Do you want the football off?

Postpone all games as a mark of respect?  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I find it utterly bizarre. I know she was important, I know she was the Queen and what that means but, to show respect, every football game in the UK could kick off bang on 3pm, with black armbands and a minute’s silence. In the name of fcuk, why wouldn’t that be enough?

Let me talk to you about minute's silences...

2 hours ago, strichener said:

It's intriguing how we can suddenly make spare weekends in what was supposedly a season where there was little wiggle room due to the WC etc.

I don't think anyone has ever said there was little wiggle room this season. It certainly applied in the previous couple of seasons due to covid weirdnesses, but there is enough space in the calendar this season for this not really to be an issue, given that we're basically just replacing the winter break with a World Cup break. That doesn't mean the games should actually be off, of course.

Edited by craigkillie

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yes.

United are shite 

My rationale on this.

Seriously, I think postponing this weekend's game at the Premiership and Championship (and SWPL1) level would be sufficient, as well as making sure there's no games on during Her funeral.

That's the fair balance - postponing non-league games for two weeks is a bit OTT

30 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

My rationale on this.

Seriously, I think postponing this weekend's game at the Premiership and Championship (and SWPL1) level would be sufficient, as well as making sure there's no games on during Her funeral.

That's the fair balance - postponing non-league games for two weeks is a bit OTT

There is no need for a "fair balance", every game should be going ahead unless a particular club feel so strongly about it that they want to ask for a postponement.

The Paisley festival The Spree has cancelled all remaining events.

For those who don't know, and I'll assume that's most of you, it's a 10 day festival of rock, pop, folk, comedy and performance art. It started last Thursday and was due to finish on Saturday night.

Tomorrow (tonight...) was due to feature Altered Images and the first date of their tour. AI have a connection to Paisley going back to 1979 when they were regulars at the original Bungalow Bar where they would regularly sell out the venue when they were unsigned.

However the organisers have decided that despite shops, bars, restaurants and many other places being open, they are imposing their sense of grief on everyone, many of whom purchased tickets for the remaining events months ago.

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

You can’t go to the football, horse racing, rugby or cricket this weekend but obviously we all still need to work. Very normal island we live on 

I'm no republican, but if my leisure activities are curtailed for 10 days, I want to withdraw my labour (and tax!!!) from the economy for that period 😤😤

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

We need the football at the weekend, god knows we will need a distraction from 24 hours of mawkish pish looped on every TV channel.

Aberdeen playing against the **** too…

It would’ve been fantastic to get these c***s at Pittodrie this weekend. 

Ruined by forced mourning we get no choice over. 

Fucking pathetic 

7 hours ago, strichener said:

It's intriguing how we can suddenly make spare weekends in what was supposedly a season where there was little wiggle room due to the WC etc.

The only teams that matches being off will have any kind of impact on will be Celtic, Hearts and Rangers. For everyone else there's loads of free midweeks. 

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The only teams that matches being off will have any kind of impact on will be Celtic, Hearts and Rangers. For everyone else there's loads of free midweeks. 

It will impact our revenue. We make more from Saturday games v the old firm than mid-week matches.

I will be pissed off when (not if) they cancel.

I've made my feeling known to the club and the SPFL. There is nothing else fans can do and we all know that the games will be off whether we agree with that or not.

Edited by Suspect Device

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

It will impact our revenue. We make more from Saturday games v the old firm than mid-week matches.

I will be pissed off when (not if) they cancel.

I was simply talking about fitting any postponements into the rest of the season. Tomorrow's match is going to be huge hit on our revenue if it's off.