So will the football be off this weekend?

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gonna tell the TV/Radio that then as Adele has been on fucking repeat for the last 24 hrs.

One of the main ways a lot of working class folk in the UK seek solace every weekend is by watching football. 

If folk are too sad to attend then nobody is forcing them. 

Clyde 1 had the entire James Blunt Album on earlier.

I only just managed to avoid the Kitchen Knives on the way past them.....

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye. She's still dead.

This is why I saved all my old DVDs!

Should be an applause. That way folk who want to can show their 'respect' and those who don't want to don't have to.

So what if she's been there all our lives? What's the relevance?

She did her best to represent her own interests. Loved Scotland? The place maybe, but certainly not the people which she repeatedly demonstrated disdain for. Why should we care if a person loves a country anyway, let alone be thankful for it?

She was far from a 'very decent human being'. Racist, a massive Tory, sat on her massive wealth whilst food banks have exploded in necessity, regularly abused her privilege in parliament, and covering for 'unsavoury incidents' with her family.

Respect goes both ways and plenty have zero for her. Even then though, people who want to show 'respect' for her aren't being stopped from doing so.

OK, she was a vile, evil, racist, Tory leaning cow who had wealth only matched by Craig Whyte, disliked the Scots, but loved the hunting & fishing part of us, was purely a self-interested, privilege abusing bitch who turned a blind eye to the scum element in her own family.

Happier?

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why would people on here think that post deserves some red dots? Plenty of folk on here think that Celtic and Rangers fans are told what to think, and it's getting a bit like that on P&B. Welldaft put up a reasonably put together post but not to the liking of a few people on here because it goes against the P&B philosophy. 

Just looked -8.  Was hoping for more 

I understand that in the main P&B philosophy is basically Tories are c***s, the royals should be put down.  Westminster should be burnt to the ground. etc etc. Thankfully there are a silent majority that keeps this country on the right path and will do so for much longer than a generation ......

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

OK, she was a vile, evil, racist, Tory leaning cow who had wealth only matched by Craig Whyte, disliked the Scots, but loved the hunting & fishing part of us, was purely a self-interested, privilege abusing bitch who turned a blind eye to the scum element in her own family.

Happier?

Much, thank you.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Just looked -8.  Was hoping for more 

I understand that in the main P&B philosophy is basically Tories are c***s, the royals should be put down.  Westminster should be burnt to the ground. etc etc. Thankfully there are a silent majority that keeps this country on the right path and will do so for much longer than a generation ......

Land of hope and glory...

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Think its about time we reminded ourselves there are people who want to mourn the queen

image.png.c4094deedbdaab8ad0f4befb8e9bd936.png

A bit of black masking tape and a front page from the metro. Talk about a poundland tribute.

Football Supporters’ Association lament ‘opportunity missed’ to allow fans to show respect at matches

The Football Supporters’ Association has expressed regret at the decision of the Premier League, Football Association and other bodies of the sport to cancel fixtures this weekend as a mark of respect.

Following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, meetings were held between the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and the relevant sporting organisations to discuss plans for marking the occasion with respectful gestures, with the guidance being that it was up to each sport in turn to decide how to do so.

While most sports such as cricket, rugby and golf have opted to continue playing, football’s governing bodies chose to postpone all fixtures across the major men’s and women’s leagues as well as grassroots games.

The choice has not been a universally popular one, to say the least, with the FSA responding to say that while they acknowledged the game faced a tough decision either way, they were confident fans would in the main have preferred to show respect by attending football matches and paying “special tribute” there.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Mentally, I feel exactly the same as I did before the Queen died.  Why can't it be my choice to go the football tomorrow and not someone else's?

More importantly, if the footballers are getting the day off, why aren't the rest of us?