So will the football be off this weekend?

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

SPFL.

I hope because I'll be emailing them and AFC.

If I feel like wasting my time.

I think you'll find that individual clubs will have absolutely no say in it. But given some of our fanbase there'll be an outcry and Aberdeen will be blamed for not doing enough to get the game played.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I was there. 

Me too.

We had a minibus of about 20 of us coming up from Stirling on the Saturday, staying the night in Aberdeen after the game and coming home Sunday lunchtime. 

When the funeral was arranged for Saturday and game put back to Sunday we augmented our plans to going up to Aberdeen teatime, night on the piss then home straight after the game. 

I was 20 year old at the time and, rather foolishly ripped the arse out it on the drink, ended up taking a young lady back to my room who was, shall we say no stranger to a sausage supper, whom my mates clocked doing the 'walk of shame' from the room Sunday morning and rather cruelly dubbed her 'Aberdeen Agnes' 🤦‍♂️😂

Made the game (just) but was in no fit state to be there, tragically and, some would say comically I was violently sick up the top tier of the Dick Donald stand approximately ten seconds into Diana's minutes silence 🤦‍♂️🤮

My only other recollection of the day was David Hopkins scoring a couple and drinking about three 2litre bottles of water on the bus back down to Stirling after the match.

A fitting tribute to the princess of Hearts I'd opine.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I was there. 

It sticks in my mind because I didn't miss a St Mirren game for anything in those days, and booked a trip to London in advance specifically because there was no league football that weekend, which resulted in me inadvertently attending a state funeral.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Fucking total farce if they are off which it sounds likely.

Sure Scotrail will happily hand the money back for the folk that have forked out for tickets to go up for games aswell.

Meanwhile every non-sporting entertainment industry will continue.

If you want to not go to football and mourn, feel free to do so, just as when anyone else dies.

If you don’t give a flying f**k you should be able to continue as normal.

Does not work like that. 

I remember being pissed off when Killie v Motherwell was called off because of the death of Princess Diana. 

Multiply that by 10 and you r not even close. 

That's all British horse racing and cricket tomorrow now cancelled (there were actually 2 race meets underway this evening that were abandoned).

All rugby in Scotland has been cancelled this weekend, as was a game in England this evening shortly before kickoff.

Decision on senior football in Scotland is due tomorrow - but the juniors (covering the North and Tayside areas at tiers 6+7 in pyramid) have gone early and cancelled all games.

EDIT: football games in EFL and Northern Ireland tomorrow also cancelled.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There's no bloody way that Rangers hierarchy will be wanting our game to go ahead. If they're asked to play the toys will come out of the pram.

Can you imagine the toxicity of the atmosphere.

A few Dons fans would inevitably boo during the minutes silence. 
**** would be outraged.  
Dons fans add fuel to it by singing some “inappropriate” songs.

It would be proper hatred.

It would be magic! 
Bring it on 

It's impossible to articulate how stupid it is that Accies can't play Inverness because someone who didn't even know either club existed has popped her clogs. What difference does it make in the slightest, other than ruining a bunch of people's day?

Truthfully the forced mourning is a total farce. She had no relevance in the life of most football clubs and almost every other industry will continue on bar sport. Normal Island strikes again.

Of course it is a tragic loss for a family, but the overreaction is as predictable as it is incredible.