Week 1 (ITS BACK! 🏈)

lichtie23

10 minutes ago, resk said:

That fumble rule is bullshit.  

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's wee rules like that here and there in this game that are mad.

The rule itself was designed to stop intentional fumbles etc. Now that it's here, I don't see how they can have it continue to serve its purpose whilst also not impacting genuine fumbles - I don't think you can put it on an official to decide what is and isn't intentional.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Madness really 

FcZwgOjXEAUkyBe.jpg

They turned a scoreboard clock off immediately after this play as it was showing the wrong time. It would be interesting to know if it had any impact on that play.

An absolute disaster of a 4th Qtr and OT for the back up LS though.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The rule itself was designed to stop intentional fumbles etc. Now that it's here, I don't see how they can have it continue to serve its purpose whilst also not impacting genuine fumbles - I don't think you can put it on an official to decide what is and isn't intentional.

The rule is fine as it is.

If you want to go putting the ball on the ground intentionally when there is still plenty time on the clock, rather than just running your Offense, then go ahead. When it's last-gasp desperation stakes though there needs to be a rule in place to prevent shithousing. 

It's not really a rule designed to impact 'inside two minutes', more 'in a final do-or-die situation', but there's no way to incorporate that into the ruleset, so 'inside two minutes' it is.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The rule is fine as it is.

If you want to go putting the ball on the ground intentionally when there is still plenty time on the clock, rather than just running your Offense, then go ahead. When it's last-gasp desperation stakes though there needs to be a rule in place to prevent shithousing. 

It's not really a rule designed to impact 'inside two minutes', more 'in a final do-or-die situation', but there's no way to incorporate that into the ruleset, so 'inside two minutes' it is.

I wasn't arguing against it, rather trying to explain to the quoted posters why it's there.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s the OT rules that are an arse. Just play fifteen minutes normal football. A fifth quarter if you like.

My hot take is just have draws in the regular season and save overtime for the playoffs, but obviously that's got about as much chance of success in the USA as gun reform. 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, there's a hesitation before Herbert slides, but then he gets hit in the head and you just can't do that to a QB at any point.

I don't think I could be a defensive player in the NFL. You obviously cannot hit a runner who is giving themselves up, but the game is fast and when the slide starts so late, the Defensive player would have to anticipate the slide before it happens and pull out of his tackle.

If they do that, and the QB then doesn't slide, they look completely stupid.

Its the same with DBs and WRs when they are trying to break up passes.

I don't know how to make it entirely fair.