Pars vs Falkirk!

8 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Not a match for the nerves. Fiery game and both teams looked fucked at the end having put a lot into it. 

Was Henderson’s tackle for the penalty as crazy as it looked from the away end? 

It looked daft. He had a couple of moments in the second but that wasn't the same guy that played Kelty...

53 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Please tell me Kai Kennedy isn't wearing the number 73 as some kind of old Rangers tribute? (And weren't the old Rangers founded in 1872 anyway?). Should probably be on the "Tinpot things in the SPFL" thread I know. 

Hitting the post twice and having that Mochrie run and shot just wide means I'm a bit annoyed we're not winning but I guess Falkirk fans will be upset they aren't either after the first half. Still a couple of minutes to change things mind you.

I was thinking 10 was taken so 7+3=10 I'm sure Nicky Clark had a similar logic when he first signed for us.

First half was shocking, thought Hamilton would come on for Mochrie but even without him we regained control of the game, definitely a game of two halves the only constant was the referee being utterly shite.

Can only really echo what others have said. 

Thought we were fucking disgusting first half. Reminded me of the Queen's Park game. We really could, and should, have been at least two down.

Second half was the opposite. Thought we were much, much, better and really could, and should, have had more than one. Thought MacDonald was once again really good second half and unsure why he went off. Thought it was very typical of a McGlynn team to become so defensive/offer so little when pegged back. Saying that, Falkirk had a couple of decent chances late on.

Will also echo that the wee dicks chucking stuff really need to cut it out. Just stupid and needless.

Strange game to analyse really. I'm not sure how much differently we set up in the second half yet Burrell went from being a constant menace to being pretty well shackled. Falkirk look like a typical McGlynn team in that when it works and they are playing with confidence they look fantastic but if they were to be put under a bit of pressure you could see them folding like a cheap deckchair. 

Thought the Chalmers shot was in, which considering how awful and slow he was in the first half would have been quite the redemption. I thought Burrell in the first half was excellent, and McGinn was good too. For us, I know Bene got the Man of the Match from the sponsor but I'd have given to Matty Todd. Never gave up, tried to be box to box when Mochrie wasn't getting forward and shuffled over to cover Chalmers. All after getting injured early doors. MacDonald came onto a game second half and McCann showed some nice touches when he went out wide. 

Referee was pretty awful, and for all Falkirk fans complaining about Bene bit getting a second yellow, they seemed to get off with several stick on yellows in the first half in particular so it probably evened itself out. Had to give the penalty, it was a daft decision to slide in like that when it looked like the chance was gone. Not sure why that wasn't a booking either though mind you. 

Overall probably a draw was fair enough and it keeps the unbeaten run going and keeps us top of the league. Clearly a few more loans needed though as the bench had very little in the way of players who could change things.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Also, think the minute silence was closer to 30 seconds. Not sure many folk cared.

Seemed to me like a bit of noise from both ends, plus folk telling folk to shoosh making even more noise.

Aye, the classic sort of thing that happens with any such controversial 'silence'.

Anyway, what's the Sheffield United connection? Do we need to phone up some Sheffield Wednesday boys for November?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, think the minute silence was closer to 30 seconds. Not sure many folk cared.

Initially thought the singing over ran into the silence but a few comments and shouts that made it clear that it was deliberate.  Doesn't bother me as an republican and nationalist but don't agree with their actions.

Edited by Chubbychops

Pretty fair assessments here I’d say.  Great first half and really should have capitalised - but rode our luck in the second.  Burrell was excellent first half, and I thought Nesbitt had his best game for ages.  McGuffie missed a few sitters and I thought our centre backs were awful.

Benedictus should have had three yellow cards in that, but it wouldn’t have changed the results.

Surprised they even tried a minutes silence.  I’m less bothered about that, but please can we give the Norrie stuff a rest?  It’s vile.  Plenty to go after without resorting to that.

I thought we were by far the better team in the first half and deserved to go in at half time in the lead.  Dunfermline were clearly given a bollocking at half time as they came out like a different team in the second half. 

We scored a good goal though I thought Morrison looked offside, don't think Nesbitt meant to lay it off though. 

Henderson diving in on a player going nowhere gave Dunfermline a way back into the game. Really frustrating to lose a goal that way. 

I usually defend refs having been one myself but I thought todays ref had a shocker. He looked really unfit as well. 

Finally, can we get the Norrie chants to f*ck? It's boys who weren't even alive when he died that are coming out with that sh*te, I'm all for rivalry but we really have some idiots in our support. I still don't know how they got in with flares, my 7 year old son was searched on his way in, obviously those wee f*nnies weren't 

Thought that was a really good game to watch. We were the much better team first half and could have scored 2/3 goals. Second half you could say the same about the Pars.

I did however think we played nicer football whilst Dunfermline look a physically stronger team with more threat in the air. Good atmosphere, glad I didn’t hear any of the Norrie/Gowans stuff as no place for any of that shit.

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I thought we were by far the better team in the first half and deserved to go in at half time in the lead.  Dunfermline were clearly given a bollocking at half time as they came out like a different team in the second half. 

We scored a good goal though I thought Morrison looked offside, don't think Nesbitt meant to lay it off though. 

Henderson diving in on a player going nowhere gave Dunfermline a way back into the game. Really frustrating to lose a goal that way. 

I usually defend refs having been one myself but I thought todays ref had a shocker. He looked really unfit as well. 

Finally, can we get the Norrie chants to f*ck? It's boys who weren't even alive when he died that are coming out with that sh*te, I'm all for rivalry but we really have some idiots in our support. I still don't know how they got in with flares, my 7 year old son was searched on his way in, obviously those wee f*nnies weren't 

My daughter got her bag searched. The steward found her bottle of juice, then tucked it back into her bag and zipped it up 😂 

Fair play to that man. 👏 

I think we shaded it purely due to how good the chances we created were. Both managers will obviously come out and say they deserved the win, but I think we had the better opportunities. Think the draw is totally fair though. Game of two halves. I’d like to see that save again from McCann because I don’t think many realise how good that actually was: looked like it was heading right for the bottom corner.

Still top of the league and undefeated. Can’t argue at all with that. Heading in to a good run of games I’m expecting us to win. The Montrose one will be tricky.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, the classic sort of thing that happens with any such controversial 'silence'.

Anyway, what's the Sheffield United connection? Do we need to phone up some Sheffield Wednesday boys for November?

Boy at my work who runs with the Hibs casual element told me about that at work last week. First I’ve ever heard of a  link and don’t know where it’s come from.