So will the football be off this weekend?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Posts like the one below are why. There's always an undercurrent from these types of post that never takes too long to bubble to the surface, and P&B has been around long enough for posters to spot it a mile off.

Spot on

Not a Royalist indeed :lol:

Anyone with access to non U.K. football should adopt a European team for the weekend and watch them.  Have a wee drink to celebrate the passing of a sponging old bint whilst you’re at it whilst decrying the ongoing sponging of her successor.

As a Barca fanboy I’d be watching the game at 5.30 on Saturday anyway.

For those fawning over the queen, why? What exactly did she do for the UK and/or Scotland. Why does she deserve your respect?

There are always jokes when someone dies. There's a fucking deadpool. Why is that ok but suddenly the queen is some sort of hard line and somehow different? 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you're too embarrassed to give your reasons it's ok.

This isn’t the thread for politics. If I were embarrassed about voting Tory then I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Your post kind of backs up welldaft’s point, the left attacks and abuses anyone with that disagrees with them.

1 minute ago, Captain Saintsible said:

This isn’t the thread for politics. If I were embarrassed about voting Tory then I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Your post kind of backs up welldaft’s point, the left attacks and abuses anyone with that disagrees with them.

I haven't attacked you, I asked why you vote Tory and you replied with a fairly defensive comment.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For those fawning over the queen, why? What exactly did she do for the UK and/or Scotland. Why does she deserve your respect?

There are always jokes when someone dies. There's a fucking deadpool. Why is that ok but suddenly the queen is some sort of hard line and somehow different? 

You don't have fawn over the Queen to show a little bit of respect, which you clearly have no intention of doing. 

I genuinely don’t think I actually hate anyone. Especially an old lady who I’ve never met and don’t know. 
 I totally get why folk are pissed off that the fitba’s cancelled though. My auld mum was moaning like f**k on the phone earlier that Emmerdale’s been cancelled and she quite liked auld Liz. Folk just want to get on with their lives.

Just now, kingjoey said:

You don't have fawn over the Queen to show a little bit of respect, which you clearly have no intention of doing. 

She deserves zero of my respect. I'm not out in the streets celebrating*, but I'm not in any way sad or upset or moved etc. I feel absolutely zero emotion towards a total stranger I had utter disdain for.

*Yet. It's early still...

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

This thread has brought some amount of bile and hatred out into the open. 

Good.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why should anyone have to show respect. Go and be the Thought Police elsewhere.

The football authorities are guilty of virtue signalling and have got it all wrong. I've lost £40 in advance fares for a game tomorrow and I'm very unhappy with that. Also unhappy that when games are played may well be inconvenient. I'm not a royalist but can hardly blame the royal family for what the authorities have done . The level of hatred spouted out on this is quite disturbing and juvenile . Very sad.

1 minute ago, Oldchap said:

The football authorities are guilty of virtue signalling and have got it all wrong. I've lost £40 in advance fares for a game tomorrow and I'm very unhappy with that. Also unhappy that when games are played may well be inconvenient. I'm not a royalist but can hardly blame the royal family for what the authorities have done . The level of hatred spouted out on this is quite disturbing and juvenile . Very sad.

Yes, I don't think that we should forget that it's neither the UK or Scottish Governments nor is it the Royals who've caused this idiotic carry on, it's none other than our own Football authorities and whether or not our clubs had any input at all would also be interesting to know.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I notice you didn’t answer the main question, Joey 

Old folk and the Royals, I dinna get it 

What question? Why she deserves respect? She lived her life in the full glare of the public eye for 70 years and was born into the life, not choosing it. People on here making sweeping assumptions about what she was like when she got what little private life that she could. Just like everyone else on here I've no idea what private views she held.