Pars vs Falkirk!

51 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Chalmers is the only other I think. It feels there’s usually a better mix of players to have played for both as you say. 

Todorov as well, I think? Had no idea Chalmers had played for Falkirk until you said this.

edit - according to Wikipedia, Mehmet once played a couple of games for you as well?

Edited by CallumPar

Yes Mehmet played a few times, normally Challenge Cup matches etc. Not the best.

Chalmers we got on loan from Celtic when H*lt was in charge. Played out of position mostly, but permanently bad, like REALLY bad.

Todorov never got a look in under that twat McKinnon who played no hopers like Jarvis ahead of him (and Shayne Lavery).

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes Mehmet played a few times, normally Challenge Cup matches etc. Not the best.

Chalmers we got on loan from Celtic when H*lt was in charge. Played out of position mostly, but permanently bad, like REALLY bad.

Todorov never got a look in under that twat McKinnon who played no hopers like Jarvis ahead of him (and Shayne Lavery).

Normally I'd remember these little stints that our players have had elsewhere, but I've no recollection recollection these at all. 

Who have Falkirk got in their ex Pars category? Williamson and Brad McKay? Big fan of Williamson but McKay is an absolute donkey.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, it’s bad when we’re clutching at straws, with the likes of Chalmers, Todorov and Mehmet - who all had very brief spells at Falkirk. Can only have about 10 games for Falkirk between them.

Obviously O’Hara has some colourful history in Pars v Falkirk games, but things have changed a lot since then. Even looking at Falkirk’s squad, I can’t imagine Pars fans getting too worked up about Williamson, Kennedy, Watson (does he play?) or Donaldson. 

We’ve got Hamilton and Todd, who are both local boys/big Pars fans. Got Benedictus who loves to go flying into challenges in derby games - Hamilton does that every week too, to be fair. I wouldn’t be too surprised if we got a man sent off on Saturday.

We don’t really have a Higginbotham/Cardle type player that I could see chipping in with a few goals against you this season though. Although, I guess O’Hara might suddenly remember how to score. Think he averaged a goal every 60 mins or something against McGlynn’s Raith last season. Needs reminded of the offside rule before he’ll get a goal though!

Normally I'd remember these little stints that our players have had elsewhere, but I've no recollection recollection these at all. 
Who have Falkirk got in their ex Pars category? Williamson and Brad McKay? Big fan of Williamson but McKay is an absolute donkey.
Both injured. McKay has been a colossal improver under McGlynn. Last season he was full on, comedy bad.

Really hoping Williamson is back tbh but have never actually had any idea how long he was to be out for.

Anyway, a thought occurred to me about Ola Lawal this morning.... He deserves a start and he has something about him that I can't put my finger on but it's how players end up being "cult players", but I get the absolute fear with him that he's a red card waiting to happen. Has anyone else got this vibe over him?

51 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, it’s bad when we’re clutching at straws, with the likes of Chalmers, Todorov and Mehmet - who all had very brief spells at Falkirk. Can only have about 10 games for Falkirk between them.

Obviously O’Hara has some colourful history in Pars v Falkirk games, but things have changed a lot since then. Even looking at Falkirk’s squad, I can’t imagine Pars fans getting too worked up about Williamson, Kennedy, Watson (does he play?) or Donaldson. 

We’ve got Hamilton and Todd, who are both local boys/big Pars fans. Got Benedictus who loves to go flying into challenges in derby games - Hamilton does that every week too, to be fair. I wouldn’t be too surprised if we got a man sent off on Saturday.

We don’t really have a Higginbotham/Cardle type player that I could see chipping in with a few goals against you this season though. Although, I guess O’Hara might suddenly remember how to score. Think he averaged a goal every 60 mins or something against McGlynn’s Raith last season. Needs reminded of the offside rule before he’ll get a goal though!

Watson's out for the year pretty much, and we've not seen Kennedy either this season...

McPake has had a very different experience to most Pars managers. The style of play would probably be getting a hard time in most circumstances. Following the two clowns last year and the explicit announcements that there were no lofty ambitions this season it has given him the freedom to forget any notion of entertaining etc and simply make us into a horrible, efficient unit. 

The defence and keeper are so well drilled and the diagonal long balls attract corner and free kicks. Right since preseason, so many of the goals we score are similar. 

Benedictus has probably been the single most influential signing we’ve made in ages. Within minutes of the season kicking off it was obvious the defence was being marshalled with an iron fist. On the P&B prediction poll thing I’d tipped us to have the lowest goals against total in the country this season. For this level we look horrible to play against. 

We’ll probably get beaten 0-5 with an OG and red card for Bene.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Both injured. McKay has been a colossal improver under McGlynn. Last season he was full on, comedy bad.

Really hoping Williamson is back tbh but have never actually had any idea how long he was to be out for.

Anyway, a thought occurred to me about Ola Lawal this morning.... He deserves a start and he has something about him that I can't put my finger on but it's how players end up being "cult players", but I get the absolute fear with him that he's a red card waiting to happen. Has anyone else got this vibe over him?

Williamson is out again? 

I'd forgotten about Donaldson and Watson. Meh. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm slightly worried we will play GSTK tbh, we go quite hard on the Remembrance Day stuff and we were very quick to change our social media profile pics to a simple black circle with no logo or anything. Surely not?

Wasn’t a big fan of them posting “everyone at east end .. is deeply saddened by the death of the Queen”. Did they take a poll of all the players and staff and that was the result?

I think we’d respect the national anthem almost impeccably. Certainly the young team who actually create the atmosphere would that’s for sure. There will definitely be Union jacks in our end on Saturday. 

I presume you will be in with the Pars fans as usual?…