So will the football be off this weekend?

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tay FM has spent the entire day playing depressing songs (Angels by Robbie William has 3 plays so far), no adverts, and no news updates beyond whats happening with the royal family.

The whole country is literally being forced to be sad for absolutely no reason.

Football returning after covid helped show how important the experience is for many with depression etc., chance to spend time with friends/family, blow off steam etc

Theres absolutely people with depression being pounded with 24hr "be upset!" coverage and have had their weekend escape stolen from them, all because a rich 96yo died peacefully surrounded by family and we've all to be upset.

Swear to god the commercial radio station we have on in the office must be running out of quite pensive saddo pop soon. By 5pm it will just be an old man groaning into a bucket. 

30 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nobody is forcing anyone to be sad.

Whether you like it or not the Queen has been our Monarch for most if not all of our lives. To some (especially in Scotland and on this Board) they could not care less. Fine. But for others they will acknowledge this is more than just a 96 year old lady passing away. 

Despite how I come across I am not a royalist and dislike a fair few of them. But the Queen never asked to be born into the Royal family. She did her best to represent the UK during her 70 year reign. She absolutely loved Scotland and thankfully there are many north of the border that appreciate that. I do. 

The next two weeks will be a tough watch. Certainly I hope next weekend fixtures go ahead, assuming the funeral is into the following week as anticipated. 

Gonna tell the TV/Radio that then as Adele has been on fucking repeat for the last 24 hrs.

One of the main ways a lot of working class folk in the UK seek solace every weekend is by watching football. 

If folk are too sad to attend then nobody is forcing them. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Swear to god the commercial radio station we have on in the office must be running out of quite pensive saddo pop soon. By 5pm it will just be an old man groaning into a bucket. 

5pm eh? Must tune in for McCartney at Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

VAR not reviewing this?

Aye. She's still dead.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Netflix and Amazon Prime the next couple of weeks it is then, unless those will be taken off air so everyone is forced to watch ITV and BBC 24 hour coverage of the life and times of Lizzie. At this point nothing would surprise me. 

This is why I saved all my old DVDs!

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I must admit being torn with this. 
I am angry that I won’t be able to watch footy tomorrow but kind of get why not.

In the normal world having hundreds of thousands of people all over Britain silently paying their respects together at 3pm would be far more emotional and appropriate than sitting at home.

However the ignorant b*****ds among fans of certain Scottish teams would appear to show we are incapable of doing this as we know they can’t be trusted to behave like normal human beings.

Scotland’s shame.

Should be an applause. That way folk who want to can show their 'respect' and those who don't want to don't have to.

40 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nobody is forcing anyone to be sad.

Whether you like it or not the Queen has been our Monarch for most if not all of our lives. To some (especially in Scotland and on this Board) they could not care less. Fine. But for others they will acknowledge this is more than just a 96 year old lady passing away. 

Despite how I come across I am not a royalist and dislike a fair few of them. But the Queen never asked to be born into the Royal family. She did her best to represent the UK during her 70 year reign. She absolutely loved Scotland and thankfully there are many north of the border that appreciate that. I do. 

The next two weeks will be a tough watch. Certainly I hope next weekend fixtures go ahead, assuming the funeral is into the following week as anticipated. 

So what if she's been there all our lives? What's the relevance?

She did her best to represent her own interests. Loved Scotland? The place maybe, but certainly not the people which she repeatedly demonstrated disdain for. Why should we care if a person loves a country anyway, let alone be thankful for it?

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Watched the Rams v Bills season opener this morning, just been shopping and got the beers and nibbles in for an entire Sunday in front of the NFL on Sky. Never been so glad to be a huge NFL fan. No disrespect to Liz Windsor herself, as I think she was a very decent human being and excelled at Queen type duties - but I’ve had enough of this nationwide grief pish. RIP Liz, you put in a great shift, but I’m out. Roll on Sunday.

She was far from a 'very decent human being'. Racist, a massive Tory, sat on her massive wealth whilst food banks have exploded in necessity, regularly abused her privilege in parliament, and covering for 'unsavoury incidents' with her family.

Respect goes both ways and plenty have zero for her. Even then though, people who want to show 'respect' for her aren't being stopped from doing so.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

She was far from a 'very decent human being'. Racist, a massive Tory, sat on her massive wealth whilst food banks have exploded in necessity, regularly abused her privilege in parliament, and covering for 'unsavoury incidents' with her family.

Respect goes both ways and plenty have zero for her. Even then though, people who want to show 'respect' for her aren't being stopped from doing so.

Was Her Madge an actual racist? Much of the rest of her family were - Phil, Andy, Princess Michael, the Queen Mum all spring readily to mind - but I'm not aware of the Queen actually being accused of racism.

33 minutes ago, BoJack said:

Mate. I'll make this as easy as possible. I'm glad she's deed and can't wait till they all die. 

Nothing against her as a person, as a human being. It's her as a queen, a royal scumbag. Sooner or they all die the better. 

Most people feel this same way. f**k the monarch. Hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying. Have a nice day.

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's our own suits who've done this nobody else.

The Scottish Gov, UK Gov and even the Royals were happy for us to go ahead, we've basically been screwed over by our own incompetent and completely out of touch tossers who run our game.....

Entirely unsurprising that the SPFL/SFA are completely incapable of thinking for themselves and would just copy what the English leagues decided, rather than look at the multitude of other sports moving ahead with games this weekend.

Pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Was Her Madge an actual racist? Much of the rest of her family were - Phil, Andy, Princess Michael, the Queen Mum all spring readily to mind - but I'm not aware of the Queen actually being accused of racism.

David Jason's recount of her jovial sense of humour a wee while ago didn't do her many favours.

Edited by Fratelli