So will the football be off this weekend?

Blanket amateur cancellation:

Scottish Amateur Football Association :: News Detail :: Fixture Postponement Details (scottishamateurfa.co.uk)

Following the sad news of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Scottish Amateur FA has taken the decision, as a mark of respect, to postpone all Scottish Amateur Cup, Sunday Trophy, District Cup Competitions and all Association/League games.

The decision was made to honour her extraordinary life and contribution to the nation and is aligned with the approach that other sporting bodies will take with their competitions this weekend.

Thank you for your understanding.

Iain Cowden
President
Scottish Amateur FA

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Imagine actually referring to someone as 'her/his/your majesty' and being serious about it.

Agreed but some people see it differently and that's their right in a free country which thankfully we still have. It's no excuse for hatred.

11 minutes ago, stressball said:

What did she do for Scotland?

She visited and chaired events at the University of Edinburgh numerous times which brought in funding in research. 

Brought in £millions each your in tourism to the Capital. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

She visited and chaired events at the University of Edinburgh numerous times which brought in funding in research. 

The Palace of Versailles is famously a derelict wasteland, where no tourist dares visit. 

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm not taking any "line of attack", just that you claimed that you felt "zero emotion" towards a stranger when all afternoon you have given the opposite vibes from your posts. Before you jump to conclusions about me, I felt pretty much nothing when the announcement was made last night, I'm not a royalist, I don't vote Tory, but some of the utter crap being posted on here today is pretty sad. I'm not angry, just disappointed. 

What sort of 'crap' are you disappointed by?

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Was she unique in that respect or could anyone have done that task?