So will the football be off this weekend?

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You did call me child like for being annoyed. Just because you’re not fussed doesn’t mean everyone else should be. 

I apologise for name calling.  Just feel theres a massive over reaction ironically to the portrayed over reaction by the country in cancelling most sporting events for a couple of days. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

People don’t want their lives dictated to them. Or to be told who to grieve, when to grieve and how to grieve. 

As has been said, working people are still in work today because too many financial interests would be impacted. So football and sport has been selected as the sacrificial lamb, not because they believe people are curled up in grief, but because an image needs to be portrayed that we’re a ‘nation in mourning’. It’s a lot of shite and people are absolutely right to be annoyed. 

8 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

This is all a fear of being out of step with the perceived public opinion and the potential backlash. 

Getting soundbites outside Buck House etc. isn't a good gauge of public opinion anyway. Those people have felt compelled, for whatever reason, to go to these places right now. Of course you are going to get the reaction your seeing. 

Anyway, I went to the football the day after my father died (I needed out the house) and a couple of days after my mother's. Now my lesiure activities, but not my work, are curtailed without any choice. 

How, Where, When, or even If you grieve shoud be a personal thing. Not something that is imposed upon you. 

Am I showing disrespect tomorrow by watching Netflix instead of Ayr United v Partick Thistle? 

No greenies left but spot on lads.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

People don’t want their lives dictated to them. Or to be told who to grieve, when to grieve and how to grieve. 

As has been said, working people are still in work today because too many financial interests would be impacted. So football and sport has been selected as the sacrificial lamb, not because they believe people are curled up in grief, but because an image needs to be portrayed that we’re a ‘nation in mourning’. It’s a lot of shite and people are absolutely right to be annoyed. 

It's a bit dramatic saying people are getting their lives dictated to because games of football are off.  I'm sympathetic to the people have already paid for tickets and travel and are losing money mind you.  The nation is in official mourning though, I didn't decide that and I don't really agree with that especially for the next 10 days or so but others have it as a massive deal especially obviously the English.  I'm not fussed and understand why the football has been cancelled and respect the decision thats been made.  If it was up to me though I would have had all sport go on as I've said on another thread.  I understand why people are fucked off at the decision too. 

It’ll be some laugh next week when UEFA tell the UK clubs to get on with their European games, but then league games are off again next weekend for the “mourning” to restart.

Just give them all 3-0 defeats, would be an improvement for our clubs.

I was looking forward to the fitba tomorrow,  nothing worse than the wait for the game when you've had some terrible results. 

But the weekends games were never going to go ahead so we'll have a fitbaless weekend, not the end of the world. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It's a bit dramatic saying people are getting their lives dictated to because games of football are off.  I'm sympathetic to the people have already paid for tickets and travel and are losing money mind you.  The nation is in official mourning though, I didn't decide that and I don't really agree with that especially for the next 10 days or so but others have it as a massive deal especially obviously the English.  I'm not fussed and understand why the football has been cancelled and respect the decision thats been made.  If it was up to me though I would have had all sport go on as I've said on another thread.  I understand why people are fucked off at the decision too. 

I don’t see how that’s dramatic. People invest huge time and money into going to and playing football. It’s a massive part of peoples weekend and often the social highlight of their week. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

I was looking forward to the fitba tomorrow,  nothing worse than the wait for the game when you've had some terrible results. 

But the weekends games were never going to go ahead so we'll have two fitbaless weekends, not the end of the world. 

FTFY

I must admit being torn with this. 
I am angry that I won’t be able to watch footy tomorrow but kind of get why not.

In the normal world having hundreds of thousands of people all over Britain silently paying their respects together at 3pm would be far more emotional and appropriate than sitting at home.

However the ignorant b*****ds among fans of certain Scottish teams would appear to show we are incapable of doing this as we know they can’t be trusted to behave like normal human beings.

Scotland’s shame.

I was seething this morning with shite on the radio but it's actually turned out not too bad. Absolute have played music all morning with no ads, talking or news (save to remind us the old dear is deid on the hour). Music a little on the sombre side but perking up this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t see how that’s dramatic. People invest huge time and money into going to and playing football. It’s a massive part of peoples weekend and often the social highlight of their week. 

People have compared us to North Korea.

Second part I empathize with. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I must admit being torn with this. 
I am angry that I won’t be able to watch footy tomorrow but kind of get why not.

In the normal world having hundreds of thousands of people all over Britain silently paying their respects together at 3pm would be far more emotional and appropriate than sitting at home.

However the ignorant b*****ds among fans of certain Scottish teams would appear to show we are incapable of doing this as we know they can’t be trusted to behave like normal human beings.

Scotland’s shame.

Here's the thing though, I have no interest whatsoever in the Queen or any other Royals, same as I don't have any interest in anyone else that dies that I don't know.

It's not being disrespectful and I don't wish them any ill will, it's simply that I don't care.

Am I alone in this ??