So will the football be off this weekend?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If the games are on next weekend, St Mirren are going to have suffer whatever protests/banners the Green Brigade come up with to disrupt the minute's silence. Sky Sports will probably just mute the entire afternoon. Which would be good if they included whatever pundits they come up with that day.

The tarts have already done there bit David.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If the games are on next weekend, St Mirren are going to have suffer whatever protests/banners the Green Brigade come up with to disrupt the minute's silence. Sky Sports will probably just mute the entire afternoon. Which would be good if they included whatever pundits they come up with that day.

And all the headlines will talk about “Crowd trouble at St Mirren”

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's an absolute certainty whichever game Celtic play to have a minutes silence will be disrupted, I'm not condoning it by the way but I also think it wont be the only ground in the UK where this will happen, undoubtedly however the focus will be on it happening at whichever ground Celtic are playing at that afternoon. 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

It's an absolute certainty whichever game Celtic play to have a minutes silence will be disrupted, I'm not condoning it by the way but I also think it wont be the only ground in the UK where this will happen, undoubtedly however the focus will be on it happening at whichever ground Celtic are playing at that afternoon. 

Yeah, it will, because the disruption to the silence will be mirrored by the OTT singing in celebration and ‘God Save the King’ vibe coming from your bosom buddies across the city. The reason for the vast difference in reaction by the fans of the uglies will be for reasons not simply related to a dislike / hatred of the monarchy as an institution. Christ knows, there will be thousands of Sevconians who don’t actually give a fcuk about the institution who will belt out the songbook. The Sevconians who unfurl banners congratulating William & Kate - think they genuinely give a fcuk about William & Kate and their lives of privilege?

There will be many St Mirren fans at the game for whom observing a minute’s silence in her honour will stick in their craw’, but they’ll likely stand there and bite their lip, showing respect not necessarily for Queeny, but for their fellow fans, the club, and see no need to draw attention to themselves. Vast swathes of your lot will get erections by being able to disrupt the silence, same as vast swathes of the Sevco hordes will take delight in giving it the big licks in the loyalist songbook. We all know why. Attention should always be drawn to both sets of OF fans, because you are, in large part, just the same cheek of a huge sectarian arse.

10 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

It will be the only game in Scotland where it happens. Every other set of supporters will observe the minutes silence with indifference but it’s far too big an opportunity for the more attention seeking members of the Celtic support to miss. It won’t bother me for a second. I’d scrap the monarchy in a heartbeat.  The faux outrage from the tabloids and twitter will be more tiresome than the disrupted minutes silence.

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Hopefully it’s a home game, we have no silence, no black armbands and the flags are flying high 

Let the gammons give themselves a stroke 

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So you think the away Celtic support will stand in solemn silence for one minute at St Mirren?

The support is made up of individuals and if the individuals want to protest then let them protest I say 

If you want to have a silence them you can do so in the comfort of your own home.