WoSFL Statement on Matches for Saturday 10th September

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Best get the pies in the freezer then!

Just dust them before the next game.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I doubt it, it's a council run leisure centre, but I'm not 100%, they do have a wee cafe that might sell beers, I've just never asked.

Aye right!

Just now, Crazy Feet said:

Some disgraceful comments on here.

Or maybe just a reflection of were society is in 2022.

Is Kennie being serious that a player probably born this century is too distraught by the passing of the 96 year old Queen that playing a football game is beyond them?

8 hours ago, Lurcer said:

If the games are cancelled that will be two weeks in a row as I would hope that no games are being played on the day of the funeral next Saturday. 

Why?

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Why? Talbot wouldn't cancel the game if it was your funeral and you (and your money) are there every week. Why cancel it for her?

Ive never agreed with you more. 

3 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

All games under SFA are off. 

Shambles.

2 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Absolute nonsense.

Surely you can pay your respects if you want to and enjoy a game of football on the same day.

Do they want us lining the streets and bawling our eyes out like in North Korea.

It basically is North Korea, not allowed to criticise them, not allowed to oppose them without being branded a ‘disgrace’ etc.

32 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Or maybe just a reflection of were society is in 2022.

Is Kennie being serious that a player probably born this century is too distraught by the passing of the 96 year old Queen that playing a football game is beyond them?

Kennie would have no say in it whatsoever, it will have come from the top at Holyrood. It's a show of respect for the head of state passing away.

15 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Kennie would have no say in it whatsoever, it will have come from the top at Holyrood. It's a show of respect for the head of state passing away.

Yes him and the WOSFL would have a say, they only received guidance not an order. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Spot on. So many bitter, wee angry men in here.

Hopefully you'll be in the house in quiet contemplation and not out shopping, at the pub, fishing or at the golf. Keep the telly off too.

Football always has to be the nation's conscience. It's someone else's turn.

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

100% correct decision 

100%     nonsensical decision.  Head of state , I get it.  Show respect, I get it but it should not impact on my personal time unless I want it too.    I am no anti royalist, I neither like them nor dislike them but I am being forced in to mourning against my will.  I didn't get a choice to go to a game or not go to a game , that decision has been taken away from me by the authorities. 

50 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Holyrood made no such decision. Governing bodies of each sport were left to decide to carry on or postpone as they seen fit.

For what its worth I have no issue really with games being off tomorrow but they must go ahead next week (assuming the funeral is not Saturday)

12 days of national mourning is just a bit over the top,sad, but she was 96. Think once professional leagues decided to p-p tomorrow , no other League wanted to be the ones that went against the 'guidance' At least the Great North Run goes ahead on Sunday, oh yeah that's some charity thing so that's ok. Tbh maybe amateur/grassroots could have been played with a silence beforehand.