So will the football be off this weekend?

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just think, if she’d popped it a few weeks ago she’d have been in Edinburgh for the festival. Think of the tourist scenes. 

She’s let the city down imo. 

During the bin strike too, ceremonial flypast from a squadron of seagulls, pizza crusts and burgers in their beaks.

Gawd bless yer ma'am 🥺

There are some pretty strong and polarised opinions on this thread, considering how straightforward things really ought to be.

If you want to mark the passing of the Queen in a respectful manner, feel free to do so. That's your prerogative. If her death moves you to tears, fill your boots handkerchief. Have as many minutes of contemplative silence as you need.

If, on the other hand, you are neither under nor overwhelmed, feel equally free to respectfully give everything a wide berth as best you can. Unfortunately, the nanny state won't afford you the choice to navigate this route easily, because it wants to dictate how you should react to the death of its monarch and has sought to make wide-ranging restrictions accordingly.

You have complete freedom of choice - to do as you're told, when you're told. Misery is demanded, so you will be miserable, like it or not. 

That’s the second presenter I’ve seen today who’s voice is starting to go. Some guy on sky earlier and now Sophie Raworth on BBC. Constantly having to talk for hours on end.

2 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:
12 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:
Packs the shops pubs and restaurants of the capital though as well as hotels.  Bonus. 

If only the monarch could die every week

This raises an interesting constitutional point - 

Spoiler

not really interesting, but f**k it - I could be watching a car drive slowly through villages and towns, eh?

If those "in line to the throne" - your Williams, Georges, Sophies etc etc kept popping their clogs is there a huge number of people who are " XYZ in line" to the throne - i.e. is there a line of Marquis of Bath type junkie / pish heads who are 350th in line to the throne and might, in the event of a nuclear catastrophe, become king or queen?

57 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Reveal hidden contents

not really interesting, but f**k it - I could be watching a car drive slowly through villages and towns, eh?

If those "in line to the throne" - your Williams, Georges, Sophies etc etc kept popping their clogs is there a huge number of people who are " XYZ in line" to the throne - i.e. is there a line of Marquis of Bath type junkie / pish heads who are 350th in line to the throne and might, in the event of a nuclear catastrophe, become king or queen?

Let's hope they don't get down to 8th in line...

Return of Prince Andrew to his official duties ¡He wants to go back!

It’s amazing the shite you watch to avoid the Queen stuff. Cookery shows. True crime channels. Even had a bash at The Poseidon Adventure there.

I’ve gave up and heading to the park with the weans. Is playing on the swings disrespectful? 

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’s amazing the shite you watch to avoid the Queen stuff. Cookery shows. True crime channels. Even had a bash at The Poseidon Adventure there.

I’ve gave up and heading to the park with the weans. Is playing on the swings disrespectful? 

Incredibly. You are to be taken to the tower for execution.

9 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Horse racing from Doncaster and The Curragh on ITV4.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a direct descendant of Robert III. I'll not lie, I saw COVID as a real opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

The one and only time my TV has been on since Thursday's laugh-fest at Hearts, is when I watched Rings of Power on Amazon the following day. Straight off after.

Turn it off! Just don't watch anything! Do something less boring instead!