon.

Edited by Disco Duck

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

if we go in after 45mins 2 or 3 up the second half is a different game.

Could get a job on Sportscene with that cutting edge analysis.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Just seen the highlights, never a pen.

Can only think the ref thought the Pars could have played all day without scoring & decided to give them a helping hand.

Incredible that @kiddy is still such a tedious c**t after all these years.

You'd think years of irrelevance would humble the man but he fights on - inspiring stuff.