So will the football be off this weekend?

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

What was the joke?

If anyone can tell me where the offensive bit is that would be cool.

The absolute seethe on twitter tells me we’re in for another normal few weeks on normal island. 

2 minutes ago, CoF said:

If anyone can tell me where the offensive bit is that would be cool.

The absolute seethe on twitter tells me we’re in for another normal few weeks on normal island. 

I suppose some people expected a comedian, playing a show on the evening the Queen died, not to actually reference it at all?

Bizarre what some people get offended at.

Not sure they'll cancel domestic fixtures for the next couple of weeks. European fixtures will, presumably, proceed.

That would, ironically, leave Rangers as the only club playing a game in Scotland during the mourning period.

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That Kevin Bridges stuff is as tame as it gets 

If you’re even remotely offended by it then probably best to impose another lockdown on yourself 

Aye, it’s light hearted fun aimed at all the drama around her death. There’s nothing mean spirited in it at all.

Bridges isn't daft and knew exactly what he could get away with saying.  There was absolutely nothing in that opening bit that was offensive towards the Queen's death IMO.

Nothing offensive in the Kevin Bridges clip......think he handled it quite well.  As I clicked on the video I must admit I was expecting much worse but that was entirely fine

Oh, not sure if there are Telegraph readers on here but if these is could you please check page 25 to see if indeed Liz Truss has back tracked on the £2500 fuel bill cap.

Through out the land the phrase " good day to bury bad news" will be used by many an unscupuless boss and PR man

I'm devastated. In my tour of all 42 SPFL clubs this season I had a big DOUBLE HEADER booked up this weekend at Cove tonight and Elgin tomorrow.

Cove definitely off, and I'm assuming Elgin will be later. If not, I'll still get up to that one, but I'm raging that an excellent weekend's fitba is gubbed.

16 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm devastated. In my tour of all 42 SPFL clubs this season I had a big DOUBLE HEADER booked up this weekend at Cove tonight and Elgin tomorrow.

Cove definitely off, and I'm assuming Elgin will be later. If not, I'll still get up to that one, but I'm raging that an excellent weekend's fitba is gubbed.

Excellent? Let's not get carried away.

Loads of amateur teams tweeting out fixtures for tomorrow. I still expect the SFA to come in and put out a blanket cancellation, but maybe not. They need to make a decision soon, there's a full card in the Lowland Development League tonight, less than 11 hours away and we don't know if we're going to be able to play yet.

Don't know if this has been posted but utterly unbelievable,

“A determination regarding the remainder of this weekend’s scheduled fixtures will be made following a review of the official mourning guidance"

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

“A determination regarding the remainder of this weekend’s scheduled fixtures will be made following a review of the official mourning guidance"

So, it’s basically depends on what she wanted to have happen when she does, or am I misreading that? 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not shocked though. 

As the whole thing is structured like it's law that you must mourn.

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The guidance states it’s up to the individual body. It’s the same with employers giving you the day off for the funeral.

Edited by stressball

42 minutes ago, Orbix said:

It was a disgusting diatribe; a hate fuelled rant that left some audience members reeling, an affront to good taste and decorum, and Celtic should be docked five points as punishment 

I think it'll need to be more than 5 to be of any use to us.