So will the football be off this weekend?

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

She deserves zero of my respect. I'm not out in the streets celebrating*, but I'm not in any way sad or upset or moved etc. I feel absolutely zero emotion towards a total stranger I had utter disdain for.

*Yet. It's early still...

That doesn't sound like zero emotion to me.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What question? Why she deserves respect? She lived her life in the full glare of the public eye for 70 years and was born into the life, not choosing it. People on here making sweeping assumptions about what she was like when she got what little private life that she could. Just like everyone else on here I've no idea what private views she held. 

She could have abdicated any time she wanted.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What question? Why she deserves respect? She lived her life in the full glare of the public eye for 70 years and was born into the life, not choosing it. People on here making sweeping assumptions about what she was like when she got what little private life that she could. Just like everyone else on here I've no idea what private views she held. 

The option is always there to remove yourself from it. Might have to do some real work right enough.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That doesn't sound like zero emotion to me.

Ah, I see the line of attack you're taking. The old 'seething'/'upset' patter in an effort to discredit what I said.

Pretty disrespectful to the queen quite frankly.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For those fawning over the queen, why? What exactly did she do for the UK and/or Scotland. Why does she deserve your respect?

There are always jokes when someone dies. There's a fucking deadpool. Why is that ok but suddenly the queen is some sort of hard line and somehow different? 

746B557B-3A47-4000-AA2A-A4C23DCEF985.jpeg

E34A456B-8601-4036-9342-590D1EB7CF86.jpeg

90FB7DBD-7BEA-4977-ADCC-5550A8DE4593.jpeg

Won't someone please think about the billionaire family with centuries of plundered wealth ?

Remember, the Queen's family won't see your VILE post about her death, but some weirdo Motherwell or Aberdeen fan might.

I don't like the concept of royalty, but am neither up nor down about the death of the head of the UK royal family. Possibly I'm one of the older posters on here, but don't fall into the category suggested by @Frank Grimes above: my bile is directed towards the SPFL and SFA, noting cricket resumes tomorrow, rugby league and golf too, horse racing on Sunday, the Great North Run with 60,000 taking part.

It's an idiotic decision to postpone football games, costing supporters and clubs large sums of cash , the very groups that the football authorities are supposed to represent and assist. By the time these games are played we'll be deeper into the recession, but the daft cunts that made the cancellation decision won't even have had that thought enter their heads.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said it was appropriate to "mark the event with all possible solemnity" and added that there would be a further update "when we have clarity over official arrangements for Her Majesty's funeral".

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah, I see the line of attack you're taking. The old 'seething'/'upset' patter in an effort to discredit what I said.

Pretty disrespectful to the queen quite frankly.

I'm not taking any "line of attack", just that you claimed that you felt "zero emotion" towards a stranger when all afternoon you have given the opposite vibes from your posts. Before you jump to conclusions about me, I felt pretty much nothing when the announcement was made last night, I'm not a royalist, I don't vote Tory, but some of the utter crap being posted on here today is pretty sad. I'm not angry, just disappointed.