Pars vs Falkirk!

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Minutes silence before kickoff and any players that want to, to wear black armbands. That’s enough. Any attention seeking arseholes that disrespect the silence can gtf.

Not a fan of the monarchy at all. But going out of your way to actively disrespect the dead is scummy behaviour. You don’t have to stand for the silence if you don’t want to. But if people want to pay their respects, let them do that.

Before the teams come out and once the silence is done, the atmosphere will be everything you’d expect of a Pars v Falkirk match. Just be respectful of those who want to pay their respects for 60 seconds, that shouldn’t be too much to ask of anyone.

I’m totally anti-royalty/monarchy but I won’t do anything to disrupt a minutes silence, I will just sit in my seat during it. I just hope people are respectful of the fact that I won’t be standing.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
I've been practicing my boooooing specifically for an anticipated silence.

Iv got mine just about spot on for passing it off as Boo-urns, if any over zealous Polis try to thought-police me.

I'm going to claim I was actually saying 'Booo-reen' and it's actually a shout directed at Rhys Breen.

34 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Minutes silence before kickoff and any players that want to, to wear black armbands. That’s enough. Any attention seeking arseholes that disrespect the silence can gtf.

Not a fan of the monarchy at all. But going out of your way to actively disrespect the dead is scummy behaviour. You don’t have to stand for the silence if you don’t want to. But if people want to pay their respects, let them do that.

Before the teams come out and once the silence is done, the atmosphere will be everything you’d expect of a Pars v Falkirk match. Just be respectful of those who want to pay their respects for 60 seconds, that shouldn’t be too much to ask of anyone.

That's my take on it too.

On 11/09/2022 at 00:31, DA Baracus said:

George Shaw also player for us and was also decent.

Nah he wasn't although he scored the hardest striken (?) goal I've ever seen against Aberdeen. Was brought in to link up against with Britton but it never worked out. 

On the subject of silences, I enjoy a good fucking crowd roar after an impeccable silence. Goosebumps stuff.

Nah he wasn't although he scored the hardest striken (?) goal I've ever seen against Aberdeen. Was brought in to link up against with Britton but it never worked out. 

On the subject of silences, I enjoy a good fucking crowd roar after an impeccable silence. Goosebumps stuff.
Il see you after the game on Saturday and make you the hardest striken fifer anyones ever seen

Bants aside I don't see us winning. Lawal and Burrell need to get a chance from the start but McGlynn will go with the shitehawks that are Nesbitt and McGuffie and who are each week putting him under more pressure and trying to shoehorn Henderson into some sort of form or position. 2-0 home win.

22 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Bants aside I don't see us winning. Lawal and Burrell need to get a chance from the start but McGlynn will go with the shitehawks that are Nesbitt and McGuffie and who are each week putting him under more pressure and trying to shoehorn Henderson into some sort of form or position. 2-0 home win.

Lawal I agree with, not so sure about Burrell though as he's been playing Alegria as a (sort of) target man and having Morrison running off him. Burrell's more of a Sammon type in that he uses his strength and pace to run the channels, so I think I would prefer to bring him on against tired defenders. Alegria's been much better than I expected after hearing what Partick fans said about him and watching his first couple of games, so I think I'd stick with him.

On 11/09/2022 at 13:28, Duncan Freemason said:

I think McGlynn has a decent record v the Pars even when having a supposedly weaker team. Or is that not the case?

That’ll be a no. Yes, we completely schooled them in a 5-1 victory in the season without fans and Lewis Vaughan taught them a lesson in a cup game the season before but those games aside it’s a pretty dismal record, last season especially. We huffed and puffed to a last minute equaliser in a 1-1 against a team managed by Peter Fucking Grant that hadn’t won yet in the league and he then oversaw one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen from a Rovers side back in April. We had an xG of 0.10 or something in that game, we had higher in both games we played at Celtic Park last season. He then came out with some tripe about it being a close game, evenly matched teams, bad luck etc.

Edited by Enigma

I'm slightly worried we will play GSTK tbh, we go quite hard on the Remembrance Day stuff and we were very quick to change our social media profile pics to a simple black circle with no logo or anything. Surely not?

Also worried about the game. We huffed and puffed at Kelty and you could tell Potter had them well up for it. Can see McGlynn also getting the Falkirk boys up for it and there are a few ex-Pars in the ranks who'll want to get it right up us. Unusually for a Pars team I was struggling to think of anyone who had played for Falkirk. Just O'Hara if he plays?