So will the football be off this weekend?

54 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You know it's gone to shit when listening to Rod Stewart's Every Picture Tells a Story is better than watching the telly.

Absolute belter of a track and album.

Never A Dull Moment is his best album, just a notch up from EPTAS.

Edited by kingjoey

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Where are you seeing this? The last advice we got was that all games bar the Scottish Cup were to go ahead.

Got a message via the club my son plays for from the DDYFA that all games will be off and cup games will move to next week.

IMG-20220909-WA0002.jpg.e647ca3cee73ef8b7dfa4db835b00949.jpg

Edit; Maybe because all the games were Scottish Cup?

Edited by johnnydun

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's culturally interesting the adult leagues who went early yesterday were also all from the north and north-east: North & Tayside Juniors; North Caley; Perthshire, Tayside and Aberdeenshire amateurs IIRC.

I don't think it was staunchness that did it for the North Caley, just letting players and everyone else know early that they had a definite weekend off to plan what they wanted.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's culturally interesting the adult leagues who went early yesterday were also all from the north and north-east: North & Tayside Juniors; North Caley; Perthshire, Tayside and Aberdeenshire amateurs IIRC.

Can you elaborate on this please.

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Perthshire Ammies saying this weekend’s games were a SAFA decision.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think it was staunchness that did it for the North Caley, just letting players and everyone else know early that they had a definite weekend off to plan what they wanted.

I wasn't meaning anything like that. Just that it's like salt-&-sauce v salt-&-vinegar, or why Scottish full-times always used to come in a couple of minutes before England, or why certain parts of non-league football play at 2pm or 2:30pm not 3pm. No obvious reason for it - hardly likely to be political, economic, social or whatever - yet somehow not totally random.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I wasn't meaning anything like that. Just that it's like salt-&-sauce v salt-&-vinegar, or why Scottish full-times always used to come in a couple of minutes before England, or why certain parts of non-league football play at 2pm or 2:30pm not 3pm. No obvious reason for it - hardly likely to be political, economic, social or whatever - yet somehow not totally random.

North Caley were much the same when the Covid rules were in doubt, just called it off instead of leaving everyone fannying about not knowing.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Got a message via the club my son plays for from the DDYFA that all games will be off and cup games will move to next week.

IMG-20220909-WA0002.jpg.e647ca3cee73ef8b7dfa4db835b00949.jpg

Edit; Maybe because all the games were Scottish Cup?

Cheers. We're still not being advised that the league games are cancelled, but who knows.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol:

That definitely happened. 

My 6yo said 'Daddy, do you think that the passing of the Queen will lead to an irretrievable schism between the public and the very concept of monarchy, or can King Charles defy public perception and prove that the roots of the nation's servilty go beyond that of a single respected figurehead'?

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym

17 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

My 6yo said 'Daddy, do you think that the passing of the Queen will lead to an irretrievable schism between the public and the very concept of monarchy, or can King Charles defy public perception and prove that the roots of the nation's servilty go beyond that of a single respected figurehead'?

My 6 year old went tonight "Daddy, do you know that the Queen has died?" I said yeah I heard on the news somewhere.  She then said "When I get older dad I'm going to find a King so I can be the Queen" I said ok princess (ironic but do call her my princess) but it's not worth the hassle, most of P&B will think you're a poisonous parasite c**t" * She then showed me the picture she made me at Scouts and sang some Elton John song she was taught at School. (long long time maybe?).  Then their mum told them christmas is cancelled because the Queens dead like the horrible wind up make the kids upset tosser shes became. 

*my reply to her Queen dreams may be strictly untrue and may have left it after princess. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

43 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

most of P&B will think you're a poisonous parasite c**t

The upper class are, by definition, poisonous parasite c***s. They do f**k-all work yet own everything so get to gobble the profits from everyone else's labour.

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

My 6 year old went tonight "Daddy, do you know that the Queen has died?" I said yeah I heard on the news somewhere.  She then said "When I get older dad I'm going to find a King so I can be the Queen" I said ok princess (ironic but do call her my princess) but it's not worth the hassle, most of P&B will think you're a poisonous parasite c**t" * She then showed me the picture she made me at Scouts and sang some Elton John song she was taught at School. (long long time maybe?).  Then their mum told them christmas is cancelled because the Queens dead like the horrible wind up make the kids upset tosser shes became. 

*my reply to her Queen dreams may be strictly untrue and may have left it after princess. 

My 8yo was looking over my shoulder as I watched that video and she said to me “Daddy, that woman is fucking mental”.