Pars vs Falkirk!

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Quick scan of twitter this eve and already some "Pars FC" page has made a remark about Craig Gowans, which has been swiftly responded to by half a dozen Norrie comments. Embarrassing stuff.

Imbeciles. Best ignored.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Quick scan of twitter this eve and already some "Pars FC" page has made a remark about Craig Gowans, which has been swiftly responded to by half a dozen Norrie comments. Embarrassing stuff.

Glad i don’t venture to those areas of the internet,  most just determined to just be as much of a Fanny as they can.  Glad it doesn’t represent the majority of fans of both clubs.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Glad i don’t venture to those areas of the internet,  most just determined to just be as much of a Fanny as they can.  Glad it doesn’t represent the majority of fans of both clubs.

The gimps posting that shite probably don’t even have a clue who either of them were.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Wighton back in the squad.

Has started to join in ''a bit'' again and looking good. No chance he will play Saturday I think. Hope he is much improved from what we've seen when playing with his knee injury.

Sounds like O'Hara is carrying a knock too. Big Todorov is the main striker for me just know. Looks a real threat at this level, Maybe he and McCann on Saturday.

Disappointing that we have still not added to the squad by this game but we are where we are. Still think with our thin squad we have not looked second best to anybody this season.  Don't think that will change on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Has started to join in ''a bit'' again and looking good. No chance he will play Saturday I think. Hope he is much improved from what we've seen when playing with his knee injury.

Sounds like O'Hara is carrying a knock too. Big Todorov is the main striker for me just know. Looks a real threat at this level, Maybe he and McCann on Saturday.

Disappointing that we have still not added to the squad by this game but we are where we are. Still think with our thin squad we have not looked second best to anybody this season.  Don't think that will change on Saturday.

Can't see it either tbh. Even if we did pull a win out the hat we are more than capable of dropping points in the next game. McGlynn just hasn't got the personnel over a season to get us into the championship imo. 

It’s interesting. Us Bairns would have been bullish about this, but the Kelty game kind of showed us up for being capable of a horrendous performance when a few players have stinkers added to a big slice of “wtf was McGlynn thinking?. He’s just tinkered us out if 3 much needed points.”

Genuinely can’t call this with any degree of confidence (either way). If McGlynn continues with bizarro selections, then we are done for. We might pull a rabbit out of the hat if he can deploy Burrell and Lawal effectively.

Biggest concern for me is another McGuffie and Nesbitt no show consigning us to playing with 9 men again.

Deep breath, and just hope for the best.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

OS describing it as the "Kincardine Bridge Derby"

wtf? Have honestly never in my life heard Dunfermline vs Falkirk called that before.

Aye, heard that a few times, think the first time was the Martin Hardie/Pressley and his brown brogues season.

Despite our thin squad, we have cover at centre half now, our midfield last time out in Dunfries seemed to do well and that was without Chris Hamilton and our forwards should be able to score goals at this level (although that's the one area we've struggled with so far).

Having said that, if we can beat Falkirk that would only leave Peterhead and the rearranged Clyde game whenever that happens from the first quarter and it wouldn't be inconceivable that we could go through the first quarter unbeaten which would give us a great platform going forward. Probably lose the next three now.

I'm not confident at all for this however that's usually when Falkirk seem to play at their best. I'm sure after a few cans on the bus I'll be talking about a Lawal masterclass in midfield. 

I think we all think he has it in him. He needs to start to grow into a game. It's all been cameos that show capability but little time (or need in some cases) to really influence the game.

His goal v Queens is a more telling contribution than McGuffie has made all season in several starts. Nesbitt is on thin ice too in comparison, with the assist for that goal plus one against Hibs.

Start Lawal and Burrell and give the fans someone to get us off our seats right from the off, rather than someone to get pissed off with and end up on the teams back. (Same logic goes for Leon McCann tbh)

If we win then Falkirk already have a bit of a climb to the summit. We just don't do conceding. We're very regimented, and create plenty of chances. We can be extremely wasteful (some of the matches this season could have been 4/5 at least to us) 

Think we'll win 2-0

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we all think he has it in him. He needs to start to grow into a game. It's all been cameos that show capability but little time (or need in some cases) to really influence the game.

His goal v Queens is a more telling contribution than McGuffie has made all season in several starts. Nesbitt is on thin ice too in comparison, with the assist for that goal plus one against Hibs.

Start Lawal and Burrell and give the fans someone to get us off our seats right from the off, rather than someone to get pissed off with and end up on the teams back. (Same logic goes for Leon McCann tbh)

I like the idea of Lawal Oliver and Morrison in behind Alegria then Burrell coming off the bench. I'd take a draw right now but beating Dunfermline would be a big big 3 points in the long run. 

I like the idea of Lawal Oliver and Morrison in behind Alegria then Burrell coming off the bench. I'd take a draw right now but beating Dunfermline would be a big big 3 points in the long run. 
Aye, I have my own views about how this game is going to play out, but its too pessimistic to even write out. Not that I feel without hope, but my fear is, this is exactly the type of game we need a manager, where we haven't had one for years. If you delete Kelty, I feel good about this, but you can't delete Kelty, and McGlynn managed us out of that game when not one person foresaw the need to change a winning team.

As far as how we win it even with these lingering doubts... Well if Callumn Morrison puts in a shift lime he did v Queens or Peterhead he can win it on his own. They keep telling us Oliver can't fail, and as discussed, it's Ola time.....

I just fear we are going to be discussing another match that we looked to be "well in the game up until....." then they close the show with little fuss.