So will the football be off this weekend?

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Once again, football is the nation's conscience. However, shops, pubs, clubs, the pictures are ok to go. 

A reminder that football is a working class game. And the working class will not have complete respect for the monarchy.

That is why English rugby can go ahead. they know the pre-match mourning will go over uniterrupted.

1 hour ago, partick_twinny said:

More importantly, if the footballers are getting the day off, why aren't the rest of us?

To be fair depending on which team you support and which week of the year it is reading posts on here some footballers regularly have a day off but it doesn't coincide with anyone dying :P

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Now a minute's silence for the queen in Dublin would be something...

the games would have to behind closed doors.

Tbf, I reckon there's zero chance Rangers are playing in Dublin.

Hopefully UEFA tell the British clubs to play or forfeit this midweek.

47 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They know any football gathering where there is going to be a minute's silence will be interrupted. It will not be "dignified" and the people who are making these decisions are well aware of it.

Football crowds in scotland would be the largest gathering of republicans in the country.

This will happen whenever the first game back is.

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I play in a fives league on sundays aimed at helping men lose weight and improve their physical and mental health.

Thats just been cancelled as well.

I fucking hate this country.

That is appalling just shows all talk of mental health after covid was just bluster 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Posts like the one below are why. There's always an undercurrent from these types of post that never takes too long to bubble to the surface, and P&B has been around long enough for posters to spot it a mile off.

What utter utter drivel. 

Undercurrent - pmsl at that. There is no undercurrent with a lot of posters the last 24 hours. Just pure hatred. Basically if you are not a Tory Hating Independence supporter you do not (in the main) fit on this board. That is clear for all to see. If you dare to have alternative views you are red dotted all over the place. Not that I give a sh1t.

Some of the posts on here about the death of the Queen have been VILE. And they get green dotted. Sad but not unexpected. 

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What utter utter drivel. 

Undercurrent - pmsl at that. There is no undercurrent with a lot of posters the last 24 hours. Just pure hatred. Basically if you are not a Tory Hating Independence supporter you do not (in the main) fit on this board. That is clear for all to see. If you dare to have alternative views you are red dotted all over the place. Not that I give a sh1t.

Some of the posts on here about the death of the Queen have been VILE. And they get green dotted. Sad but not unexpected. 

Love how everytime some gets red dotted they feel the need to reiterate several times how not bothered they are about it.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They know any football gathering where there is going to be a minute's silence will be interrupted. It will not be "dignified" and the people who are making these decisions are well aware of it.

Football crowds in scotland would be the largest gathering of republicans in the country.

Assuming the SFA will have one the first Scotland game, the Ukraine game ending up being pushed back to this month will have saved them from the spectacle of having a minutes silence for the queen before a weekend evening kick off against Ireland. 

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Love how everytime some gets red dotted they feel the need to reiterate several times how not bothered they are about it.

Glad you do mate. Red = negative. Green = positive. 

I don’t know how many green / red dots I have. And as I said don’t care for the hard of thinking.