So will the football be off this weekend?

One thing is for certain, if the weekend games go ahead both bigot twins will embarrass themselves. 

Celtic fans will bring out the usual IRA songbook and the vast minority will be belting it out.

Rangers will have grown men in fits of tears making an absolute mess of themselves. 

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

Or we just have a straight up fight between all the c***s that lined up today and all the naysayers on here. Something tells me you will be outnumbered probably by a ratio of 10000 to 1. 

And to answer your other Q. I think the football will go ahead next weekend.

Aye but most of the 10,000 are either old or tourists who don't really care either way but just want the photo op.  Also the males among them who aren't either of those things are chinless tory loving wet wipes or big fat gammons who get out of breath tackling getting their trousers buttoned up.

They'd get battered.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye but most of the 10,000 are either old or tourists who don't really care either way but just want the photo op.  Also the males among them who aren't either of those things are chinless tory loving wet wipes or big fat gammons who get out of breath tackling getting their trousers buttoned up.

They'd get battered.

Quite a bizarre take on Radio Scotland this morning - the presenter was saying to her reporter "I simply cant remember any time when I have seen a crowd this big in the centre of Edinburgh, maybe for the opening of Parliament in 2005"

I know that reporter might not have been a football fan, but I can state with absolute certainty that there were far more people in the city centre (from the Royal Mile down) for the parade for Hibs cup win in 2016, and I have also been part of AUOB marches on the Royal Mile with more than yesterday.....................

Fannies.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Quite a bizarre take on Radio Scotland this morning - the presenter was saying to her reporter "I simply cant remember any time when I have seen a crowd this big in the centre of Edinburgh, maybe for the opening of Parliament in 2005"

I know that reporter might not have been a football fan, but I can state with absolute certainty that there were far more people in the city centre (from the Royal Mile down) for the parade for Hibs cup win in 2016, and I have also been part of AUOB marches on the Royal Mile with more than yesterday.....................

Fannies.

You’re forgetting that in this national period of mourning you can literally say whatever you like on the bbc as long as it’s favourable to the deceased. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

National League games in England to restart from today and EFL midweeks games expected to be played as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869041?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Right Doncaster let's get this fucking show on the road.

12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The funeral is on Monday so absolutely no reason for next weekends fixtures to not go ahead, all other sport has resumed after a day or two hiatus. 

Yes but you forget other sports are not for the bottom of society, the scummy working man who cannot be trusted (also followed by a massive percentage of population so more reflective of 'working class' mood than any other platform). In England there will be a conflict between Sky and the #Barclays wanting the games to go ahead I'm sure but also being aware there are huge risks of dissent at games during the 'remembrance period' (whether a 1 or 2 min silence or otherwise) which will reflect perhaps the mood of a large section of society but cause outcry and be a nightmare for the authorities to paper over without huge criticism.

Therefore while there may be some European games where the local FA's have no choice or lower league games (where the crowds are smaller and TV limited) I cant see the risk of allowing top tier games going ahead and whether true or otherwise the guise of limited plod coverage will be the tagline.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Yes but you forget other sports are not for the bottom of society, the scummy working man who cannot be trusted (also followed by a massive percentage of population so more reflective of 'working class' mood than any other platform). In England there will be a conflict between Sky and the #Barclays wanting the games to go ahead I'm sure but also being aware there are huge risks of dissent at games during the 'remembrance period' (whether a 1 or 2 min silence or otherwise) which will reflect perhaps the mood of a large section of society but cause outcry and be a nightmare for the authorities to paper over without huge criticism.

Therefore while there may be some European games where the local FA's have no choice or lower league games (where the crowds are smaller and TV limited) I cant see the risk of allowing top tier games going ahead and whether true or otherwise the guise of limited plod coverage will be the tagline.

Agree completely with this train of thought. This is all about suppressing the possibility of “disrespect” 

I suspect if there is any noticeable dissent at Anfield or the Etihad tomorrow night ( can’t  envisage any at Ibrox or Stamford Bridge on Wednesday  😂) then the powers that be will bin the football card for next weekend and use Police resources as an excuse .

i don’t really know the sympathies of the Liverpool or Man City supports in general when it comes to the monarchy. Are they likely to boo a minutes silence ? Might we see a minutes applause being trotted out?

8 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I don’t really know the sympathies of the Liverpool or Man City supports in general when it comes to the monarchy. Are they likely to boo a minutes silence ? Might we see a minutes applause being trotted out?

Liverpool fans typically hate anything to do with the British establishment so I imagine there will be very audible booing and jeering during any minutes silence.

But there isnt a chance we'll see a minutes applause. The country should be in mourning god dammit. No one is allowed to smile unless it is to reminisce about the times the queen showed even the slightest flicker of normal human emotion. Wear black pyjamas so you can pay your respect as you sleep. They'll think an applause would be akin to celebrating the fact the died, even though it is 100% a better and more fitting tribute to someone.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Liverpool fans typically hate anything to do with the British establishment so I imagine there will be very audible booing and jeering during any minutes silence.

But there isnt a chance we'll see a minutes applause. The country should be in mourning god dammit. No one is allowed to smile unless it is to reminisce about the times the queen showed even the slightest flicker of normal human emotion. Wear black pyjamas so you can pay your respect as you sleep. They'll think an applause would be akin to celebrating the fact the died, even though it is 100% a better and more fitting tribute to someone.

Yes I was thinking more along the lines of the authorities running scared of bad PR and fudging things by having a minutes applause rather than the more high risk strategy of a minutes silence. Based on what you say Anfield could be interesting then. 

10 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Yes I was thinking more along the lines of the authorities running scared of bad PR and fudging things by having a minutes applause rather than the more high risk strategy of a minutes silence. Based on what you say Anfield could be interesting then. 

Please dont get me wrong, I think the applause is what they should do for exactly that reason plus my own opinion that it is a more fitting tribute to someone.

But if the last few days has taught us anything, common sense and normality isnt something shown in this weird little country.

20 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Indeed....if there's one thing your average Scouser cannot abide it's over the top displays of mawkish sentimentality and mourning  !

18 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Indeed....if there's one thing your average Scouser cannot abide it's over the top displays of mawkish sentimentality and mourning  !

For that reason a lot of their fans are going to be conflicted with the situation. I suppose once the boos start even by a minority the ones that support the minutes silence then try to shout down the boos and it ends with the same result I.e. Liverpool fans disrupt minutes silence. Bit like Tynecastle last week.

Are the football authorities going to allow this to happen though?