WoSFL Statement on Matches for Saturday 10th September

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

A factual one. The decision to cancel the four league games was taken after the South Region Challenge Cup Secretary had informed all the competing clubs that the cup ties were all postponed. 

you still had a choice to stick up for your members. You could have said we will show respect by asking teams to hold a minutes silence and wearing black armbands. 

Another question. I thought the South Challenge Cup was operated by all 3 leagues? Does the secretary have the authority to make a unilateral decision without consulting the 3 leagues or representatives there of? 

19 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

you still had a choice to stick up for your members. You could have said we will show respect by asking teams to hold a minutes silence and wearing black armbands. 

Another question. I thought the South Challenge Cup was operated by all 3 leagues? Does the secretary have the authority to make a unilateral decision without consulting the 3 leagues or representatives there of? 

It's actually 4 leagues who operate the South Region Challenge Cup, including the Lowland League, whose teams had already been instructed by the Scottish FA that their matches would be postponed as they come under the jurisdiction of the Professional Game Board.

I am not aware of what discussions took place in the lead-up to the decision to postpone the SRCC matches as I am not part of that committee.

However, once that decision was made by the organisers of the SRCC, and given that all of the other leagues in the pyramid had already postponed their fixture cards, it was an obvious decision to make for the WoSFL to also postpone the only four scheduled matches which were under our remit for tomorrow.

Edited by glensmad

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It's actually 4 leagues who operate the South Region Challenge Cup, including the Lowland League, whose teams had already been instructed by the Scottish FA that their matches would be postponed as they come under the jurisdiction of the Professional Game Board.

I am not aware of what discussions took place in the lead-up to the decision to postpone the SRCC matches as I am not part of that committee.

However, once that decision was made by the organisers of the SRCC, and given that all of the other leagues in the pyramid had already postponed their fixture cards, it was an obvious decision to make for the WoSFL to also postpone the only four scheduled matches which were under our remit for tomorrow.

Not aware of much but you were in a big rush to report the outcome on here and the ins and outs 

I take it next week the Scottish Cup takes precedence over the south challenge cup so the SC ties would come first with teams in the SCC having to play their Scottish cup tie first and now if the funeral is next week then the Scottish cup games will be off so the SCC will take another hit and the Scottish junior cup, second round, when is this due as it will have to play behind both the cups of any teams competing in them all.

Total minefield and feck being the fixture secretary for all of that

24 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Not aware of much but you were in a big rush to report the outcome on here and the ins and outs 

Incorrect, I did not post on this thread until many hours after the news broke about the postponements. However, having read through the posts this evening, I did feel it was necessary to point out that the vast majority of postponements of this weekend's matches were not decided by the WoSFL.

Edited by glensmad

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I take it next week the Scottish Cup takes precedence over the south challenge cup so the SC ties would come first with teams in the SCC having to play their Scottish cup tie first and now if the funeral is next week then the Scottish cup games will be off so the SCC will take another hit and the Scottish junior cup, second round, when is this due as it will have to play behind both the cups of any teams competing in them all.

Total minefield and feck being the fixture secretary for all of that

The SRCC ties do not automatically move to next weekend, a rescheduled date for the 2nd round ties will be advised in due course.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ok 4 leagues apologies. 

So here for me is the key question what guidance was received from the SFA? If the guidance was to call the game off then fair dos it’s out of the leagues hands but we know the advice from DCMS was to allow the leagues/organisers to decide.

If the SFA stated to call them all of there is not much the league can do as the SFA provide the match officials and I am guessing that if they say it should be cancelled then that means referees are unavailable. 

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Obvious decision = "good, they moved first so we can blame them".

Edited by jimbaxters

25 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Nonce Protecters?

Two words, Prince Andrew.

Do nonce protectors fall into both categories according to the total d1ck that is Pantty Sandshoe, only he seems to have missed it from his second list 

Edited by Lurcer