Pars vs Falkirk!

Scheduled for Saturday 17th September, but will it go ahead? I hope so, as I plan to be there!

If the game does take place then I can a very decent crowd indeed as I think there will be good numbers from both sets of fans. 

I believe this will the first meeting of the sides in the league since April 2019. Strangely that season each side won both away fixtures.

Falkirk may not be the best team we've come up against thus far (by accounts Airdire have been), but the atmosphere/crowd means I think this will be our toughest game so far.

We top the table and are undefeated, having only conceded a single goal. However we have had a couple of poorer performances and have missed loads of chances.

Falkirk got beat by a rank Kelty team last time out mind.

Anyway, let the insults fly and the horrendous patter flow.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

For what it’s worth….

“Meanwhile, domestic football in Scotland plans to return next weekend after the decision was made to call off all weekend matches on Friday”. (Scottish Daily mail, print edition)

Let us hope that is indeed the case!

And also that we absolutely pump you mutants, although I'd take any kind of win, be it flukely 98th minute offside goal, jammy OG in inside 30 seconds and absolutely anything else anyone can think of.

Had really hoped a couple of weeks ago and it felt realistic at the time, that we would be going into this one on the back of an almost unheard of 5 wins on the belt. Had we not utterly shat the bed agaisnt Kelty, it at least could have been 4 even with circumstances this weekend. Had wee beat Kelty I'd have fancied us to keep it up against Alloa.

Things change quickly in football though, and I go into the buildup with severe doubts about how our team will handle the occassion. I'd have been the same today pre Alloa had it went ahead.

What can I really think of in terms of positivity.... Well, more training for Liam Henderson to sort himself out and the potential availability of Kai Kennedy to get it up his former club.....

I'm sure il become excited as the week goes on. At this point in time I dont have a ticket yet and am mulling over whether to drive or try and get a pint. I fucking hate driving to East End.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Had really hoped a couple of weeks ago and it felt realistic at the time, that we would be going into this one on the back of an almost unheard of 5 wins on the belt. Had we not utterly shat the bed agaisnt Kelty, it at least could have been 4 even with circumstances this weekend. Had wee beat Kelty I'd have fancied us to keep it up against Alloa.

Things change quickly in football though, and I go into the buildup with severe doubts about how our team will handle the occassion. I'd have been the same today pre Alloa had it went ahead.

What can I really think of in terms of positivity.... Well, more training for Liam Henderson to sort himself out and the potential availability of Kai Kennedy to get it up his former club.....

I'm sure il become excited as the week goes on. At this point in time I dont have a ticket yet and am mulling over whether to drive or try and get a pint. I fucking hate driving to East End.

Train to Haymarket, train to Dunfermline Town/Queen Margaret. Easy. Slightly over an hour.

Hope Kennedy plays, as he's a hideous wee shitebag. A slight risk mind as he is capable of a great game, but he only has one or two a season, so hopefully it isn't against us.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Train to Haymarket, train to Dunfermline Town/Queen Margaret. Easy. Slightly over an hour.

Hope Kennedy plays, as he's a hideous wee shitebag. A slight risk mind as he is capable of a great game, but he only has one or two a season, so hopefully it isn't against us.

Tbh, id settle for him being on the bench, there are boys on the bench who deserve a start IMO in place of the shitebags Nesbit and McGuffie. Kennedy being there would ideally just get those two further down the pecking order. McGlynn seems to like them though, so I don't know if we will see those changes. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbh, id settle for him being on the bench, there are boys on the bench who deserve a start IMO in place of the shitebags Nesbit and McGuffie. Kennedy being there would ideally just get those two further down the pecking order. McGlynn seems to like them though, so I don't know if we will see those changes. 

Sounds like you have a few shitebags. Hope they all play.

Thankfully we jettisoned all our shitebags from last season.

15 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If I remember correctly we had a crowd of 13k at a game at EEP in the early 90s,I remember Greg Shaw scoring for us.

I attended that game, Lindsay Hamilton sold the Falkirk goal a bit and as I passed by EEP after the game on the bus he appeared to have been ditched by his lift home.

28 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think McGlynn has a decent record v the Pars even when having a supposedly weaker team. Or is that not the case?

Did he not shit the bed at EEP and play a weird team with Andy McNeil in goals to allow the DA side with all those players they definitely could afford to win and all but seal the title?

2 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

I attended that game, Lindsay Hamilton sold the Falkirk goal a bit and as I passed by EEP after the game on the bus he appeared to have been ditched by his lift home.

I was stood at the front of the away end at that game and have a vague memory of being squashed during the celebrations 😆

I remember Lindsay Hamilton getting into a car that was parked among the supporters buses and getting ripped by Falkirk supporters singing lets all do the Lindsay while flapping their arms around 🤣