So will the football be off this weekend?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

This raises an interesting constitutional point - 

Hide contents

not really interesting, but f**k it - I could be watching a car drive slowly through villages and towns, eh?

If those "in line to the throne" - your Williams, Georges, Sophies etc etc kept popping their clogs is there a huge number of people who are " XYZ in line" to the throne - i.e. is there a line of Marquis of Bath type junkie / pish heads who are 350th in line to the throne and might, in the event of a nuclear catastrophe, become king or queen?

61CFE72C-A73D-44B0-8664-F72E7678C469.jpeg

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’s amazing the shite you watch to avoid the Queen stuff. Cookery shows. True crime channels. Even had a bash at The Poseidon Adventure there.

I’ve gave up and heading to the park with the weans. Is playing on the swings disrespectful? 

Not in the slightest. 

All you have to do is say "as a mark of respect".

So far as a mark of respect;

I've cut the grass, cleaned out the pond, ordered stuff from amazon, enjoyed a big tasty at mcdonalds, watched bike racing on TV, fixed the shower head, had a beer or two and now, more bike racing on TV. 

It's what she would have wanted. 

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

We heard a helicopter overhead last night about 11.

My wife wondered if they flew the body down and the hearse is just some elaborate anti terririst ruse.

It would be the ultimate "f**k you" from the royals to the plebs to  get them to stand for hours to wave at an ampty coffin...........

There's absolutely no chance her body is in that car.

Apparently loads of tourists already lining the bottom bit of the Royal Mile  near Holyrood..........and the hearse is still north of Perth !

Saw on twitter when there proclamation for King Charles was done in Edinburgh there was some booing 😁

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Apparently loads of tourists already lining the bottom bit of the Royal Mile  near Holyrood..........and the hearse is still north of Perth !

Saw on twitter when there proclamation for King Charles was done in Edinburgh there was some booing 😁

Any guys walking up and down shouting ‘Err’ the T Shirts, ten pound the T Shirts, get your final tour T Shirts, ten pound the Queen T Shirts’

Well done to the Dundonians.  A very impressive turn out. Looks like half the City is out in force [emoji122][emoji122]

The route was within a 10 minute walk from where I stay. Not once did it cross my mind to go out and watch. I wouldn’t even bother opening the blinds if she came right past the house.

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

People have been there since this morning.  Bus stops down my way are packed of folk with flowers too near Cameron Toll. 

Only caught a couple of brief moments before the Italian Grand Prix started. Views of a cortege zooming down a motorway accompanied by some of the biggest shite ever spoken on TV…. ‘She was just like a family member, you felt like she was one of your family’…. ‘The cortege is now approaching Dundee on her final journey through her beloved Scotland. This just wouldn’t have happened had she died at Windsor Castle’…. No fcuking shit, she’d be passing Legoland and could have included a quick drive past Ascot racecourse instead, you utter fud.

Edited by pozbaird

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Any guys walking up and down shouting ‘Err’ the T Shirts, ten pound the T Shirts, get your final tour T Shirts, ten pound the Queen T Shirts’

They sell them in the Hearts clubstore and I hear it's open for business today. 

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’s amazing the shite you watch to avoid the Queen stuff. Cookery shows. True crime channels. Even had a bash at The Poseidon Adventure there.

I’ve gave up and heading to the park with the weans. Is playing on the swings disrespectful? 

I'm surprised they havent padlocked the swings lockdown style.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Given the police appear to be struggling to provide officers for the Rangers CL tie (seems to be the reason for it being moved to Wednesday) it makes you wonder if we will see a full card next weekend with the levels of mutual aid required in London ?

English games will be off.  I think we will follow suit. 

Can you explain how it is showing 'respect' to gawp at a coffin in a car as said car drives past? Catching a slight glimpse of a wooden box from a large crowd doesn't seem very 'respectful' to me, but then I'm sure a decent person like yourself can elaborate.
Plenty of people have, in the past, lined the streets to watch the funeral procession of an ex-football player or manager or favourite actor etc. to pay their respects. Maybe I'm showing my age but what I don't see as respectful is waiting to film a hearse on your mobile phone.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I'm surprised they havent padlocked the swings lockdown style.

Surprised we've not been asked to collect our tears and send them away so the crown can check if people have been mourning properly according to their wee rule book.

IMO, lining the streets to watch a hearse go by is strange behaviour regardless whose in it. I've never seen the appeal.

Funny as f**k if it breaks down.