WoSFL Statement on Matches for Saturday 10th September

6 minutes ago, Vuvuzela said:

Totally get the respect thing, but with no senior matches or live football this weekend it seems like an opportunity missed. Cancelling next week would make more sense. 

Not me. Tugging the forelock in such a way and calling it respect is an outdated notion. Those who choose to stay away from the football out of respect would have been able to do so instead of everyone being forced to. 

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not me. Tugging the forelock in such a way and calling it respect is an outdated notion. Those who choose to stay away from the football out of respect would have been able to do so instead of everyone being forced to. 

What about the choice of the players, coaches, committees etc? Do they not get a choice?

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Couldn't agree more but I'm not in the least bit surprised this is happening.

7 minutes ago, coineanach said:

This is forelock tugging servile pish.

Enjoy a Saturday of watching wreath laying on the telly, troops. The ruling class has spoken.

This. While it's a shame, she was a 96 year old woman who did what 96 year old women tend to do by dying.

Nobody I've spoken to is particularly distraught by the news...it's been in the post for a good while. The main vibe I'm getting from people is that it's a slightly strange feeling because no-one much under 80-odd has known anything different.

We do seem to be being coerced currently into feeling something that by and large isn't really there...we'll have blanket coverage on every channel for the next week telling us how we SHOULD be reacting, and if something CAN be cancelled, you bet your arse it WILL be just to show how much we care.

I see even the ammies have now followed suit for tomorrow, so that's the fallback fucked too.

1 hour ago, Vuvuzela said:

Totally get the respect thing, but with no senior matches or live football this weekend it seems like an opportunity missed. Cancelling next week would make more sense. 

Yep, I'd have gone to a local game with no senior stuff to go to. Pathetic toadying to a disfunctional family with the odd paedophile thrown in for good measure.