Pars vs Falkirk!

Please tell me Kai Kennedy isn't wearing the number 73 as some kind of old Rangers tribute? (And weren't the old Rangers founded in 1872 anyway?). Should probably be on the "Tinpot things in the SPFL" thread I know. 

Hitting the post twice and having that Mochrie run and shot just wide means I'm a bit annoyed we're not winning but I guess Falkirk fans will be upset they aren't either after the first half. Still a couple of minutes to change things mind you.

That was a proper game of football. Two teams having a go, plenty chances at both ends. Falkirk dominated first half, but we were in control second half. We hit both posts and Falkirk had near misses too.

Referee was awful. Can understand Falkirk’s complaints about Benedictus at the end, but the referee had let several Falkirk players away with similar challenges without a yellow. He was just incompetent.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Chance missed id say. Probs best we’ve played all season, and the worst Dunfermline have played? So they’ll be happier with the point for sure.

Nice to play a proper away game in a proper stadium again. 

First half was one of our poorer performances. But thought we were the better team second half. We’ve certainly played much worse over 90 minutes than we did today. Given the chances created, I don’t think either team will be happy with the draw. Both managers will certainly be saying their team should have won. I certainly feel like it’s a chance missed. But it’s probably a fair result, on the balance of play.

2 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

Referees are awful in this tier of football. You’d think they would want to do better to move up the ladder. 

To be fair, I’m sure they do want to be better and progress. I don’t think they’re deliberately being incompetent/useless. Surely it’s more down to their training/guidance than them not wanting to do well.

As much as that wasn't must win today disappointing not to pick up three points and Dunfermline will be happier with the point. Long way to go I don't see Dunfermline dropping many points whilst we have a "Kelty" result in us, mainly due to having one or two players capable of turning in a non entity type performance at any given time which for me will cost us . Still feel we are one or two decent players short. 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

I think being blind, stupid, inconsistent and incompetent holds them back. 

Out of interest, where was the inconsistency today? He consistently missed a lot and let players away with ‘taking one for the team’ and going in hard and late - Falkirk did on several occasions and didn’t get a booking for it. Benedictus foul was just as late/rash as the challenge for the penalty, which didn’t result in a yellow card. Can’t disagree with the blind, stupid and incompetent. But for me, they seem to be consistently blind, stupid and incompetent.

Should Benedictus have been shown a second yellow? Absolutely. But that would have been inconsistent with his decisions and lack of bookings for similar challenges up to that point.

We were terrible in that first half and Falkirk picked us off for fun, playing all around our shape and showing far more urgency. We were lucky to only be 1 down at the break.

Much, much better in the second half and shows what happens when you get closer and start making tackles. Hit the post twice and had another glorious chance through Mochrie where he danced through the defence.

Felt Falkirk always looked dangerous on the break and probably could have won it themselves if they'd taken more care in the final third.

No idea how Bene wasn't sent off, although the ref was appalling so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Some crowd - could do without the little shits in the NW chucking stuff on the pitch. Arseholes.

4 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Not a match for the nerves. Fiery game and both teams looked fucked at the end having put a lot into it. 

Was Henderson’s tackle for the penalty as crazy as it looked from the away end? 

Eh, just looked really fucking stupid. 

Lots to say aboht that game but until I get a beer, il go with the most applicable cliche here..

It was very much a game of two halves. Bodied them in the first half, previous Falkirk teams would have been blown away in that second but we clawed and fought to stay in it and have chances to win it too.

A draw being a fair result is bang on the money there.

Referee having an absolute laugh not sending Benedictus off but it would have made no difference.

I might criticise McGlynn for being too late with the changes... McGuffie despite being a useful ball carrier in the first half had become a liabilty. I think only his yellow alerted McGlynn to that.

f**k it. A great game and atmosphere. Beer.

2 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Not a match for the nerves. Fiery game and both teams looked fucked at the end having put a lot into it. 

Was Henderson’s tackle for the penalty as crazy as it looked from the away end? 

Very needless. Todorov was near the bye line and cut it back across the box. The defender seemed to slide through him ridiculously late. Was sheer stupidity from him. A professional footballer shouldn’t even be thinking about diving in there. He seemed to have Todorov right where he wanted him, then just went through him anyway once the ball had gone.

Utterly shocking first half from us. Falkirk were better than I thought they would be. We were the better team second half. Hit the post twice and more front foot.

The lack of depth is getting silly now though. McPake needs a reality check and needs to fill the squad with an element of fingers crossed/educated guess signings. The time for being picky is up. We're not going to get away with this tiny squad for much longer.

Edited by Chubbychops